Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Oh I don't think it will be easy but I think it's within the realm of possibility. SWG did it. However abandoning the current games engine for another would basically be making a new game which I would be surprised if they did. They've hinted at some big shit coming to space in the new future anyway so SOMETHING is down the pipe line. It was big enough to have an "alpha" testing phase with it.
    Yeah, one way or another the space missions need 'something', so I'll be looking forward to this. You're right about SWG too, they added lots of things over time, so if it's possible there, it should be possible here. In SWG some things arrived just that bit too late to save it though which was sad.
    I know we see a lot of 'ideas to improve' SWTOR like this vid all over the place at the mo, but I guess that's at least showing that people love the game, are concerned that it's losing some interest, and don't want to see that happen. I'm all for things like this personally.

these wide ranging wish lists of rethinks and do-overs are doomed. You have the game you're going to have. If they ever do rethink it, I promise they'll make it worse.
    I kinda disagree with that. I don't think it's a do-over that's being suggested, just additions and improvements. A do-over would be a different game (a bit like changing from SWG to SWTOR).

Why is this game always down for maintenance during my only time to play... Seriously if they aren't patching it wth are they doing...
    And you could look deep into my eyes
    Like I was a super-model
    Uh-huh

Quote Originally Posted by Dreary View Post
    Why is this game always down for maintenance during my only time to play... Seriously if they aren't patching it wth are they doing...
    While it sucks they go offline during your best time to play they do have to maintain the servers and game. Most of that is fixing small and large bugs they find. Sorry but SWTOR has jumped on board with the best time to shut down being late Monday night to early Tuesday morning, this seems to be an industry norm. Now if you aren't in NA then yeah you are getting hosed and why BW doesn't split up server downtime is beyond me.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I stopped watching that movie after point number 3. It seems alot of people bought into the over-hype before release and was expecting the second coming of Christ in terms of MMO evolution - even though BioWare did announce it as basically "WoW in Space with a twist". Anyone who thought it would be anything simular to SWG, Eve or any other sandbox-style MMO was fooling themselves or never played the original KOTOR games.

Now, some of the stuff that I was not happy about was lack of consequence - particular when it comes to companions. SPOILER: Why on earth did they remove the option to kill off Quinn when he betrays you? Why not put a limit on how many companions you can kill and then reimplement the behavior kits so any of your comps can be a healer, tank or M/R DPS. That way, anyone will always have at a bare minimum one companion and the option to fit them as needed.

Oh, and I do find it hilarious that appearantly some minority thought it was a PvP game with PvE attached to the side

Deleted
    I do agree with him on a lot of stuff, perhaps not the arena as I prefer big battles, I wish they could make it more than 8v8 in warzones. And I hate the achievement whores when pugging stuff, but in general it all looks like it could work, even if some of it is inpractical, like revamping all the missions, yeah....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clattuc View Post
    You want more sandbox and less theme park? You're wrong. Nobody wants sand box. Theme park is the best way to do it. You'll get exciting new planetary content... more themeparks.
    If I missed sarcasm, sorry, english is my 4th language; but I think most people who ever played sand box prefer it vastly to the everquest/WoW model. The problem is, the people who started with Ultima Online or Asheron's Call are often in their 30s now and don't have the amount of time to invest like they did 10+ years ago and the sandbox games left from those days are in a terrible state today, both technically and when it comes to CoC enforcement.

I would like to see some integration for Vent/Teamspeak/Mumble.

Get put into an Op, Warzone, Flashpoint group. Someone in party throws an item link. The link automatically opens up Vent, Mumble, or Teamspeak with no need to type any server/user name information.

I suppose there could be some potential security issues with this idea.

Free to play model will improve it a bit. They have to save their game right now not after half-year when everything will be dead. In that case overhauling game is not a smart move.