Deleted

Do you think that cata items for stats enhancement are going to sell more on 5.0.1?

Currently the assumption was that 5.0.1 would be "oh who cares, the pandas are coming" but now I wonder if that would bring a renewed interest in the game in general and see some increase in cata items as well.

what happened to wrath items when cata hit? I think demand will be limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends. For example; 22 Agility to Back (LK) and 20 Agility to Gloves (LK) are still used quite a lot.

Deleted
    I meant during transition.

I imagine a plethora of various enhancements are going to have a higher demand. I, personally, would invest in a bunch of "basic" scrolls and enchants to enhance some leveling gear. Maybe get some spare gems and such. I'm not going to put power torrent on every item with 10 more int on it, for instance. If I remember correctly from 4.0 to Cata's lunch there was a brief increases in prices back to "normal" after the steady decline in prices after ICC had been out for so long. After the initial fanaticism with 5.0 hits, a max of 2 weeks I would say - the prices on almost all items are going to plummet.

I would personally purge yourself of any "value retaining cata item" within the first two weeks of 5.0.

Stock up on mats for Wind walk, Power Torrent, Land Slide, enchant shield mastery, and 130 Agility because when 5.0 lands and the pre-xpac events start the rewards are all Ilvl 420 weapons and tank shield. Here is a list of them http://mop.wowhead.com/items?filter=...rl=85;maxrl=85

You can add the engineering scopes to that list as well.

I wouldn't count too much on selling other enchants for people to put on levelling gear. I doubt anyone but the people going for server/world first would be interested in such small benefits for stuff that's going to be replaced again later. Levelling gear generally lacks gems, so I definately wouldn't stock up on those.

I'm personally just slowly selling off my stocks at this point (mostly volatiles and cloth).