Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling Cooking On A Character

How do you guys do it? Normally I just buy whatever is needed from the AH and boom. Job done.

Currently my servers been on the decline and I'm finding it really hard to keep this up but I don't really know what to do. Do I really need to get my butt out and level up cooking? Can anyone think of another way that might be quicker?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It's not too bad really. Sure it takes some time but the materials are often quite easy/cheap to get and can often be gained from fishing. And if your cooking is below 300 using the errrrrr Pilgrim Fest can really boost it in a matter of seconds really.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Yeah, I've been trying to do it through the AH (really want cooking, have around 100k gold and I'm lazy) but I'm finding that to be difficult. I think I might pick it up and do it alongside fishing just to get the grind out of the way on both...

http://www.elsanglin.com/fishing_and_cooking_horde.html

Seems to be a great guide (change horde to alliance as needed).
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    quicker ? How lazy must you be to complain about that......It's not 2005 anymore...If you have an 85...Farming for cooking to patch what you can't get at the ah means roughly 4 hours of farming...Big freakin' deal...........

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can put it off a bit I suggest waiting for the Thanksgiving festival...it basically spoonfeeds 1-300 (and who knows- the next one might go even higher) cooking skill.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    If you can put it off a bit I suggest waiting for the Thanksgiving festival...it basically spoonfeeds 1-300 (and who knows- the next one might go even higher) cooking skill.
    Exactly. Get cooking as high as you can on all of your alts on this holiday. Or.. You can just google "Cooking and Fishing leveling guide 1-525" It'll give you guides on leveling cooking and fishing together.

http://www.almostgaming.com/wowguide...-cooking-guide <---

Quote Originally Posted by I Change My Name View Post
    How do you guys do it? Normally I just buy whatever is needed from the AH and boom. Job done.

Currently my servers been on the decline and I'm finding it really hard to keep this up but I don't really know what to do. Do I really need to get my butt out and level up cooking? Can anyone think of another way that might be quicker?
    Unless you REALLY need cooking NOW, I would suggest just waiting until the Thanksgiving event which gives you 430 cooking (possibly higher this time since we'll have a higher cooking cap by the time it rolls around again) for "free".
    ಠ_ಠ

Unless they change it, the trainer in Halfhill (the place where all the cooking dailies are) can train you and sell you the mats to level cooking to 525

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    Unless they change it, the trainer in Halfhill (the place where all the cooking dailies are) can train you and sell you the mats to level cooking to 525
    Whoa, really? That's pretty sweet. Now if only they would do something similar for First-aid...
    ಠ_ಠ

I always wait til the Pilgrim's Bounty holiday, and then level cooking through Outland level on any toon that doesn't have it. I just don't have the patience to level it any other way.

For the Northerend through Cataclysm stuff, I usually farm my own mats. I'm pretty cheap.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing-guide.html is a great resource and they have guides for all professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Change My Name View Post

wait untill thanksgiving. it's practically free
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

As others have said, wait until Pilgrim's Bounty. The recipes have been updated to allow you to get to 425 with minimal expense, although you do have to kill a lot of turkeys.

As a side note, if you intend to level it, you should start doing dailies in Dalaran and Stormwind for the cooking awards. That will allow you to buy the recipes you need to get to max as soon as you want to, and you'll get a few levels for free.

Alternatively, you can do fishing/cooking together. There are enough fish recipes that this works out, but it will take a good chunk of time to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    This sounds like something they will be changing and is just implemented in beta so people who made premades, or pandas can level cooking fast and test the new content.

Waiting till Pilgrim's bounty may mean you have to put less time into it, but it will not be quicker as you will have to wait till November before you can even reach 525, much less 600 in mists.

Put a little time into it now and be ready for mists. If you are going to level cooking I'd advise doing fishing as well.

When I played wow I used to wait until Pilgrim's Bounty, and get all my raiding toons cooking up

ah is overpriced sometimes! i farmed a few meats on my toons

Deleted
    I did level cooking mostly through the ah, but if there was not enough to buy you could try to farm it with a higher lvl char, attleast thats what i did besides fishing. But fishing is a love/hate thing i presume. Love in my case

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo5d412 View Post
    ah is overpriced sometimes! i farmed a few meats on my toons
    mmmm bear flank

Thanks for the disucssions guys. I have indeed just have to go out and farm the mats which is annoying but fine. I wish I could wait till MoP but we still have no ETA.

I end up doing dailies while occasionally farming mats. I would suggest keeping some of the items from the daily ppl for mop