Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Viveras View Post
    I found a blue pack of Moon Clan Shamans while cruising through Act I Inferno the other day. They didn't have any affixes under their name. I thought I was gonna have a pretty bad time when I engaged them. Turns out something weird had happened, so they actually didn't have any affixes at all. They basically stood there and died.
    Yeah, I also found them. It doesn't show any affixes, but actually they have. I think on one of my farmings, they had Frozen+Nightmarish affixes, along with two others.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post

Stop insinuating everyone is a bad player that disagrees with you

Last edited by Darsithis; Yesterday at 11:52 PM.
    This is a stupid thing to say, Darsithis. Player skill is an inherent part of the topic at hand. And, beyond that, bringing it up has absolutely nothing to do with "disagreeing with me". If I said, "You run Act I for loot instead of Act III? Haha. You suck at the game." Then your comments would be warranted. The two parts do not tie. However, if one person can do something and another cannot, pointing out that there must be an imbalance in gear or skill is not insulting. It's the truth.

My point is valid. And you overreach.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Still no profile huh firecrest... Are you even in inferno yet so you understand what people are talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliell View Post
    Yeah, I also found them. It doesn't show any affixes, but actually they have. I think on one of my farmings, they had Frozen+Nightmarish affixes, along with two others.
    Indeed they have affixes. This is a bug Blizz is aware of. It's just that area (Northern Highlands) as far as I know, and only that type of mob. And it doesn't always happen, but seems to happen more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    As I recall, the CC duration stats is being changed (or has been) to instead reduce the chance of being affected. Either way, the problem isn't that stat. It's mobs with the capability to spam their abilities. I've been chain feared all too many times, and with Horde, you can just sit there. Same with Knockback. Their chance of hitting those abilities is too high.
    It was changed for snare and other similar effects that were essentially permanent. They reduced the effect instead of reducing the time it was active, since reducing the duration was irrelevant when its instantly reapplied. They didn't make changes to fear or frozen afaik.

I'm again not arguing that these can't be incredibly hard or even cheesy affix combos, simply that they are not unbeatable. There are solutions to beating them. People might not like dropping NV for example, but it is still a solution even if they choose not to use it.

I don't think these combos need to be nerfed, but that's just me. If the community feels something is op then blizzard will likely nerf it, as they did with invulnerable minions. It's part of the evolution of the game. I'm simply voicing my opinions like others are (even though they are contradictory to the majority).

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    I'm again not arguing that these can't be incredibly hard or even cheesy affix combos, simply that they are not unbeatable. There are solutions to beating them. People might not like dropping NV for example, but it is still a solution even if they choose not to use it.
    Nothing will save you as far as I'm aware against a 9 mob fast melee nightmareish pack, hell I struggle against 3 with what I would call decent to good gear. Once engaged you have about 1 second before they start fearing you and after that it's over, unless you play a class that has some immunity, something not all classes have.

Actually you missed a very important point there - what you list makes an elite hard - what makes them impossible is adding the invulnarable minions... good times.

Shielding-Fire Chains-Vortex- Arcane group of 4 fast moving dog thingies in Act 3 up in the damn bastions, stupid tight place.

As a melee barb tank. IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL THEM.

I just quit the game once they actually enraged. (And healed full on me like a dozen times. I managed to kill 1 as I managed to separate it from the rest, but the others...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Actually you missed a very important point there - what you list makes an elite hard - what makes them impossible is adding the invulnarable minions... good times.
    i love when i find those in late night public act 3 , tip: when you're an immortal freeze wizz, you stop looking what affixes packs have :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Nothing will save you as far as I'm aware against a 9 mob fast melee nightmareish pack, hell I struggle against 3 with what I would call decent to good gear. Once engaged you have about 1 second before they start fearing you and after that it's over, unless you play a class that has some immunity, something not all classes have.
    You actually get at least 10+ seconds between when you engage a pack and when it will start using its activated abilities.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

You actually get at least 10+ seconds between when you engage a pack and when it will start using its activated abilities.
    Nope, fast Accursed mobs are on you in a second and I melt most things in less than 10 seconds, yet I struggle with just those that have nightmareish for the very reason that they start chain fearing you just as they reach you.

I can't speak to Fast/Horde/Nightmare (I really really doubt that Fast makes them cast sooner, but I'll look next time I see the affix) but I actually hit Horde/Nightmare/Arcane last night and I have to tell you, it was not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. It was definitely a challenge - but in a good way. I do pure DPS Act III farming and I run into very little that isn't basically tank and spank, so the change was refreshing. I had to kite a lot (Nightmare did a lot of the running for me - lol) and I even died once. It took maybe 5 minutes total and a third of that was run back time. I had two of them down before the first round of abilites and just spent the rest of the time kiting and killing one at a time.

Besides the possibilities of you overexagerating or being in an act that's too hard for you, the only thing I can think of is that it might be a class thing. I still hold that no affix combo is impossible but the squishy aspect of most ranged classes could make some combos really really hard.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Besides the possibilities of you overexagerating or being in an act that's too hard for you, the only thing I can think of is that it might be a class thing. I still hold that no affix combo is impossible but the squishy aspect of most ranged classes could make some combos really really hard.
    Some abilities like nightmareish and knockback triggers on hit, fast melee mobs hit you as soon as they reach you, while you might be able to beat the pack I'm referring to as impossible if you line up perfectly with a 2-300k DPS wizard and pop archon to melt them in the second or so it takes for them to reach you, it just isn't what I would call viable nor realistic as we don't play the game in a vacuum where you could make use of your character like that.

And no I'm not exaggerating, nor do I have issues farming anything, I have both posted my profile and stated several times that I cleared the game pre nerfs, and if we are to nitpick I can give you an elite pack that is impossible unless you can somehow deal over 600k DPS, Deranged Fallen elite packs, GL killing them, just sayin'

phasebeasts with vortex/extra health/shielding/fire chains

final boss of D3 pre 1.0.4 confirmed