This is what I want to be able to do with my new computer: smooth gameplay at ultra in 1440p - all games, quiet system, cool system with OC potential.
- Asus SABERTOOTH Z77
- 2x G.Skill 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz Ripjaws X Performance
- Intel Core i7 3770K 3,5Ghz (Ivy Bridge)
- 2x (RAID 0) Plextor SSD M3 Pro 128GB
- Corsair Cooling Hydro H100
- EVGA GeForce GTX 690 4096MB
- Noctua NF-F12-PWM
- Auzentech X-Fi Forte7.1, Low Profile
- Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard
- Cooler Master HAF X Svart
- Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W 80+ Gold Modular
- LG CH10LS28 Blu-Ray & DVD
I've based this build on reviews, and benchmarks. I'm planning to let the company put those Noctuas instead of the stock fans in the Corsair H100. Another thing I've thought to add is double SSD's in raid 0.
I want to PC to be able to handle games in some years too, and I might buy another GTX 690 later for quad SLI. I think the i7 is being utilized by some CPU heavy games as well. Thats why Im thinking about buying an i7.
For the PSU, I might upgrade the system in some years with another GPU for quad SLI. The 670's in SLI can't handle all games smoothly at ultra in 1440p, so it's not an option. I've looked into 3-way SLI with 670's, or perhaps 2-way SLI with 680's. But I think that the 690 GTX is the best option, which will take less space in the PC and produce less heat, at the same performance.
I can easily make out a difference between a stock sound card and a better one. X-fi is known to be used for gaming and multimedia, because of it's quality.
You advice, thoughts, comments about the build are very appriciated!