Cross-server zones in MoP - RP rules or not?

Anyone heard anything official about what happens when Normal ruleset people are in the same cross-server zone with RP server players, as well as PVP and RP-PVP people?

I'm guessing it'll be the same as the current BG setup where RP server players just have to deal with people named "Turdburglar" and "Fläshmööggåt".

Meh. And here I was thinking about coming back with the whole new world focus and dismounting-flying enemies item... but ugh, to heck with dealing with non-RP server people out in the world.

Edit: NEVERMIND. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4903181008

For the live realms we will be matching realm types: PvP with PvP, PvE with PvE, RP-PvP with RP-PvP, and RP-PvE with RP-PvE. As always, we plan to keep an eye on constructive feedback while in testing of this new technology.

10+ Year Old Account
    might want to PM a mod and have them close down the thread, just to reduce spam and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    might want to PM a mod and have them close down the thread, just to reduce spam and so on
    If spammers come, they can be deleted. There's no reason to close a thread simply because its original topic has been answered if there's still a possibility for discussing the overarching topic in some other fashion.

I don't RP at all, but I definitely think it would be a bad idea to force RPers and non-Rpers to play in those zones together. I could see both sides getting really annoyed with each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    If spammers come, they can be deleted. There's no reason to close a thread simply because its original topic has been answered if there's still a possibility for discussing the overarching topic in some other fashion.
    well, i just dont see a point in keeping it open when the topic has been answered.. ohh well, you're the mod

RP-Pvp realms ..Bad...They are dead anyways so putthing toggether wont do anything T.T theres like a total of what..3 RP-PvP realms???

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    RP-Pvp realms ..Bad...They are dead anyways so putthing toggether wont do anything T.T theres like a total of what..3 RP-PvP realms???
    That's hardly a basis for an argument. Just because fewer people enjoy another way to play the game, does not validate shoehorning them into a playstyle they don't like. I remember the outrage on MoP beta servers when PvEers were forced to PvP in the cross realm zones. So that's why I would guess Blizz took the way of only matching equal server types. And I'm pretty sure the RP-PvP players are used to low populations, and would still prefer those to non RP merges.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question that I have not been able to find an answer for on the official forums.

I play on the only RP server on the east coast of the US, Steamwheedle Cartel. It's a quiet (some say dead) realm with very little RP unless city raids are going on, then people rather hilariously begin /yelling and organizing retaliatory raids in RP-speak. Anyway, given that the rest of the RP realms are out west, I am wondering how they are going to work this with us. Are they still going to match us up with other RP servers regardless of the time differential?

I for one hope that they do - a lot of the old RP folks are still around on SWC, and if you pop in the realm forum you see the occasional nostalgic thread pop up. I think server merging with some of the more active RP realms out west might give RP on SWC a little kick in the seat, get it back going again. And I'd like to be able to try some open RP there without feeling self-conscious.

But if they're going to look at the time difference and just lump us in with normal PvE realms, I'm gonna be sad.

Blizzard stated they will only match appropriate realm types, so most likely you guys will get in with other RP-PvE Servers, from the same region, so US I would think. On topic realm merges, Blizzard announces those ahead of time and usually offers realm transfers iirc. However with RP realms, I think they came to accept a rather low populations since there are few to merge to begin with.

Deleted
    I recall reading a post where realms will be matched based on type.

RP to RP
    RPPVP to RPPVP
    PvP to PvP
    PvE to PvE

So unless one RP server is filled with non-RPers (Like The Venture Co was back before it was empty and back when people thought it was a regular PvP realm) I doubt we'll see many non-RPers.

RP and PvP realms WILL be left out of cross-server zones.