I need help understanding how resistances works.

I been told I need to not worry about trying getting all the "resistances to all" gears. Because I'm losing vit, dex, int and str on my warrior. Other words I'm doing this all wrong as I been told. Sitting there getting "resistances to all" gears.

Also what is the resistances cap? This is driving me crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're playing a Barbarian... you WILL need All Resist on your gear. You will not make it very far into Inferno if you don't grab it. My Barb currently has 1150 All Resist.

10+ Year Old Account
    You 100% need Resist All on your gear, and you run Impunity with War Cry for a full 50% increase in all resistances. You have to have this to survive in Inferno. I'd aim for at least 1k with War Cry (provided you're good at keeping it up).

Point for point, INT is very sub-par to ANY resistance. Any. You need 10 int for what? .1 point of resist? No, ignore int.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 Int = 1 Resistance, just for the record :P

I guest I'm doing OK then. Still looking for better ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    10 Int = 1 Resistance, just for the record :P
    Even so, to get anything worthwhile at that conversion, you'd need an item with 300 - 400 int on it. The stat budget for that would push off other useful things like strength, life on hit, vitality, and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Even so, to get anything worthwhile at that conversion, you'd need an item with 300 - 400 int on it. The stat budget for that would push off other useful things like strength, life on hit, vitality, and so on.
    I thought there wasn't any set statbudget for the whole item, just max rolls per affix? So in that case it wouldn't really "push" anything out.

This is diablo 3 not wow, there is no stat budget for items. Hence why an item 63 can be really crappy or godly. If 1 affix is godly or crappy it doesn't affect any other affix as it would in wow due to stat budgets.

Armor and All Resistances is needed to be quite heavily stacked to survive in Inferno, yes.

Stats good for a Barbarian: Armor, All Res, Strength, Crit, Crit Damage, Attack speed, Life on hit, Life Regeneration.

The other stats are pretty much inferior. (I might have forgotten some stat. Remind me if I have.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necronium View Post
    Armor and All Resistances is needed to be quite heavily stacked to survive in Inferno, yes.

Stats good for a Barbarian: Armor, All Res, Strength, Crit, Crit Damage, Attack speed, Life on hit, Life Regeneration.

The other stats are pretty much inferior. (I might have forgotten some stat. Remind me if I have.)
    No that's correct actually in terms of a DPS barb anyway, Obviously the tank version is All res, Life on hit, IAS and so on

Just throwing this out there, but there is no cap for all resist. It works just like armor. Never caps, just gets stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Tank Barb: I usually look at All Resist, Life on Hit and Strength. Once you get your resist to around 1k+, then you can start being fidgety about Strength on items. I just recently spent about 55mill just to get my strength up to 1400+ (my vitality is 1480 with 61% Health Increase).

My God. I don't even get around that much gold. =/