Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Amazing i7 2600k deal or.........?

Looking to get a new PC for Mists of Panderen. Dont want to spend too much money.

Is this a good deal, or am i missing something that makes it a bad deal?

To me, this seems the best deal i've ever seen.

www . ebay.co.uk/itm/Compsol-Computer-i7-2600k-8GB-DDR3-GTX-550Ti-500GB-WIFI-Asus-Motherboard-DVD-PC-/140784445621?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item20c76828b5

Never seen any deal like this before. Why is it so cheap?

Basically it is the specs you can see in the link (if you cant be bothered to delete the 2 spaces), for £499.99 all inclusive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by newpc12345 View Post
    Looking to get a new PC for Mists of Panderen. Dont want to spend too much money.

Is this a good deal, or am i missing something that makes it a bad deal?

To me, this seems the best deal i've ever seen.

www . ebay.co.uk/itm/Compsol-Computer-i7-2600k-8GB-DDR3-GTX-550Ti-500GB-WIFI-Asus-Motherboard-DVD-PC-/140784445621?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item20c76828b5

Never seen any deal like this before. Why is it so cheap?

Basically it is the specs you can see in the link (if you cant be bothered to delete the 2 spaces), for £499.99 all inclusive.
    You won't need anything that powerful to play MoP, soon mobiles will be able to run wow very easily.

Although the processor is decent the rest of the machine is probably low end, 550ti's are very cheap now although not a bad card.

It is a good deal though.

No OS (Windows), GPU and CPU that will go out of stock soon.
    Very capable otherwise, speccs-wise. GPU is a tad weak, but it's a great price.

Deleted
    Unless you're editing video's, you won't need the 2600k.

The 550ti isn't a great card either to be honest.

If you don't mind building something yourself, you could get a 2500k ( cheaper CPU ) and a better graphics card for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Unless you're editing video's, you won't need the 2600k.

The 550ti isn't a great card to be honest.

If you don't mind building something yourself, you could get a 2500k ( cheaper CPU ) and a better graphics card.
    For that price? You really think so? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    For that price? You really think so? :P
    Well 500 pounds is around 630 euros, and here in the Netherlands I could build a PC with a 2500(k) and a 560ti or a 7850 with that ( well, maybe a bit above ) budget.

With a cheap case and PSU that is

Well 500 pounds is around 630 euros, and here in the Netherlands I could build a PC with a 2500(k) and a 560ti or a 7850 with that ( well, maybe a bit above ) budget.

~200€ i5-2500k
    ~100€ z68/z77 motherboard
    ~200€ gtx560ti
    ~40€ 8GB RAM
    ~70€ HDD
    ~20€ DVD
    ~40€ case
    ~60€ PSU
    -----------
    ~750€

£499 for that setup OP linked is very good price, as long as you understand the two important limitations:
    1) graphics card is ok for WoW, but shit for BF3, Skyrim etc...
    2) there's no Windows or any other software included in the price
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

With a cheap case and PSU
    I would just point out that the psu is probably the ONE thing you shouldn't skimp on, since a shoddy one can end up frying your more expensive components.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagscorpion View Post
    I would just point out that the psu is probably the ONE thing you shouldn't skimp on, since a shoddy one can end up frying your more expensive components.
    While this is true, there are cheap PSUs out there that are perfectly fine. If one is on a budget, paying $30-40 can still yield a good PSU.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help guys.

I decided to spend a little more and get this one instead -

www . ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Gaming-Computer-i7-2600k-8GB-DDR3-GTX-560Ti-500GB-WIFI-Asus-PC-1-Yr-Warranty-/130722334016?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item1e6fa88540

Same as the original spec, but it comes with a gtx 560ti instead of the gtx 550ti.

Total price was £599.00.

I've been led to believe the gtx 560ti is alot better than the gtx 550ti????

Still an incredible price imho !!!!!

The money doesn't follow the exhange rate of typical currency when speaking about components. It's a good deal, but not an unique.

The GTX560ti is a fair bit better yes. The price is pretty good but the case looks like it was designed 10 years ago, the motherboard will not support any kind of overclocking and you have no idea what kind of power supply it comes with.

[QUOTE=vesseblah;17486739]

1) graphics card is ok for WoW, but shit for BF3, Skyrim etc...
    QUOTE]

While i do agree the 550ti is far away from being the best card out there, this statmenent that it's utter shit for skyrim is completely false.
    I run a i5 e750, 4gb of ram and a 550ti, yet run skyrim on ultra without any problem

10+ Year Old Account
    I get i7-2600k's for 120 and i7-3960k's for 480... gotta love being an intel employee!
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Elggur View Post
    While i do agree the 550ti is far away from being the best card out there, this statmenent that it's utter shit for skyrim is completely false.
    I run a i5 e750, 4gb of ram and a 550ti, yet run skyrim on ultra without any problem
    According to this http://www.techspot.com/review/467-s...nce/page6.html the 550ti has an average framerate of 30 when it comes to Skyrim at 1920x1200. That is way below what PC enthusiast consider good for gaming.

Deleted
    I wouldn't go for a 550Ti nowdays. You can find the 6850 for a very very good price. Also an i5 combo is much more cost efficient. You won't need i7 really. Even i3 is good enough for 99% of the games.

Also there are cheap PSUs BUT you need to check their reviews online. For example I use Corsair in both of my pcs because they are cheap but good. However it depends on the power. For example if you search around, you ll find many very good PSU guides.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    The GTX560ti is a fair bit better yes. The price is pretty good but the case looks like it was designed 10 years ago, the motherboard will not support any kind of overclocking and you have no idea what kind of power supply it comes with.
    The motherboard is revision 3.

ASUS P8H61-MLE USB3

According to all reviews and user comments, this motherboard allows full overlocking of the unlocked i7 2600k.

Can anyone confirm / deny?

The motherboard is revision 3.

ASUS P8H61-MLE USB3

According to all reviews and user comments, this motherboard allows full overlocking of the unlocked i7 2600k.

Can anyone confirm / deny?
    Rev3 only has to do with the SATA controller issues these boards had at release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155 h61 only supports GPU overclocking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Rev3 only has to do with the SATA controller issues these boards had at release.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155 h61 only supports GPU overclocking.
    That chart is wrong for the revision 3.

Rev 3 has USB 3.0 ports and the chart says it doesnt.

I'm not fussed if it allows cpu overclocking or not, but reviews / official website seems to suggest that it does allow it.

Ill soon find out in a few days anyway, as long as it play MOP fine i dont care, thats pretty much the only thing ill be using the machine for hehe

That chart is wrong for the revision 3.

Rev 3 has USB 3.0 ports and the chart says it doesnt.

I'm not fussed if it allows cpu overclocking or not, but reviews / official website seems to suggest that it does allow it.

Ill soon find out in a few days anyway, as long as it play MOP fine i dont care, thats pretty much the only thing ill be using the machine for hehe
    The USB 3 ports are most likely from an external chip. It also lacks SATA 3.