Deleted

Npcscan not working!

Hey there.

I'm currently doing the Frostbitten achievement and so I deleted my cache because I wanted to be able to find the ones that were already in that folder. When I logged back into WoW nothing had changed, EVERYTHING was still cached (even the ones from my Bloody Rare achievement). This means that I can't find Loque'nahak and some others that were found by npcscan but were dead already. I've tried reinstalling npcscan, I've also tried deleting the cache folder yet again but still nothing.

I built a new computer around a week ago and I've been using the same hard disk that was in my old one. I did a reinstallation of windows and moved my WoW folder from windows.old (the folder you get automatically that has everything old in it) to the new space. Could this be why my cache folder is being crazy? If so, is there a way to "fix" it?

Thanks!

You might have to check if your Wow installation is using the virtual store:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

more info on this subject:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2226266248

Quote Originally Posted by Iolzor View Post
    Hey there.

I'm currently doing the Frostbitten achievement and so I deleted my cache because I wanted to be able to find the ones that were already in that folder. When I logged back into WoW nothing had changed, EVERYTHING was still cached (even the ones from my Bloody Rare achievement). This means that I can't find Loque'nahak and some others that were found by npcscan but were dead already. I've tried reinstalling npcscan, I've also tried deleting the cache folder yet again but still nothing.

I built a new computer around a week ago and I've been using the same hard disk that was in my old one. I did a reinstallation of windows and moved my WoW folder from windows.old (the folder you get automatically that has everything old in it) to the new space. Could this be why my cache folder is being crazy? If so, is there a way to "fix" it?

Thanks!
    Make sure you close wow first before you start deleting things. Then right click on the shortcut with which you start wow. Note the file path it's telling you. Follow that path to the wow folder (to make sure you're using the right one). Find //World of Warcraft/Cache/WDB/enUS/creaturecache.wdb and delete it. Start wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscassey View Post
    You might have to check if your Wow installation is using the virtual store:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

more info on this subject:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2226266248

Thanks for the reply. I got as far as <username>, I had no folder called AppData. However when I searched for it on my start menu it showed up at Computer\C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData (had no virtualstore in it) and went on to \Microsoft\Windows\Caches.

I checked your link and did as the GM wrote, yet nothing happened

You won't see the virtualstore folder unless you have show hidden files and folders turned on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    Make sure you close wow first before you start deleting things. Then right click on the shortcut with which you start wow. Note the file path it's telling you. Follow that path to the wow folder (to make sure you're using the right one). Find //World of Warcraft/Cache/WDB/enUS/creaturecache.wdb and delete it. Start wow.

Thanks for the reply! I would have done as you said but the problem is that I've already deleted my cache folder, there's nothing there! With this being done, it still doesn't want to remove the cache in-game.

When I got my cache to clear in game I deleted 3 caches

-CLOSE COMPLETELY OUT OF WoW
    -Delete the first Cache folder after you open your WoW file
    -Open the Data folder and delete that Cache folder
    -Then I went into my WTF and opened the Account folder, find the account you want NPC Scan to clear on (I have a few accounts from R.A.F. leveling), Open the folder for your account and delete the cache.md5 file (DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING ELSE THAT SAYS CACHE!)

Hope this works for you
    l SIGNATURES: CLOSED l WALLPAPERS: CLOSED l

l DEVIANT ART l READ 1st POST l MY TUTORIAL l TUMBLR l

This is how I start Wow:
    del /f Cache\WDB\enUS\creaturecache.wdb
    call launcher.exe

Deleted
    Wooh! Finally works, just as you guys said I enabled hidden folders and there it was hiding! thanks for the help all of you