Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Blizzard looking for D3 Community Manager

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=120007Q

Not surprising if it's true, kinda turned into the same situation Tseric found himself in after a while.

Not sure if he lost his spot completely, but it definitely looks like they're replacing him on the D3 front.

EDIT: Due to the lack of people actually reading the job description, please do so. It's rather clear that this is a single role leadership position, of which Bashiok currently holds.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-07-09 at 04:37 PM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    So in your opinion a big company can't have more than 1 community manager?

EDIT: just so I won't be misquoted or misunderstood, the OP originally made a thread with the headline "Bashiok fired" or something, hence my comment.
    Last edited by mmocf0c1a2ac32; 2012-07-10 at 08:43 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... why isn't it possible to be multiple CM's? OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe that's because they'd like him to focus on WoW? My goodness the way people will stretch the tiniest shred of "evidence." You sound like one of the news media outlets.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Oh well, shame......

Guy is awful, hes insulting to the community, fippant and demeaning in his posts.

Now if they could just get rid of GC, maybe bliz can get back on track.

Probably not true though. but we can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Oh well, shame......

Guy is awful, hes insulting to the community, fippant and demeaning in his posts.

Now if they could just get rid of GC, maybe bliz can get back on track.

Probably not true though. but we can hope.
    Honestly, this guy was such a condescending jerk. I hope he got "let go" and not just put on another project.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=120007Q

Not surprising if it's true, kinda turned into the same situation Tseric found himself in after a while.

Tseric was very very different than Bashiok. One literally blew up on the forum against everybody, the other people think is just being mean. =P

Deleted
    I actually like Bashiok, I don't find him condescending to anyone that should be taken seriously.

Deleted
    He's still community manager. Same with Zarhym, they are looking for an additional one for the upcoming expansion, big difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I actually like Bashiok, I don't find him condescending to anyone that should be taken seriously.
    This a thousand times.

Please contribute. Don't post "this" posts
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-07-09 at 06:31 PM.

Oh well, shame......

That's why I like him lol. Very rarely does the community deserve much better considering how badly most posters behave.

He stomps on the dreams of people who want a hardcore warcraft for the 1% and those who feel their opinion is so important the entire game should be moulded around it. No wonder some people hate him :P

I have no issue with him. Also, even if he was going... this may come as a shock... but sometimes people leave their jobs voluntarily guys. Why jump to the conclusion of a sacking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww what a shame. I loved the fact that he would make some people feel butthurt. haha.

aren't you grateful?

I love Bashiok, he puts retards and morons in their places. He is quite humourous.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Like him as well. With all the whining that's going on on the official forums it's nice to see someone putting people straight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    That's why I like him lol. Very rarely does the community deserve much better considering how badly most posters behave.
    um, whether you agree with them or not, they are Blizzard customers.

I'm not saying that a CM should not disagree, but they should be polite and professional, not act like a complete jerk.

You post a link to an application for a community manager position and assume Bashiok got fired? Come on man, really?

Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    He's still community manager. Same with Zarhym, they are looking for an additional one for the upcoming expansion, big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    So in your opinion a big company can't have more than 1 community manager?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    So... why isn't it possible to be multiple CM's? OP
    If you read the job description, or followed their CM structure, you would know there's only one designated head CM per game.

This role will lead the editorial direction of content to be published through the Diablo III blogs, forums and social media outlets, and will oversee the design and execution of all of Blizzard Entertainment’s community engagement programs for the franchise. This position will also directly manage our relationship with our North American community partners, such as fan sites, external forums, and social media destinations for our brands, as well as volunteer networks. The Diablo III community manager will work in close partnership with the senior manager, global community and eSports to interface with our global offices, streamline content pipelines and localization processes, and develop our community engagement plans globally.
    Clearly a single role position.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

um, whether you agree with them or not, they are Blizzard customers.

I'm not saying that a CM should not disagree, but they should be polite and professional, not act like a complete jerk.
    Yeah, not every customer deserves being treated politely. FYI from the world of retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.