Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    I'm sure it's been discussed over the 10 pages ITT; however, can someone educate me as to HOW exactly to "Play the Auction House?" It seems as tho THAT is what makes gold these days, not the efforts of dailies/farming.
    Pick your profession, stick to that

go farm a bunch of shit, figure out what people are willing to spend, put all of it on the ah, use appraiser to start.... after you've got some cash you can start buying out under cutters instead of waiting for other players to buy them out, then resell them. learn peak hours for your server, all that.. once you get good you can expand and buyout undercuttters in other stuffs and resell at a higher price.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Average gold? If you are talking about all level 85 players, i expect more than half would have less than 1K.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

go farm a bunch of shit, figure out what people are willing to spend, put all of it on the ah, use appraiser to start.... after you've got some cash you can start buying out under cutters instead of waiting for other players to buy them out, then resell them. learn peak hours for your server, all that.. once you get good you can expand and buyout undercuttters in other stuffs and resell at a higher price.
    Makes sense!! Many thanks, kind sir.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was making a killing buying ore from botters. When all the bots went down, my income did too. I went from around 300k total on all my chars to...sheesh, I think last I checked I was sitting around 1.9k on both of my accounts combined lol.

I've gotten out of the gold-making for this expansion. When MoP hits, I should be rolling in the cash. Been stockpiling a lot of mats that people will need for PL'ing their monk's professions. We'll see how that works.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2012-07-10 at 06:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I started back up from scratch back in Feb and I have 40k. That is including leveling profession, artisan riding, and gemming/enchanting/reforging to raid. If I wasn't concerned about leveling professions and just selling mats, I would have much more. Plus, I don't run dailies nor play the AH. I have still yet to get the 5-day in row daily achievement.

I don't know how anyone who has been established in this game for years is sitting under 100k.
    Last edited by Antiderivative; 2012-07-10 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

The big players usually have a stable of crafting alts. I myself have 3x alchemists (all 3 specs, and 3x transmute cds, a JC/Enchanter for easy ore shuffle, A Smith, A tailor, and a scribe. I am working on a leatherworker. There are lots of viable markets. Gems and Raid Consumables sell well on tuesday. Bags sell pretty good all week. Fortune cards = big bang. It costs me on average about 40g for 2 stacks of whiptail, and then I can make a stack of cards with that, or a stack of fortune cookie which sells for over 120g
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

The AVERAGE player is probably not on these forums, probably doesn't farm the AH and most likely barely even raids/PvP's. THOSE players most likely average out around 5-10k g.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    i have about 180k, i dont "play" the auction house, i just use my professions and whatever i can make, i sell. I havent done dailies since the molten front, and i never even finished those bc they were annoying and drawn out.

Stood in the Fire UnstoppableErasor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    most I ever owned was about 8k, usually spend my money on flying.

On my main server I have something around 300k, I don't really look how much stuff are sold,

But on my other server, I have 2 toons, and JC shuffling is crap, I make my cash with my mining/herbing toon, and I wish I could touch my 300k on this server because you don't do alot with 5k

currently at 32k, but hoping to get 40k until MoP

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I was making a killing buying ore from botters. When all the bots went down, my income did too. I went from around 300k total on all my chars to...sheesh, I think last I checked I was sitting around 1.9k on both of my accounts combined lol.

I've gotten out of the gold-making for this expansion. When MoP hits, I should be rolling in the cash. Been stockpiling a lot of mats that people will need for PL'ing their monk's professions. We'll see how that works.
    Pretty much the same for me I was running the glyph marking floating on what seemed to be mostly massive amounts of botted herbs - every now and then there would be one selling insane amounts of stacks and I would spend an afternoon turning them into glyphs and making tens of thousands of gold the next week or two. I had saved up 300k gold for the legendary staff which turned out to be pointless. I then pretty much stopped getting gold and I'm down around 30k across my account - I always buy the best gems and enchants without bothering to get mats or have someone craft etc. so I guess I'm putting my money back into the economy that way :P

To me it seems that it's a sort of extremely simplified mini system of real world economics/jobs. The people that do the grunt work (gather herbs/ores etc.) get low fees but they can always do it and the income is pretty steady. Then there is the people who buy materials and make products - they make more money, but can easily risk loosing as well - and as real world it depends on your "craft". The big money can be made by playing market and with populations on servers low it's becoming increasingly easy to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat View Post
    How the hell do you get that kind of money?
    I just don't understand, I farm herbs on my druid almost daily and still sitting at 7k
    Very simple my friend.

1) Get a chinese friend
    2) Make him quit the game
    3) ??
    4) Profit

been floating at 200k ever since
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say 10K.

haha man in TBC I bought the annihlator holo gogs recipe for 20k gold.

I had about 80k combined on my two mages.

Deleted
    i suspect the average to be way higher than the median, which possibly is at about 20k. yes that low because there're plenty of people who simply can't manage their gold.

The most I've had at one point in time was 60k, spent it all on the Sandstone Drake (worst decision ever).. nowadays I hang around the 10-15k mark..

Deleted
    10-20k is most likely the average, like a lot of people have posted already.

Sitting at ~80k at the moment, slowly getting some more, since I am running BC and WOTLK instances for rep and doing 25dailies a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    20-50k I'd say. I've made a lot of gold this expac due to sell runs for the Rag HC mount xD

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess would be around 10-15k.

Sitting on 100k myself aswell as one of my friends but the most people I know are usually around 30k.
    But there are loads of players that don't play the AH or do farming and just make enough to get by.

I never used to have much gold during vanilla/tbc and kept an avg of 10k during WotLK (which was quite some money for me). At Cata I stayed at 20-25k and before I took a break I got it up to 100k just so I would sit secure during MOP ^_^