Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kingston,London, England
    Posts
    16,543
    you still cant resell the wow account, as the account belongs to blizzard and not the user if i remember rightly. in blizzards EULA/TOS it states the account belongs to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by endus View Post
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You are assuming Cybran actually reads the articles he links.
    I suspect he is actually some Soviet algorithm gone rogue, transmitting from some forgotten bunker, responding to keywords by googling them and adding "+bad" to the search query, and then just copy/pasting anything it comes across.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Yes, they can. Blizzard can ban you at any time for any reason.
    No, they can't.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    No, they can't.
    Yeah, they can, but that's a moot point that's part of the terms of use(which are completely separate to the EULA)

    The EU ruling only means that Blizzard has to allow you to sell your licence keys on for re-use. There was not a single part of the ruling that even slightly hinted that you would be able to sell entire game accounts, characters and all, because the EULA does not cover that.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    No, they can't.
    Guess you skipped the things you agree to when you load the game, then.

    I suggest you go back and look at them in detail. I'm right, you're wrong.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Guess you skipped the things you agree to when you load the game, then.

    I suggest you go back and look at them in detail. I'm right, you're wrong.
    Actually, Blizzard would get into a pretty hefty amount of trouble if they started banning people for reasons that did not line up with what was outlined to be unacceptable. If they decided to ban anyone who wore a piece of equipment that had a bit of green on it, for example, it wouldn't take long for various legal proceedings to go ahead for the sake of the consumers. If they banned someone for exploiting a bug, however, then Blizzard would almost certainly be able to go unchallenged.

    So his point remains intact, since there is no way Blizzard can go off and do as they please if it impacts negatively upon consumers who are genuinely innocent.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    Actually, Blizzard would get into a pretty hefty amount of trouble if they started banning people for reasons that did not line up with what was outlined to be unacceptable. If they decided to ban anyone who wore a piece of equipment that had a bit of green on it, for example, it wouldn't take long for various legal proceedings to go ahead for the sake of the consumers. If they banned someone for exploiting a bug, however, then Blizzard would almost certainly be able to go unchallenged.

    So his point remains intact, since there is no way Blizzard can go off and do as they please if it impacts negatively upon consumers who are genuinely innocent.
    So, instead of banning you for wearing green, they banned you because they "thought" you were involved in illegal activities.

  7. #27
    You can sell the account, Blizzard can ban the account. As said, at any time for any reason, Blizzard can ban you.

    ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •