Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Op & UP Releases!

Hey guys, just to take a walk down memory lane, what can you remember during your time in LoL of both OP&UP released champs that just made you either rage or cry! Come share your stories!

OP Releases from what i can remember will be Graves and Nocturne mostly. Those 2 just totally stomped the opposing team.

UP Releases will most likely be Hecarim? He's one of the few champs that upon released didn't have much people whining about.

Maybe you have similar views or could have been playing from the very start and seen more, share with us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Darius pre nerf before anyone knew how to counter him. Solo top was a living hell >.<

Deleted
    Release Yorick probably takes the crown for most underpowered champion

How do people find Darius op, i have soundly crushed each one in lane so far. The only time i "lost" a lane was when my tower went down as i shen ultied bot and got a triple kill, every other time, i doubled there cs and took there tower when i felt like it, maybe i just meet players i was way better then, but i loose top lane enough to know that beating me at my elo is not a hard thing for people to do lol.

The only "op" champion i can remember iraging at was ahri, such a good champion, ganking with her is even better then morg, so even if you beat her in lane she can go bot and stomp them.

Must up champion is probably that last ad one darius brother, half decent early game, but no late game to speak off, you know a champion is bad when his abilities can only be used right if you walk out of position lol. Overall one of the worst champions in game.(and most boring)

Yorick and Hecarim were probably the most UP champions at their release ever. I seemed to do just fine though, but that was mostly because nobody knew how to counter them and I caught up quite quickly on their play-styles.

Darius was clearly OP. I don't really get it how people can say he wasn't.. He's fine now though.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Must up champion is probably that last ad one darius brother, half decent early game, but no late game to speak off, you know a champion is bad when his abilities can only be used right if you walk out of position lol. Overall one of the worst champions in game.(and most boring)
    Completely wrong on the bolded part. You're not using his abilities right if you're moving out of position when you really shouldn't, or when you walk to a certain point to catch his axe while you really shouldn't.

He's an AD carry with a higher skill-cap than the usual ad carry, and that doesn't mean he's underpowered at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Inb4 Win Nao
    Release Vayne was just as ridiculous as Xin's. Miss Fortune on release was absurd too.

I also don't remember Nautilus getting much attention during his release compared to now when people found out that he's a CC monster.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-07-09 at 06:45 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Ugh, remember Vayne being so op. Also, wasnt Sejuani's slow nerfed the day after release? I was not home so i wouldnt know what happend during Sejuani patch.

OP releases: Nocturne (Still remember 1v2 bot at lvl 4 and ending up with 10+ kills all the time.) Xin (pre-nerf Xin...so much dmg.) REE SIN. Vayne (as mentioned.)

Up releases: Yorick, Cassiopeia, Hecarim.

OP releases: Nocturne. Jesus.
    UP releases: Sejuani, which I haven't seen on a game yet
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yorick was the most underpowered, I was relatively new and Yorick was the first champion that was released when I started playing and since then to now Yorick who also was the first 6300 champ I bought was so underpowered back then. They buffed him quite appropriately thankfully.
    Hey everyone

OP: Darius, Ahri, Vayne, Noctrune, Orianna, somehow Nauti the cc monster.
    UP: Sejuani, I still don't know how to do dmg on her or do anything besides some cc and just tank, booring. The same for Jayce...I know the idea of bruiser but other bruisers do much more dmg, especially Darius... Gangplank, Shyvana, Pantheon or even Trundle and Blitz, eh, sad.

xin zhao most op champ ever when he was released
    Thanks for that awesome signature i4ni

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ck/Ravy/simple

OP: Varus. It just seem like my teams didn't knew what to do against him; nearly lost every game. I know Darius was a lot worse, but I just remember lost after lost with this guy on the opposite team. Almost made it unplayable for me.

UP: Sejuani and Xerath. I know Sejuani is just...derp with hers but Xerath wasn't all that big either. He was here and there, but eventually just disappeared from most battles. I'm not sure why but I bet it has something to do with survivability.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Quote Originally Posted by Renwin View Post
    UP: Sejuani and Xerath. I know Sejuani is just...derp with hers but Xerath wasn't all that big either. He was here and there, but eventually just disappeared from most battles. I'm not sure why but I bet it has something to do with survivability.
    Some champions require unique mindset to play them because of their style and role. Xerath is a long-range artillery, very powerfull in proper hands, aquiring almost 100% penetration, wreaking havoc and easily doing penta kills in groupfights. During my 1 year lol adventure, I've seen only 3 pro xeraths of which 2 are me and my brother :P
    The same goes for Kassadin or Malzahar, not many pro players on them while those champions in proper hands are monsters.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-07-09 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Some champions require unique mindset to play them because of their style and role. Xerath is a long-range artillery, very powerfull in proper hands, aquiring almost 100% penetration, wreaking havoc and easily doing penta kills in groupfights. During my 1 year lol adventure, I've seen only 3 pro xeraths of witch 2 are me and my brother :P
    The same goes for Kassadin or Malzahar, not many pro players on them while those champions in proper hands are monsters.
    By the sound of that, I guess that would make sense. I tried Xerath on a free week and it felt like I can do more with him. Sadly, I was busy leveling to level 30 at the time, so not enough time to practice on him or know his gameplay.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

I wasn't around during Tryndamere's release, but i saw his patch notes and his ulti used to last for 8s or something. Could quite possibly have been OP upon release too, any vet here played during his release?

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Yorick was the most underpowered, I was relatively new and Yorick was the first champion that was released when I started playing and since then to now Yorick who also was the first 6300 champ I bought was so underpowered back then. They buffed him quite appropriately thankfully.
    They definitely didn't buff him enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    REE SIN.
    Are u saying is Was OP on release?(i assume this is lee sin ur talking about) i've been playing lee as my main since his release and i distinctly remember him getting buffs after his release because noone knew how to play him and was failing and then after a really long time the top players started figuring out to play lee(its not that hard people keep saying it idk y) and suddenly everyone and their mothers were playing lee and he got nerfs after season 1 ended

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    They definitely didn't buff him enough.
    You have to be kidding???

When I play him he feels so powerful and I haven't played him in about 2 months and I already know I can do ranked as a solo top no problem with him, he just harasses and regains his health, the key is not overload your abilities early, he's quite dominant even in the mid.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    UP: It would be Yorick, was easily killed, and fed the most from what I seen when he came out.
    OP: Miss Fortune when she came out. Just godly range carry. Her Q use to deal more base damage and had a higher range. Her R use to be wider and longer and the ratio was a little more than it is now. Her E use to just clear out creep waves. I do miss those days lol