Deleted

How do I watch 3d movies on my PC?

I have a 120hz monitor and a good Nvidia card, as well as the Nvidia glasses set (came with the monitor) and the setup and demo works fine. Even tried playing D3 in 3d mode and it worked more or less.

However, when trying to watch a 3d movie, it just shows 2 pictures side by side, even with the Nvidia 3d player. I'm also 99% sure the movie is for active shutter glasses, not passive, at least when I bought it and asked, the sales person there said it should. Does anyone have any experience with it or maybe there are some settings I should enable first or what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I have a 120hz monitor and a good Nvidia card, as well as the Nvidia glasses set (came with the monitor) and the setup and demo works fine. Even tried playing D3 in 3d mode and it worked more or less.

However, when trying to watch a 3d movie, it just shows 2 pictures side by side, even with the Nvidia 3d player. I'm also 99% sure the movie is for active shutter glasses, not passive, at least when I bought it and asked, the sales person there said it should. Does anyone have any experience with it or maybe there are some settings I should enable first or what should I do?
    As far as I know there are different 3d-movies available. Ones with sort of 2 images on top of each other, and the rest are with 2 individual images next to each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    As far as I know there are different 3d-movies available. Ones with sort of 2 images on top of each other, and the rest are with 2 individual images next to each other.
    Well, it just shows 2 nearly identical images side by side but doesn't show it as 3d. I tried many different players but nothing so far has worked.

Sounds like the software does not recognize the movie as 3D for some reason, and shows the frames side by side instead of properly alternate. No idea how to fix it, but it's a starting point for googling and trying out settings.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Got it to work with Tridef 3d player(free 14 day trial only though), just leaving it here in case anyone has the same problem and finds this thread.

Deleted
    Works like this on my parents "3D TV":

Insert disc, movie starts playing. Two images show, one right and one left. Use the TV-remote to turn on "3D mode", which puts the images on top of each other (enabling stereoscopic viewing).

Perhaps it works similarly for a 120Hz monitor? If not, the same can probably be enabled through software (as you found out with Tridef 3D Player) in the same way it's enabled with games.