Looking for a game... details inside.

Alright, I don't really know where to start, and I feel this thread is semi-pointless and you'll see why.

I come from 7 years of WoW, taking roughly 6 months total off. Before WoW I was into UO and DaoC, never really getting "into" DaoC as I don't really PvP much. I've tried literally every (except TERA) boxed MMO and none of them really "hooked" me like UO/WoW did. The only thing I do at end-game is dungeon/raid. I don't do dailies (I liked Rift, got to 50 in a week and then reality smacked me in the face that you are pretty much forced to grind the shit out of dailies/rifts/invasions to get pieces needed for most raid), I don't PvP (in MMOs), so I don't really know what to try again/look at now. I really don't think it's case of "outgrowing" games considering I dumped WoW and was loving Rift till 50. I just don't really know what to look at. I mean I like games like LoL or HoN and such, but it's just something about traditional "mmorpgs" that if you get hooked onto them, are better to me. I don't really like F2P/cash shop games as they just devalue the game to me.

I definitely don't want to be forced to grind dailies ("random dungeons" are fine) to be able to get into raiding. I've always been the "max level, run dungeons for gear, raid" player.

So, after hitting 50 running experts in Rift and realizing the above, I re-subbed to WoW and it just "wasn't there" for me. I don't think MoP would change that for me either.

Does anyone have any ideas to look at?

I'm hoping (it's funny to even say that) that my "gaming" time hasn't past and it's time to move on from gaming, as I really don't think that's it, but re-reading my post it certainly seems so.
    Last edited by alturic; 2012-07-09 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that MMOs will die in general, but if it is the only genre you like, you should look after Guild Wars 2. It seems to me the only good option currently/to be released.

I'm in the same boat, if only they'd release UO on a current game engine.

Darkfall seemed like it might be the answer, but if feels a bit too PvP focused, plus I'm not a fan of not having a skill cap so everyone is master of everything.

Seems I'll probably just end up waiting on Archeage, but that could be 1-2 years away.

Other than MMO games, what games do you like? what games would interest you. There are many many fantastic games out there, I got into racing sims personally, which became the major transition stage for me to stopping playing wow and mmo games in general. I now play them (racing sims) fairly casually along with other games and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Other than MMO games, what games do you like? what games would interest you. There are many many fantastic games out there, I got into racing sims personally, which became the major transition stage for me to stopping playing wow and mmo games in general. I now play them (racing sims) fairly casually along with other games and love it.
    See, I've never been a fan of single-player games, and games with multi-player aspect (D3 as an example) really don't appeal to me either. Basically ever since the golden days of '97, playing UO every waking second, MMOs have been a huge (hell, only) part of my life. Sure I can get into a UMS SC game every so often but it's not something I could play as my "game".