Hey guys! Im new to the forums, but did read the "read me" details...
So maybe you can help me a bit. First the important questions and then im adding my spec & some questions i do have...
- as stated above im going for max. 350€, the lower the better, cost effectiveness is the number 1 priority
- 1920*1080p Fujitsu siemens 23 inch display
Games / Settings Desired
- most played games: Diablo 3, WoW at 25 person man with playable fps +40 fps at least, Starcraft II, League of Legens, DayZ, sometimes shooter (i'd like to have a good resolution there), Skyrim
- got an SSD already (Crucial M3) so SATA 6 gb/s would be good
- also USB 3.0 is highly preferred, due to some external harddrives
Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
Watching films in HD/Blueray resolution, using winrar and from time to time some video editing
Parts that can be reused
- everything except Motherboard (stucks at loading Bios, already tried to reset & exchange RAM)
Do you need an OS?
- No i do have a viable win 7 license
Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
- No i do have everything i need there
CPU: Intel q8200
Heatsink: intel Heatsink came with the CPU
Power supply: RUSH POWER C 600W
MoBo: IPIBL-LB Benicia
Memory: Noname DDR2 i guess 800 mhz but can't check, since pc doesnt start for a check -> 3 * 2 GB
HD: Crucial M3 SSD 128 gb (plus a 1 tb harddrive)
Graphics Card: HD 4890 Vapor-X Edition
Case: NZXT Lexa S Midi Tower with 5 fans
DVD: usual DVD-Burner nothing special
Im looking for: the biggest upgrade, since my motherboard broke down
-> Keep in mind that i want my pc to be upgradeable at least for 3-4 years, so i can maybe buy a new cpu or graphics card without going through much problems
My thoughts so far:
1) Is a Graphics Card upgrade really a viable option or is i5 + DDR3 + 1155 MoBo the better choice?
2) How much performance would an update of the HD4890 bring? -> didnt find the best cost effectiveness
3) Is for the games in 3-4 years a i3 a viable option, or would i loose power when choosing an i3 instead of my q8200
4) Is overclocking the q8200 with a working 775 motherboard possible? If yes would i need a new heatsink or new ddr2 ram?
5) Since i got an SSD would the upgrade of new cpu/mobo bring a better writing speed? (last time i checked it was around 180 mb/sec -> Yes i did read some manuals about that topic and installed it correctly!)
6) Would 5 result in higher gaming performance?
7) Viable option? Crossfire a HD 4890/4870 setup? (Yes i know that would cost me few more bucks (around 50€), because i would need to replace the motherboard then -> Actual mobo just has 1 pcie 16 lane, the other two being 4 lane)
8) Replace the HD4890 with a cheaper dual card setting, like for example 2 x 4870?
I really hope you can help me out here I would really appreciate any useful answer on my thread
Thanks, Turasan =)