Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I think the nicest place I've been is Rhodes, one of the Greek islands, lots of nice architecture.

I'm from England and if I could go anywhere right now I'd like to go somewhere that's not raining, plenty of towns near me have flooded because it's rained almost solidly for a month now :/

I just got back from Japan last month, and it was one of the best times i've had. I spent my time around Tokyo and Yokohama, among other places. I've also been to Rome, and like some people have already said, its beautiful. I wish I could have spent more time there. I also had lots of fun in Dubai. I was only there for a couple of days, but i had a blast. The mall is huge, theres a water park which is a lot of fun, and lots of eye candy, and we went off roading in the dunes in the desert, which we ended up at a camp with food and belly dancers. Fun times.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me happy when people say they want to go to Scotland. Although I never quite understand why.

I'm English - China is by FAR my favourite place. The old architecture is amazing and beautiful, arguably more so than Japan, but Japan is also another cool destination. Not to mention the food, God damn, the food is amazing. You can walk the streets and get amazing Chinese food pretty much everywhere.

Canada is another beautiful place. Alberta is probably the most scenic province; Banff/Canmore area is just visual orgasm. Lake Louise is probably one of the most breathtaking sights you can see.

Sweden - North; Or well, not too north... It's like north of the wall if you go too far, but Skelleftea area and south, really beautiful.

Norway - Pretty much the same as Sweden except more expensive. Fjords, fjords, fjords.

Thailand - While to most it boasts a sex tour with anything you can lay your hands on or in, it's a beautiful country. There's a botanical garden there that I forget the name of, something nooch, it's AMAZINGLY beautiful.

But yeah, can't recommend China enough.

Africa Get yourself a 4x4 and go nuts, seriously some of the best times i've had in my life have been in africa.

Morocco
    Timbuktu
    Botswana
    Senagal
    Mali
    Egypt

PRO TIP: Don't stroke the wild elephants

15+ Year Old Account
    Ireland.

Scotland tends to be a bit too... "touristy" when it comes to castles and western european architecture from the 1300-1500's that you were talking about. While in Ireland I was able to find lots of castles sitting around in fields... no fences, gates, and only a few had "keep out" signs which I ignored anyway. 10 days is not nearly enough to explore the beauty of Ireland, but good places to go are the Dingle Peninsula and Killarney National Park, both of which are fairly close to each other. Just google street view some of the road in Killarney National Park and you'll see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    PRO TIP: Don't stroke the wild elephants
    Who in their right mind would even get close enough to a wild elephant in order to stroke it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    It makes me happy when people say they want to go to Scotland. Although I never quite understand why.
    You can thank Mel Gibson.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Who in their right mind would even get close enough to a wild elephant in order to stroke it?
    Well... we thought it would be funny untill it charged it us, i don't blame it as a calf was nearby, Makes for great memories though even if we did have to change our boxers afterwards. We could have ended up getting a darwin award but alas we did'nt.

Last edited by Toccs; 2012-07-12 at 09:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While Venice, Italy was one of the most mind-blowingly cool places I've been, for an extended stay I feel London is actually a very fantastic city to hang out in. I've been to England at least 6 times, and I still find London to be an interesting city. There is a lot to do and see, and you can always take tours of other castles and things outside the city. London doesn't sound very exotic, but in my experience, the more remote and exotic the location, the less there is to do. I've been to Canada, Mexico, England, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Italy, Turkey, Hungary, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Russia, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Japan, Thailand, Cambodia, and Australia. Some of those places I've been more than once. Naturally when you've been to this many countries, some of it blurs and blends together, but I still have fond memories of England. Oh, Hawaii is pretty freaking fantastic too. It's not out of the country, but it might as well be. It's kind of tough to have a bad time in Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Well... we thought it would be funny untill it charged it us, i don't blame it as a calf was nearby, Makes for great memories though even if we did have to change our boxers afterwards. We could have ended up getting a darwin award but alas we did'nt.
    Holy crapnuts, that must've been terrifying.
    A friend of mine was in South Africa when a bull elephant was rampaging not 50 ft from their camp. Had it actually reached them, it would've ended badly.

How did you manage to get away?