Keeping mana stable as a prot paladin,how can i achieve this at lower levels?

After reading the sticky,it's helped me understand protection a lot better for paladins.But one question still remains,how do i retain a high percentage of mana most,if not all of the time without reaching the CTC?I know things like consecrate act as a mana dump,but how can i recover quickly and keep the flow of dungeon crawling from being reduced to a sluggish rate?

I've tried both Seal of Truth and Insight

Insight has helped me keep steady levels of mana going,and at level 74 this isn't hindering my threat at all.
    But using Truth like the sticky recommends,I'm still having to chug mana pots and stop for quick drinks when I can just to juice up for the next set of pulls.

Am I doing something wrong here? or is this how low level protadins are suppose to play?

Are you using Hammer of the Righteous a lot? If so, that spell drains a ton of mana and usually isn't even required for AOE threat. Switch to CS whenever you can still maintain aggro and you'll spend a lot less mana.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    truth mainly applies for max lvl, where you want to max dps. For lower levels, or fights where you don´t risk loosing aggro and don´t need to maximise dps just go with insight

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Are you using Hammer of the Righteous a lot? If so, that spell drains a ton of mana and usually isn't even required for AOE threat. Switch to CS whenever you can still maintain aggro and you'll spend a lot less mana.
    You'll also do a lot less damage in the process.

Just got done leveling a 3rd Pally with RAF and the main culprits for low mana during dungeons were Consecration and Holy Wrath. They really should only be used when you want to squeeze out extra damage on huge packs and and you have the mana to afford it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of defensive stats + no reduction on the mana cost of consecration + not using judgement on cooldown is a fast path to oom.

Quote Originally Posted by MkX View Post
    Am I doing something wrong here? or is this how low level protadins are suppose to play?
    That's normal, low level pallies can go oom very easily; just use Seal of Insight till 80-85 (sometime around there you'll be able to support using seal of truth without going oom)

Deleted
    Just dont use concentration unless you really have to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntwat View Post
    Just dont use concentration unless you really have to
    I'm assuming you meant Consecration, yes?

But really, this is the best advice. It'll destroy your mana unless you have a point or two in the Hallowed Ground talent.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    I'm assuming you meant Consecration, yes?

But really, this is the best advice. It'll destroy your mana unless you have a point or two in the Hallowed Ground talent.
    I always spell that wrong, but yes I meant consecration. point still stands anyhow - don't use it unless you have to and your mana will be fine.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I use the HoW glyph so I can hum that sucker for free, since it's just a major slot, which still leaves me a spot for the HW stun to elementals and dragonkins (damn useful in Cata dungeons, with so many of both) plus the LoH to reduce it to a 7min CD from the base 10min.

If you are only 74, I would use the first two, one to help with mana if you like to hum that hammer at things (if nothing else, it's useful for picking off runners that may aggro another pack before you finish the current one) and we have the +30% HoW crit talent, so it is also pretty damn useful on a single target, like a boss. HW one because of it's awesome utility for stunning/interrupting certain mobs. It's kind of crap for damage though, so only use it for the utility unless your mana is topped off.

Consecration, we have the talent that drastically reduces the mana cost, and at 74, you should have it by now. Low levels, yeah, not so much, and it costs waaaay too much for the damage it does.

But that's just me. It works for me and I like it.

If you talent into hallowed ground and use your shield slam at full holy power combined with Judgement whenever it is off cd, you should never oom as prot.