Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I was one of the lucky few to get my key without being a premium member. For like the first hour that they announced the giveaway, anyone in the US could get a key by just logging in, but Curse fixed that soon after.
    Congratulation!

Now you have something to do for the next couple years lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    Whatever. To some of us, our time spent trying to get a refund is worth more than $5 is. If I were on the fence about this game, which I'm not, I would rather pay $5 than spend even 30 minutes trying to get a refund.
    took me 5 seconds to get a refund. just opened a support ticket, said i wanted a refund and copy/pasted the order number and account names etc. done.

Is there really a beta weekend this weekend?, I haven't heard about it, where do they announce these

Quote Originally Posted by Aileron View Post
    Is there really a beta weekend this weekend?, I haven't heard about it, where do they announce these
    It's on July 20-22, it'll be the final one too

I will be very surprised if they won't have some sort of a semi-public demo event for the actual game before release. It would be terrible from marketing standpoint with essentially all MMOs that are coming out having some sort of a semi-public beta event for potential purchasers to demo the game.

Perhaps they will step up the key-giving for BWE3 for pretty much everyone who asks for one or something.

Deleted
    This is a semi-public demo event. Everyone can get the keys from curse. I just grabed 3 keys for my best friends and we are gonna geek it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very smart move, paying 5$ when you can get one for free.

Deleted
    I'm quite sure we'll see some other key-give-aways on other gaming sites in the next/last few days... like gamespy, ign, etc. (they've done this the last BWE)- fake email, register, enlist ... the chances aren't bad that you'll get a key from at least one site.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    I'm quite sure we'll see some other key-give-aways on other gaming sites in the next/last few days... like gamespy, ign, etc. (they've done this the last BWE)- fake email, register, enlist ... the chances aren't bad that you'll get a key from at least one site.
    Agree, I bet that ANet wants many people for the last beta event. :<
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that I seem to received a beta key from curse without being a premium member I think I'll keep my 5 bucks thank you

Deleted
    I just went to Curse yesterday and got a key, for free.. Not been premium since May this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    For me in the end, paying 60 or 65 for the last game I will be playing in my life (I really see nothing else on the horizon, except starcraft 16, warcraft 1452, diablo 3.14, command and conquer tiberium infinity, the elder scrolls who wrote all these things, world of going down the drain, battlefield get shot in real life we're so realistic etc), is not so bad. I'd rather pay 65$ on something really fun and lovingly made like GW2 than on another crappy sequel or "esport" thing.
    You, my friend, got on my sig. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Very smart move, paying 5$ when you can get one for free.
    My thoughts.

just got a couple of EU keys to give to friends and didnt had to sub to premium.

Im guessing that everyone that actually wanted to be in beta already pre-purchased in europe ^^

Just got a key for my wife (non-premium), so I'd hold off on buying a premium pass if I were you guys for now. I'm sure IGN and some other sites will be doing giveaways closer to beta also.

Eu-KEy: 7TT3DS-GDV34-X4H7-1BD-RJDP1LM

You are all welcome Guys!

I'm happy for all of you who got it for free. But when I tried getting one from the IGN give-away for the last beta event, they would post like 200 keys and by the time I refreshed my page they would all already be taken by someone. By that logic I didn't think 20k keys would last more than a half an hour before being all taken.

Considering I wasn't gonna get up at 6AM to get one, I just ended up paying 5$ to get a sure spot

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are really paying 5$ for beta keys? lol.. I picked up 3 when they were giving them away just for signing in with 3 separate emails for friends.

I bought premium last Christmas for $10 for one year in hopes of getting a beta key. Turns out I didn't need it because ncsoft sold the beta keys for prepurchases. So I technically ended up spending $90 to get in the beta.

Although everytime the beta shows up, my job asks me to pull doubles (overtime hours) and I can't seem to refuse the extra money.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    ...why didn't you just buy the game? Unless you're a grinding MMO fan (WoW, SWTOR, etc), then anyone will definitely enjoy Guild Wars 2 as a whole.

If not, meh. It's no different than any other $60 spent on a game (these days).
    Because GW2 will be the oh-all-mighty-ultimate-MMO and it won't require a grind (leveling, questing, whatever you want to call it).

Fanbois... Sigh.

And yes, i have all the Guild Wars, i even spent some €uros on the "cash shop".