Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    No why should it be? It is however not patethic but a pretty obvious lack of self-esteem to ask such a question.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live with my girlfriend and am around her 24/7. Sometimes it's great to go out and get some food or go to movies by yourself and have some god dang alone time

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    No why should it be? It is however not patethic but a pretty obvious lack of self-esteem to ask such a question.
    Not necessarily. It really could be someone saying, "is this pretty weird? I'm doing it anyway, but I'm curious".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Not necessarily. It really could be someone saying, "is this pretty weird? I'm doing it anyway, but I'm curious".
    If I go to the theatre cos it is weird, well then I might consider I had better things to do
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Well if you're just going into town to hang out with some friends then I guess that's fine if you watch a movie, but if you actually want to see the movie then its better to watch it alone, all friends do is talk and laugh all through the movie just want to tell them to shut the fuck up...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all, I have to do that now and then as my "friends" never wants to go see a movie.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly didn't expect this many comments. Since I have found a lot of posts I want to respond to, I will try to sum it up here.

To elaborate, I wasn't all that hot and bothered for the ridicule I received. There is a reason that this friend is an "Old Friend" and part of it was because of his consistent social securities and constant need to ridicule others, including his close friends. I initially brought this question to the forums to see if people agreed with the critical thinking I did following the exchange to see if people agreed or disagreed about my stance concerning the fact that some people believe that going to the movies is a group activity.
    With that out of the way, I am pleased to see a large majority seem to somewhat agree with me. It is also pleasing to know that it isn't as uncommon as I initially thought. At first, I considered myself an "individual" for enjoying going to the movies by myself, but after seeing comments that a lot of people do the same, it isn't as uncommon as I first thought. People will have their social insecurities and thrive on the high of group activities and others prefer to go solo. I for one, consider myself a soloist in a majority of activities and that is not gonna change anytime soon.

Anyway, I wanna thank you all for your comments and feedback. This is why I enjoy talking and coming to the forums. It kind of reminds me of the streets of Athens during Socrates time when he used to walk around and have philosophical conversations with self claimed individuals and people of authority. It's very fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    With that out of the way, I am pleased to see a large majority seem to somewhat agree with me. It is also pleasing to know that it isn't as uncommon as I initially thought.
    Don't be surprised that a community jam packed with introverts, socially awkward, and recluses would agree with you. I'm not saying all these are bad things, but the community here is hardly representative of the general community of the world/country/state/city. It could still be pretty uncommon, given your sample source.

I mean, you've played WoW, as have most people at this board (or they wouldn't be here) and we know how many people in WoW have no sense of social norms. I'm not pointing my fingers at any individuals, and it's cool if you want to keep to yourself, there's nothing wrong with that, but I just think your sample might be a bit... skewed. I notice most people at this board hate children, but I doubt most people in the world/county/state/city hate children, or so many people wouldn't HAVE them.

Bit of a tangent, but you see my point. I'm also not bashing you or anyone else or anything, so don't read it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its strange that society should expect you to take a group to a place where you can't talk to each other.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The only awkward look I get when I go by myself is when I sneak in a meal from Taco Bell or something.

I find it strange that the movies require friends, or family.

Do you invite people over every time you turn on your TV?

10+ Year Old Account
    I always enjoy the company of friends, but sometimes there's a place you want to go to eat or a movie you want to see and noone else wants to eat there or see that movie.

Do you always have to order take-away or wait for it to hit video? I don't think so. Heck I went to see Ted last night by myself after work, well.. because I felt like it, I knew nobody else would want to see it with me (all my good friends are scifi nuts... hate that kind of movie). Really enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Klingers; 2012-07-11 at 04:53 AM.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I just saw this quote and had to come and post it in here. "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

so many people keep talking about ted in this thread.

thats it! after finals today. i'm going to see this movie....