Poll: Would you prefer different release date?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whats wrong with nog playing a game on release date? I've never in my entire life played something on release date.

I mean, obviously I'd love for the game to be out sooner as I'm dying for something new/fun to play, but if I've learned anything from the last game I was extremely anxious for (D3), it's better to wait for quality.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's as good a date as any other. Why the hell should AN have "failed" with this date? OP doesn't make any sense.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    I don't quite understand the question really. How did they "fail" with the GW2 release date exactly?

And for the love of god please don't say because most people are back to school in September...
    Pfft. I go back to school in the middle of august.

Which makes me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

IMO its a perfect time to release the game, from both Anet and my POV.

I get to enjoy summer and play GW2 in the fall.

Anet's game is hitting the game market at a perfect time IMO. No other real major releases so far at that time period. I don't think they really could of played it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I... don't really see how "money / time / whatever" has anything to do with the specific date Arenanet chose. Could you clarify that?
    Because August is the 1 month out of the year that he and all ALL of his friends are busy and broke hahahahaha. cant even believe this is a thread what a joke.

Deleted
    Ok... so Anet doesn't give a release date, people complain. Now there is a release date there's complaints because it doesn't fit with everyone's personal schedule?
    One of my best friends is interested in the game, will only buy after release, and he's out for a month of so then. What's wrong with that? Anet didn't fail, they chose a release date as good as any others, for when they think the game is ready.

(So my answer is no.)

I didn't know who to quote, if people think Aug 28th is a "fail date" due to school issues (whether student or teacher) basically what you are saying is that ANY game, ANY date that's between Aug 25th-June1st is a horrible time-frame for games? I don't know about anyone else here, but whether I was in school playing games or an adult (28 now) it seems as though during that time-frame MORE people are around to play the games. If you've ever played a game with a guild in it you should see this.

They wanted to get a jump on WoW, so no, they did not fail.

Why would I care at all about the fact that your guildies said they aren't going to play it on release? They mean nothing in the grand scheme of anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Half of my guild say that they won't play on release for different reasons (money / time / whatever) and will join us few weeks to 2 months after release. I'm not sure if I will play gw2 on release too even if I've been waiting for it for so long. Do you think that ArenaNet failed with 28th August?
    They probably would say that regardless of when it released. People have been extremely paranoid about new MMORPG releases lately, especially after some of the recent "disappointments."
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

It's as good as any other day, but might be bad for me.May or may not be in Utah for 1-2 years with no access to a computer powerful enough to play it.

Dont you see he is just a trol???
    Have you seen him answer to any of these post??3 pages so far.

It's not the best time for me either, but it's a completely understandable and logical time to release it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was the opportune time to release, after SWtOR has launched their 1.3, D3 landed and MoP hasn't been released. This is a good business decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Half of my guild say that they won't play on release for different reasons (money / time / whatever) and will join us few weeks to 2 months after release. I'm not sure if I will play gw2 on release too even if I've been waiting for it for so long. Do you think that ArenaNet failed with 28th August?
    This may come as a surprise to you, but no company in the world releases products based on the convenience of you or your guildies. So no, they didn't fail.

Arena net fanboys = blizz fanboys 2.0? "Arena net can't do anything bad, I hate you!" Chill out everybody! Yes it's a bad release date because the majority of costumers are teenagers!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Arena net fanboys = blizz fanboys 2.0? "Arena net can't do anything bad, I hate you!" Chill out everybody! Yes it's a bad release date because the majority of costumers are teenagers!
    The majority of customers are working adults. See how that works?

10+ Year Old Account
    Topic of Polling Thread, " Do you think AN failed with release date?"

Question of Y/N Poll, "Would you prefer different release date?"

o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Cig View Post
    Topic of Polling Thread, " Do you think AN failed with release date?"

Question of Y/N Poll, "Would you prefer different release date?"

o.O
    Ya I noticed that too haha.