Flame Orb + Frostbolt Macro

Hi,

I tried using Flame Orb in my Frostbolt Macro but it does not work.

/cast Flame Orb
    /cast Frostbolt

It casts flame orb which has a 60sec CD but will not cast Frostbolt.

Any way to do it?

Thanks

Flame orb is on GCD and so you cannot cast or start casting another spell untill your GCD is over, There is no way to circumvent the GCD of flame orb..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Flame orb is on GCD and so you cannot cast or start casting another spell untill your GCD is over, There is no way to circumvent the GCD of flame orb..
    I think what he wants is that he shoots his orb every time it´s off CD and otherwise just spam frostbolt with this macro.
    But when you are frost specced, you should have skilled frostfire orb (because it´s just mandatory for pretty much every aspect of frost), so your macro should say
    /cast Frostfire Orb
    /cast Frostbolt
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    I think what he wants is that he shoots his orb every time it´s off CD and otherwise just spam frostbolt with this macro.
    But when you are frost specced, you should have skilled frostfire orb (because it´s just mandatory for pretty much every aspect of frost), so your macro should say
    /cast Frostfire Orb
    /cast Frostbolt
    mm maybe but I did get the picture of him pressing the macro once and only flame orb came out, as if he would spam it surely it would just cast frostbolt if nothing else is there to be casted in the macro, If how ever that does not work.. make sure you wrote the macro right in the first place^^

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way I know of to do it is with a cast sequence macro for example:

/castsequence reset=60 Flame Orb,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,...
    However it would have to have enough fireballs in the macro to fill the 60 second cooldown of fireorb which I'm not sure is possible. (in your case frostbolt instead of fireball.)
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-07-10 at 12:40 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I do have talented Flame Orb as frost.

/cast Flame Orb (Frostfire Orb though /Flame Orb works by the way and casts Frostfore Orb)
    /castsequence !Frost Bolt, !Frost Bolt

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Even after the global is over it will not cast Frost Bolt

Deleted
    just get one of those keyboards that macro shit for you... that way you dont even have to play the game you can just sit and watch an interactive movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I do have talented Flame Orb as frost.

/cast Flame Orb (Frostfire Orb though /Flame Orb works by the way and casts Frostfore Orb)
    /castsequence !Frost Bolt, !Frost Bolt

with this macro itll cast flame orb on cd and otherwise frostbolt ?
    just because you added "!" ?

To clear up the apparent confusion, the type of macro you want is not possible. Blizzard prevents a macro from bypassing commands that use abilities on the GCD in order to stop players from simply macro-ing their entire priority system to 1 button.

What you can do is have a macro that changes if you press the 'shift' key, for example.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Frostfire Orb; Frostbolt
    This will cast Frostbolt by default, but if you hold shift while you hit the macro's hotkey, you will cast Frostfire Orb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    To clear up the apparent confusion, the type of macro you want is not possible. Blizzard prevents a macro from bypassing commands that use abilities on the GCD in order to stop players from simply macro-ing their entire priority system to 1 button.

What you can do is have a macro that changes if you press the 'shift' key, for example.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    This will cast Frostbolt by default, but if you hold shift while you hit the macro's hotkey, you will cast Frostfire Orb.

well i think this one could work:

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    The only way I know of to do it is with a cast sequence macro for example:

/castsequence reset=60 Flame Orb,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,...

However it would have to have enough fireballs in the macro to fill the 60 second cooldown of fireorb which I'm not sure is possible. (in your case frostbolt instead of fireball.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post

Code:
    #showtooltip

Yeah when i discovered this macro it made playing my alt warlock far easier putting the abilities for demonic telaport on one button and other such things really cut down on the amount of buttons i had to use. I mean you can use alt and ctrland shift in keybinds the give the same key 3 functions but you still need 3 places for the ability on the screen which is why i like this macro better clears up your screen as well.

p.s I was wondering if you can put multiple modifiers in the same macro so 'a' is blink, shift 'a' is ice block, ctrl 'a' is rocket boots, and alt 'a' is something else i cant think of something good to put there

Quote Originally Posted by Heartfrost View Post
    p.s I was wondering if you can put multiple modifiers in the same macro so 'a' is blink, shift 'a' is ice block, ctrl 'a' is rocket boots, and alt 'a' is something else i cant think of something good to put there
    You can for sure, I use ctrl and shift mod to my decurse in arena, in the same macro. It looks like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Remove Curse
    /cast [nomod] Remove Curse
    /cast [mod:ctrl, target=friends name] Remove Curse
    /cast [mod:shift, target=other friends name] Remove Curse
    Just remove the target part of it and put your spells in there .
    Note: Some ppl use arena1 and 2 etc but I prefer to use names.