hard champ packs act3 [wizard]

hi guys, I'm having troubles killing specific packs while farming act3 especially following types of mobs

Frostclaw Burrower
    Soul Ripper
    Soul Lasher

and similar naturally super fast mobs and they don't necessarily need to have worst affixes like reflect dmg/invulnerable/vortex etc., they are just really hard to kill in dungeons/caves with limited space for kiting

using standard act3 farming build http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...OlS!adY!bbYYYZ

sitting at 35k HP/66k DPS (selfbuffed with scoundrel) and ~350 all res/450 phys. res.

how do you fellow wizards kill these bullshit elite mobs?

also reflect damage even without hydra (or recasting it all time) or blizzard it's sometimes hard to heal with pots without taking any other damage

I'm using fracture instantly when fast mob reach/vortex/teleport/jail me, also blizzard all time

are some packs with these stats/gear/build just impossible or I am missing something

thanks

Certain champions are impossible. You pretty much have to skip some, or die 17times to kill each individual one.

Naturally fast champions or those with fast are my biggest worry unless I overgear the content. Reflect damage + extra health = skip for me. The wrong mob with invulnerable too, not gonna happen.

Not worth it;p
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2012-07-10 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awJNb76H5Qs

Stack crit... and never die again as a wizard =)

yep I heard about good melee wizard builds but as you can see I play standard ranged one..but thanks anyway

I got 43.5% crit hit and 229% crit dmg w/o scoundrel

I can share some tips and tricks regarding your problem Konik.

Melee wizard build is legit. I went from not being able to make a dent in Ghom to killing him on the first attempt. It's not *quite* as faceroll as advertised, because you do need to step out of the desecrate/molten/plague, but other than that, you become borderline unkillable once you have your twisters/explosive blasts rolling.

EDIT: I did actually find a pack I couldn't kill in Ponyville - Flowers with Invuln Minions/Electrified. The Ranged build would take that down easily.
    Last edited by quantaron; 2012-07-11 at 10:18 AM.

Actually, your build is wrong.
    Using force armor to mitigate 80-90% damage to 35% is good, but if you cannot heal it back fast, you will die fast.
    You have 33k hp, no life bakc, and how many armor you have got?
    Everybody mantras is all rez, all rez. NO. Armor, Armor, then all rezz, all rezz.

My standard ranged build:
    Got 7,8k armor buffed(70% dmg red)
    Got 1800 life/sec (chest500,legs300,amulet300,other items 150-250)
    Got 320 all rez (after glass cannon)
    Got 57k dps. (3x% crit with over 200% crit hit dmg)
    Got 19% movement speed. (not necessary, but help a lot)
    Got 14k hp!!!!!!!

Farming with these stats from areat crater lvl1 to Azmodan around 1h (sometimes little more).

If a mob hit me, I lose 14k*0,35=4,9k hp. Healing it back around 2,5s passivly. Win.
    With 7,8k armor, and 320 all rez, in inferno act3 only the special attacks can one shoot me, but these attacks are very slowly animated attacks. Avoid with 19% movement speed, and teleport with fracture.
    Reflect dmg not problem anymore.
    The only hard mobs are vortex without mortar and with pools+arcane ability.

If you wanna be a superhero, aim 3k l/s with 800 life on hit, and armor and all rez on every item. you can decrease your hp to 10-12k (but dont forget, pools damaging continously with small ticks, you cannot mitigate that dmg with force armor).

My build is the same as your, but execp blizzard, I am using arcane orb with celestial orb. (in act3 it is awesome)

GL

interesting shami, but not sure if I can manage to re-gear with 4mil budget to reach stats you suggested

anyway to make it clear I don't usually die to most of act3 packs only to those I mentioned in my first post..I'm wondering how you can survive those fast hard hitting attacks from several frostclaw burrowers in ice/frost caves with 14k HP..seems ridiculous to me but gotta try out some of your suggestion to check it by myself

I'll check what's my armor when I come home

@jayjapay would you mind to share them here?

Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post
    interesting shami, but not sure if I can manage to re-gear with 4mil budget to reach stats you suggested

anyway to make it clear I don't usually die to most of act3 packs only to those I mentioned in my first post..I'm wondering how you can survive those fast hard hitting attacks from several frostclaw burrowers in ice/frost caves with 14k HP..seems ridiculous to me but gotta try out some of your suggestion to check it by myself

I'll check what's my armor when I come home

@jayjapay would you mind to share them here?
    Dont forget, I am not using blizzard, so I have a controlled piercing aoe orb. Against these mobs, you can use teleport (smash that fking button ), and mobs need 1-2-3 sec to kill the 2 mirror, and when you are hitted, with illusionist your teleport cd is up, so teleport again, and regen your hp with high l/s. With piercing attack, you can make dmg on all mobs in caverns.

The gear is not so expensive, because life/s is not expensive, and most of your gear dont have vitality, or all rez. Just try to buy the piecies with +armor stat.

fracture and piercing orb is exactly what I'm doing all time..my concern was survivability to ranged attacks (those mobs have mid-range hard hitting attack) and I hardly survive 3 hits even runing/kiting + teleporting with fracture + blizzard all time

The problem with the life-regen build is not every attack is a single hard-hitting attack. If you only have 10k health and you get vortexed into a desecrate/molten/electrify/plague/arcane, you won't proc illusionist, but what WILL happen is you'll receive a thousand tiny attacks and die instantly
    Last edited by quantaron; 2012-10-10 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quantaron View Post
    The problem with the life-regen build is not every attack is a single hard-hitting attack. If you only have 10k health and you get vortexed into a desecrate/molten/electrify/plague/arcane, you won't proc illusionist, but what WILL happen is you'll receive a thousand tiny attacks and die instantly.
    Yes, you are right, I wrote this too.
    You can stay close to the walls, corners, and during vortex, you will getting stucked
    If the mob has mortar, try to stay as far, as you can, and mob will use mortar,not vortex.
    With these relative cheap build people are able to farm easily inf act3 after siegebreaker.
    And most of the time, you can teleport out from poolt after vortex, and regen fast, sometimes dying is acceptable.