Things that are GREEN are changes between the last PTS notes and the Final ones.
Originally Posted by SWTORGame Update 1.5 PTS Patch Notes
- Free-to-Play is here! Players can now experience Star Wars: The Old Republic up to level 50 (with certain restrictions) without paying a subscription fee.
- The Cartel Market is now accessible! All characters on the PTS will be set to Free-to-Play status in the near future for a limited time in order to assist testing the Cartel Market and Free-to-Play options. This has no effect on characters on live servers.
- Travel to Section X on Belsavis and learn why the nefarious Dread Guard has seized control of this ravaged sector of the planet! Section X can be accessed on Belsavis and via the daily mission shuttles.
- HK-51 can now be acquired as a Companion Character! A shipment of the infamous assassin droids can be found in the wreck of an Imperial transport ship, The Fatality, in Section X. Reactivating HK-51 requires finding and assembling parts from across the galaxy.
- Nightmare Mode is now available for Operation: Explosive Conflict! Bosses in Nightmare Mode present a new level of challenge, new mechanics, and high-quality rewards (such as a new vehicle and Dread Guard set pieces)!
- Dreadtooth, a new world boss, can be found roaming Section X. Each time Dreadtooth is defeated, he returns with a temporary, stacking power buff which increases his difficulty and the quality of his loot rewards.
- The names of guilds that are inactive (any guild that has had no members log in for 8 weeks) will now be released for use by new guilds. If a guild member logs back in once a name is released, that guild member can reclaim the guild's name if it has not been taken. If the name has been taken, the guild will be granted a free rename.
- If no member of a guild logs in for 8 weeks, the next guild member to log in will be promoted to Guild Leader.
Classes and Combat
- Subscribers are no longer charged credits for skill point re-specializations.
- Merciless Zeal's healing has been reduced to .5% per point (down from 1% per point).
- Hungering's healing has been reduced to .5% per point (down from 1% per point).
- Travelling to a new area while in a Group Finder queue no longer occasionally causes the UI to behave as if the player is not in the queue.
Missions and NPCs
- Some missions on Origin Worlds now offer Experience Boost rewards.
- The cost to remove mods from items has been reduced for subscribers.
- The Collector’s Edition vehicle and all vehicles available in the Cartel Market can now be used with the lowest level license. Their speed now scales based on the license unlocked by characters.
- Subscribers may now access speeders at level 15.
- Campaign armorings are now available for purchase on the Black Hole vendor for Black Hole Commendations.
- Dread Guard relics are now available on the Daily vendor for 300 Daily Commendations.
- A new set of droid armor is now available from the Daily vendor.
- More robes have been adjusted so that their backsides are not inappropriately large when worn.
- New speeder vendors are now available on Taris (Republic) and Balmorra (Imperial).
- Players can now unlock their Legacy at level 10.
- The Legacy panel now accommodates much larger Legacies.
- Each rank of the Legacy Experience perk now grants +6% experience (as opposed to a gradual increase of +2/4/6/8/10). The total possible bonus from Legacy perks is still 30% in each category.
- The caps for Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations have been increased. All players can now accumulate up to 4500 Ranked Warzone Commendations and 2750 Warzone Commendations.
- Elite War Hero armorings, barrels, and hilts have had their stats improved slightly.
- Several emotes are now voiced!
- Subscribers have access to 2 additional quickslot bars.
- Different quickslot bars can no longer be jumped to in the primary quickslot bar if they are already visible in another location on-screen.
- The deposit for items placed on the GTN is now a percentage of the item’s value (instead of being based on the player’s set price).
- Vehicles, mini-pets, weapons, and color crystals can now be previewed in the in-game item preview window.
- An additional bank tab Cargo Hold can now be purchased.
- The title selection window is now scrollable. Players can now choose their Legacy name display from this window.
- A progress bar has been added to the currency pane to indicate player proximity to currency caps.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Several typos and instances of incorrect text have been corrected in all languages.
- The Imperial Medcenter in the vicinity of the wreck of the Ambria’s Fury has been moved Northeast.
- An issue that caused dark outlines to appear around characters' eyes has been corrected.