1. #1
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,847

    What GW2 does right - no Skinner Box

    http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/the-skinner-box

    He makes some great points about engaging gameplay vs. conditioning.
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire incarcerated's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Pale Tree
    Posts
    438
    Thanks!
    Another great episode by those guys.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/the-skinner-box

    He makes some great points about engaging gameplay vs. conditioning.
    Didn't really need it's own thread tbh, it's been linked probably about 20 times here and is months old. :O
    Plus we have like 8 threads 'discussing' the topic open at a time.

    Edit: Apparently some people still haven't seen it. Well then. Carry on, I guess.

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Short version


  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire incarcerated's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Pale Tree
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Didn't really need it's own thread tbh, it's been linked probably about 20 times here and is months old. :O
    Plus we have like 8 threads 'discussing' the topic open at a time.

    Edit: Apparently some people still haven't seen it. Well then. Carry on, I guess.
    I'm late to the show when it comes to the community :< Feel free to tell me about various other well known things i may have missed

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,847
    Sorry, Delias, I've been reading around here since the last BWE and hadn't seen it before
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Sorry, Delias, I've been reading around here since the last BWE and hadn't seen it before
    Probably because it's already been linked before in gear treadmill related threads.
    Which there has been a hell of a lot of. Feh.

  8. #8
    Closing this down. We've had this video linked a million times and this topic discussed to death (and then in whatever afterlife there is). I'm going to close this down because there are threads on this topic already and we've had some of them go South pretty quickly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •