Will I be able to be a "hero" as a guardian?

Hi guys. I'm thinking of rolling a guardian at launch. I've read about their skills, but I haven't played a beta weekend, so the playstyle isn't completely clear.

I played a shadow priest in WoW, and loved the fact that I could unload decent damage, but I specifically loved it because the balance of damage and utility made me really annoying to deal with in PvP and a great asset in PvE (especially in BC). Will the guardian be able to play as that kind of "hero" class? You know, like "that guy" in the battleground who not only gets a bunch of kills, but seems so omnipotent because of his supportive skillset makes him such a daunting force as well? Or will the guardian be the guy who mostly goes unnoticed, using mostly supportive, debuff-removing skills?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
    Hi guys. I'm thinking of rolling a guardian at launch. I've read about their skills, but I haven't played a beta weekend, so the playstyle isn't completely clear.

I played a shadow priest in WoW, and loved the fact that I could unload decent damage, but I specifically loved it because the balance of damage and utility made me really annoying to deal with in PvP and a great asset in PvE (especially in BC). Will the guardian be able to play as that kind of "hero" class? You know, like "that guy" in the battleground who not only gets a bunch of kills, but seems so omnipotent because of his supportive skillset makes him such a daunting force as well? Or will the guardian be the guy who mostly goes unnoticed, using mostly supportive, debuff-removing skills?
    The latter guy doesn't exist, and if he does, then he probably does something wrong.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Any class can be "that guy" so long as you know how to play it right. And hopefully (and I don't know why you'd actually want it), there won't be many issues with balancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of my ret pally. Being top damage and close to most healing done due to word of glory. :P

Kinda all classes do the same basic things really. Guardians have some nice area denial tools. That's their major trick, so to speak.