Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell would pirates want cabbage? CABBAGE CAN'T PREVENT SCURVY!

What's best is the pirates go into stealth mode to steal cabbages. But at least it's a little less brutish than the bandits stealing potatoes 2 zones over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So there are cabbages not yet stolen by pirates. Lovely.
    Cabbages you say?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I think it's really important that you consider having fun is possible on various ways... not only restrict yourself to raiding e.g.

Just an example: I tried WvW in the latest BWE and decided to look for this PvP dungeon hidden somewhere in the WvW map. As I finally found it I had a completely new experience. This dungeon was something new I've never seen and surprisingly sooo much fun for me:
    -) solve the puzzle: find the way through this huge cave-like dungeon with hidden pathways and traps everywhere
    -) gank other players: some guys from my server showed me how much fun it can be to play with the levers for some traps which kick other evil players from narrow paths.
    -) get to the loot at the end of the dungeon... hell that was intense.
    This sounds awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is the puzzle Drake is talking about:

Valar morghulis

Deleted
    If you blast through and level cap in a week with the expectation of jumping on a gear treadmill, prepare to be disappointed. Instead try to play it more naturally without any "goals" in mind. Stumble upon stuff, get sidetracked, explore those caves over there. Last beta weekend, on my level 17 Thief I did nothing but level up cooking. I was totally hooked and spent hours running around picking veg out of the ground and slaying cows for slabs of beef to make burgers and steak. Since there's no sub, don't feel compelled to "get your money's worth" as you may do with subscription based games. Play as little as you like and take it slow or play it a lot with breaks when you get bored; both of those will be valid playstyles. With no gear curve, you wont come back from a break feeling left behind.

Peronally I had my fill of "hardcore" raiding with Firelands and for the past year I've been raiding in WoW only casually (but that doesn't mean bad, we still got 8/8 HC) with friends (usually 1 night a week) and then we can spend our time trying out new games with each other and just messing around. A couple of us are real excited to just jump into Guild Wars 2 and do whatever we fancy rather than having to schedule out lumps of time to complete specific content. Not to say I wont still be playing WoW. I can't wait for Mists and they're adding a lot more casual friendly features for people like us who are capable of clearing 8/8 HC quickly but then feel like there's nothing to do outside of that.

TL;DR - do what you want. Even if you blast the game and get bored quickly, since you don't have to pay for it you can get back into the game even months later and still be on equal footing with everyone else. However, the best way to enjoy the game is take it slow and see everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    TL;DR - do what you want.
    Arena Net should borrow the Burger King slogan.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What's best is the pirates go into stealth mode to steal cabbages. But at least it's a little less brutish than the bandits stealing potatoes 2 zones over.
    Gangplank laughs at these vegetable stealing pirates. Gangplank eats oranges and it was k.

there will be 3 level 80 dungeons, and splits into the explorable modes as well. Also whatever race you choose takes a path to the lvl80 zone leaving alot of the world undiscovered. You can go back and explore new areas scaled down so the area will still pose a challenge. Of course while doing that you can hunt down pets, craft epic gear, go after rare armour sets and of course probably the biggest thing of all WvW.

plenty to do, I doubt this will be like Diablo3 where people were complaining about the lack of content 1 week after the game came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I think this is the puzzle Drake is talking about:

Thanks for the link, enjoyed it and can't wait to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's other jump puzzles around in the PvE world, to be found at your peril.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I'm not entirely sure that was exaggeration, tbh. There's a lot of "empty space" in the zones I've explored where they could easily fit more DEs.
    it's not like they can add new events only in places where nothing is yet, the nature of events makes it possible for them to appear in other rates so that new ones happen instead. I repost my quote from above:

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Johanson
    “You run around Queensdale, the human starter area, and maybe the Brood Mother shows up every X minutes,” Johanson continues. “We’re going to put another event that can happen there, and then slow down how often the Brood Mother happens. Not only are there new events happening, but everything you’ve seen before starts happening less often. The world gets larger and larger.
    so the world doesn't necessarily get clustered with events, empty space can still exist even if they add 500 new events to a zone.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc87 View Post
    Another thing that kind of concerns me about the lack of static endgame content
    WoW has 1 level of endgame, Gw2 has 80 levels of endgame.

You should be able to do 'x' awesome DE at least once a week, I think the biggest concern with people, is the lack of control they have over the content.

30th thread i've seen like this here, same answers come from differant people, please can anyone do a little research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
    30th thread i've seen like this here, same answers come from differant people, please can anyone do a little research.
    Nope, everyone feels like they are the only ones who had thought of this and decided it was important enough to have it's own thread!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    There's other jump puzzles around in the PvE world, to be found at your peril.
    At your peril indeed. Some haz monsters
    Valar morghulis

Jumping puzzles are perfect for endgame, I probably spent 70% of my end game time jumping up random hillsides trying to get to places I shouldn't be - in WoW. Come to think of it, the game didn't get really boring until they added flight to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveaux View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that they only plan on doing so through expansion packs. Which is fine for me, just wanted to get that out.
    Not at all. They're splitting their team up into a live team and an expansion team, so each will consist of over 100 people handling each.

I too was a little concerned about this, but from what I can see doing endgame dungeons and PvP content constitutes the endgame, with the option to go back and do questing again being there as well. Events also seem to be a driving factor. I'll have to see what the game will hold for me when it finally does release, but for now consider that the game is pay-once-to-play rather than subscription based, meaning that, if this game does not have endgame with longevity, it will be like Skyrim in that you purchase it for an up front asking price and drain it of its content before moving on.

I'm not saying that's how it's going to be, I'm just considering possibilities before its release. Looking forward to GW2 nonetheless!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    there will be 3 level 80 dungeons, and splits into the explorable modes as well. Also whatever race you choose takes a path to the lvl80 zone leaving alot of the world undiscovered. You can go back and explore new areas scaled down so the area will still pose a challenge. Of course while doing that you can hunt down pets, craft epic gear, go after rare armour sets and of course probably the biggest thing of all WvW.

plenty to do, I doubt this will be like Diablo3 where people were complaining about the lack of content 1 week after the game came out.
    Oh trust me, I can guarantee you that there will be "those" people who don't know what the game is about content-wise and complain once they hit max and say. "No raidz?! WTF I want my lootz! lol this game is fail! What a waste of $60 lolz."