Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Anime] Your favorite anime FILLER arc or episode?

As we all know some anime is adapted from manga, which sometimes becomes an ongoing series due to success. Sometimes the anime guys get too close to the manga and that adaptation needs what is known as filler to give the manga artist time to finish an arc or story.

Love it or hate it filler has existed in many different anime series. So what is your favorite or "least hated" filler arc out of every single anime you've seen with filler?

Deleted
    Sadly in the animes I've watched there hasn't been a single entire filler arc I've enjoyed but merely a couple of standalone episodes. Bleach episode 228 would be one of those. Boob buckets <3.

The entirety of DBZ and Bleach.

I avoid filler, so none.

I like Bleach episode 134. A whole episode of one of my favourite characters baking a cake!

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy most of the fillers, however one I can think of now that is funny is the Naruto episode when they try to see what is under Kakashi's mask.

Only one that comes to mind that I actually enjoyed was the Zanpakuto Rebellion arc in Bleach. Probably because the manga author had a hand in the story of it and it actually, although out of place in the middle of an excellent manga arc, seemed to fit well into the Bleach universe.

I loved the other world tournament in DBZ. Pikkon was such a badass <33333

I'm digging the current Fairy Tail filler 130+ but it isn't finished so I don't know if will get better or worse? Could end up being my favorite could get worse.

The Copperman episodes of One Piece are pretty funny as well!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we're talking about traditional filler episodes I can't really think if any I've really enjoyed, except maybe a couple in DBZ like the one where Goku is getting his driver's license.

But if we expand the meaning of the word filler to also mean a show that completely goes off track from the source material and never returns, then I have heaps of examples I've really enjoyed.
    Like the entirety of FMP: Fumoffu, most of the Second Raid, the last half of the original FMA anime, and most of Cardcaptor Sakura to mention a few

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the Ice Hunter arc in One Piece was pretty good. The whole family of bounty hunters who collect pirates' flags was pretty good. Some of the filler episodes they used to fill out existing arcs were alright as well like the extra rounds of the Davy Back Fight. Then of course the Boss Luffy episodes are always great. If they made that into a regular series, I would totally watch it.

Deleted
    Samurai Champloo, Baseball Blues. Although not exactly a filler since it's a 23 episode anime, but it's a detour and noncanon episode and I love it

Deleted
    I actually really, really enjoyed the Zanpakuto Rebellion arc in Bleach. I found it really interesting. One of my favourite arcs actually.

I also really liked episodes 147-149 of Bleach, in the Hueco Mundo arc, and the story of Ashido Kano. Apparently this little sub-plot was meant to be included in the manga but Kubo had to leave it out due to time constraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromathos View Post
    Sadly in the animes I've watched there hasn't been a single entire filler arc I've enjoyed but merely a couple of standalone episodes. Bleach episode 228 would be one of those. Boob buckets <3.
    Oh, and yes, "boob buckets" episode was awesome! As was the first half of the New Year's Special and pretty much every 'Shinigami Picture Book' (especially the Byakuya/Yachiru segments!). I really like Hisagi and Rangiku too, so I thought the episode when they go hunting hollows at a hot spring together was pretty funny.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-07-10 at 10:38 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The Naruto one dedicated to see Kakashi without his mask.... The hilarity was over 9000.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the question

10+ Year Old Account
    Kakashi's Gaiden episode 1 and 2. Seeing the 4th hokage, and Kakashi when he was younger was awesome.

Two words:

Goku's Ordeal

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of Kore wa Zombie season 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Two words:

Goku's Ordeal
    My favourite filler episode.

My favourite filler arc is probably the Otherworld Tournament in DBZ.

Now that I watch anime online instead of on TV, I usually skip filler now, so there might be some good ones I've just passed over.

Naruto 168 - "Mix it, Stretch it, Boil It Up! Burn, Copper Pot, Burn!"