Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    So this thread is about us insulting one another? Ok, so we have rats, salad, cats, meat and me, your norn cook.

We take 2 cats, feed them mice, we then fatten them. We give cats to meat, fatten meat. We then chop meat and put a salad piece then serve it cold with beer.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-07-11 at 02:06 PM.

Nobody cares to insult the asura. It's all in the mouth, and that can be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Yeah, bookah is the only one I can really think of. I'm sure the players will invent some over time. Many are already calling charr.... cows... *glare*
    We have only TB to thank for that terrible misnomer.

Eh, the only ones I thought of were mouse/meat, which the Charr used in reference to Humans in EotN as Glytch said.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    We have only TB to thank for that terrible misnomer.

Eh, the only ones I thought of were mouse/meat, which the Charr used in reference to Humans in EotN as Glytch said.
    Yes, because I'm sure TB's the only person on the internet who sees a similarity between Tauren and Charr.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Yes, because I'm sure TB's the only person on the internet who sees a similarity between Tauren and Charr.
    He's most assuredly the primary cause for how rampant it's become. Then again, he's probably only that dead-set on calling them cows because of the community reaction...

He's most assuredly the primary cause for how rampant it's become. Then again, he's probably only that dead-set on calling them cows because of the community reaction...
    People call Asura gnomes because of the fact that they're both small races (without TB saying it, mind you). Charr and Tauren both have horns and are large races with a hunched back. Of course people are going to call them cows, regardless of how different the races actually are.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    So this thread is about us insulting one another? Ok, so we have rats, salad, cats, meat and me, your norn cook.

We take 2 cats, feed them mice, we then fatten them. We give cats to meat, fatten meat. We then chop meat and put a salad piece then serve it cold with beer.
    Thanks that made my day a lot funnier
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

Well I never once saw the Charr associated with "Cow" in GW1, and it's not like they revolutionized their appearance or something...

If you mean lore relevant terms, the only ones that Anet has introduced (unless I'm missing something) are Asura calling everyone else bookah and Charr calling Asura mice (Don't quote me on the second one, could be wrong. Think it was in the books. /shrug). For the less lore friendly ones, I call Sylvari 'salad', Humans 'meat' and Asura 'rats' when I'm fake-RPing as a Charr on the forums for teh lulz. Oh, and other Charr 'Cub'. Part of me wants to say that's lore relevant, but I don't know if using it in an insulting way towards lesser Charr is lore friendly or if it's just used to describe younger Charr.
    i say teh lulz would come from no Norn epithets, i guess most would know that even the woman could crush them XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

Well I never once saw the Charr associated with "Cow" in GW1, and it's not like they revolutionized their appearance or something...
    It's not like they look the exact same. And as I said, TB didn't call Asura gnomes yet people refer to them as gnomes daily. The Charr were not a race in GW1, they were an enemy. People see races differently when they are playable.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
    i say teh lulz would come from no Norn epithets, i guess most would know that even the woman could crush them XD
    My excuse for not being able to come up with a decent insult for norn is that my my mind, my Charr would have a small amount of respect for them due to their power. And a norn would hardly simply crush a Charr, they're the same size (with Charr slightly taller) if the Charr is upright.
    http://secretagentcat.files.wordpres...ht-chart21.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
    Bookah.

/10asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    He said an "equally crushing counter", not something a kindergarten child could come up with.
    It was easy to come up with, and quite frankly you arent worth the effort of something better.

Deleted
    Charr - rug, dinner or any insult regarding the intelligence of a person. <--------------------¬
    Sylvari - Salad, Sprout or firewood <-------------------------------------------------------------|
    Human - *insert all known insults* <-------------------------------------------------------------| ----Bookah
    Norn - *insert all known insults and add the prefix 'big'* <-------------------------------------|
    Asura - Mouse, Rat, Rodent, etc.

Though if you mention any of the Sylvari or Asura insults, I will find you and kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread isn't about making up your favorite insults , OP said:
    Quote Originally Posted by OP
    For you lore masters
    Nowhere is lore are Asura called rats, or Sylvari called salad, etc.

This thread isn't about making up your favorite insults , OP said:Nowhere is lore are Asura called rats, or Sylvari called salad, etc.
    I was the first one to say rats AND salad, and if you look at my post I specifically said that those were not Anet chosen insults. =P

Deleted
    If you mean lore relevant terms, the only ones that Anet has introduced (unless I'm missing something) are Asura calling everyone else bookah and Charr calling Asura mice (Don't quote me on the second one, could be wrong. Think it was in the books. /shrug). For the less lore friendly ones, I call Sylvari 'salad', Humans 'meat' and Asura 'rats' when I'm fake-RPing as a Charr on the forums for teh lulz. Oh, and other Charr 'Cub'. Part of me wants to say that's lore relevant, but I don't know if using it in an insulting way towards lesser Charr is lore friendly or if it's just used to describe younger Charr.
    Oh my god lmao, you just know now that there'll be a bunch of Sylvari called Salad Fingers or other misspelt variants of it :P!

Deleted
    This thread isn't about making up your favorite insults , OP said:Nowhere is lore are Asura called rats, or Sylvari called salad, etc.
    Stop ruining my fun :< I'll just pretend that they're real, I don't care what you think
    *cry*

Quote Originally Posted by incarcerated View Post
    Charr - rug, dinner or any insult regarding the intelligence of a person. <--------------------¬
    Sylvari - Salad, Sprout or firewood <-------------------------------------------------------------|
    Human - *insert all known insults* <-------------------------------------------------------------| ----Bookah
    Norn - *insert all known insults and add the prefix 'big'* <-------------------------------------|

Though if you mention any of the Sylvari or Asura insults, I will find you and kill you.
    I like it! lol

Thanks to everyone for the feedback! I'm not only looking for lore related content - made up ones are just as good!
    The Searing | Guild Wars 2 Podcast
    Follow us on MMO-Champion, iTunes, Zune, Stitcher, Twitter and Facebook

The Searing's BWE3 Beta Key Contest

I'll chop 2 sylvari for firewood and a salad, find couple of cats to chase down a few rats for me, and then i would eat them with my cats and couple of buddies and BIGbuddies.

Shoutout to Arnorei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop ruining my fun
    I just don't want to give OP bad info