Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Disclaimer: I am by no means a super techy person so take this for what its worth. OCZ doesn't have the greatest reviews and ratings when it comes to SSDs from what I've researched... That being said I ended up purchasing a 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 for a deal I couldn't pass up of ($69 shipped). It came shipped with the latest firmware and has worked flawless since the install (2 months). So far I couldn't be any happier with the performance and stability so far getting advertised speeds(knocks on wood). Good luck with your decision, SSDs are pretty amazing for boot times!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Yea, that's because it's the inherent problem with Sandforce, one that intel won't be able to fix with theirs (520) either. :P

If your Force 3 works after the latest firmware, which it should, I see no reason to just keep having it though. Its performance will only degrade the more you write to it.
    After my post yesterday, i have actually decided now to order a Samsung 830
    Got the option for a Crucial m4 also, but seems the Samsung 830 are getting slightly better reviews.
    Total cost for the 128GB Samsung 830 will be 998 SEK (116,83 Euro, 143,36 USD), so not too bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastelol View Post
    Disclaimer: I am by no means a super techy person so take this for what its worth. OCZ doesn't have the greatest reviews and ratings when it comes to SSDs from what I've researched... That being said I ended up purchasing a 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 for a deal I couldn't pass up of ($69 shipped). It came shipped with the latest firmware and has worked flawless since the install (2 months). So far I couldn't be any happier with the performance and stability so far getting advertised speeds(knocks on wood). Good luck with your decision, SSDs are pretty amazing for boot times!
    My Force 3 SSD worked fine for around 3-4 months before the issues started, so there is still a chance yours can get issues too. And sorry for breaking the bubble!

Crucial or Samsung are the way to go for stability and reliability purposes, Currently I have a Crucial m4 128GB model and it works flawlessly for me and personally Crucial is my preference. Recently I helped a friend with what he needed for a build and we went with a Samsung 830 128GB since he grabbed it for sale on newegg a few weeks back and it runs extremely well also.

15+ Year Old Account
    My Samsung 830 has been perfect, I never have had any problems with it. Now while I am not a speed fanatic I do notice that I do load faster then almost everyone(I go into a warzone and everyone else is just standing around...). I have no complaint about it. and it has been so good I almost even forget that I have it...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose