Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I though that was quite obvious, especially when EVEN WoW starts loosing subscribers, that the market is OVERSATURATED with MMORPGs.

Though there is always some space for more non-conventional niche titles.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Let's say that 10% of the world's population will play a mmo at sometime of their lives.
    As long as an the content is updated and it's more fun than "Real Life" there will always be an expanding MMO market.
    The only way to prevent this is if somehow you're able to stop the next generation from getting into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    I though that was quite obvious, especially when EVEN WoW starts loosing subscribers, that the market is OVERSATURATED with MMORPGs.

Though there is always some space for more non-conventional niche titles.
    It's oversaturated with total MMO's (which is why you see frequent closures of shitty Korean imports or small time MMO's that were in way over their head and had no clue what they were doing), but the number of GOOD MMO's hasn't reached saturation point yet. There's definitely still room for growth, especially in F2P.

the market is already stretch and the only thing that can increase it is eliminate or merge all the weak companies and lessen the useless game create new ones if it fails pull it back and waste more money.

The subscription based model will not grow anymore. MMO playerbase on the free-to-play model will definately get bigger though.

Also http://www.mmodata.net/

Deleted
    Looks like the "free to play - pay to win" mmos are growing strongly, because more and more publishers are going into this direction ... I think the overall market for mmos is still growing, just the payment methods are changing ...