Looking into a new system if I can't fix this...

So I'm having issues in the latter bosses of DS...the graphical lag is getting so bad that I'm going between 1-17 FPS...... random locks....
    FOR THE RECORD, I play a Warlock...so you can imagine the frustration from this crap.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ 2.80GHz
    RAM: 4.00GB DDR2
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4800 ( total memory 2808MB ) Display 1920 x 1080 (32bit)(60Hz) 1GB?
    Power supply: 500w

Any information I'm missing to get some assistance? oh yes and DX11

I'm seriously considering just ordering a new computer specifically for Gaming...suggestions if I can't fix this crap?

10+ Year Old Account
    A few things.

1) What video card is it exactly? You said '4800' but its gotta be like.. .4850 or 4870 or 4890 or something.
    2) Go to start > run > DXDIag > Display tab. That will tell you what card it is.
    3) Make sure your drivers are up to date
    4) Download hwmonitor. Run it, and find out what your GPU temps are. Also make sure your GPU fans are clean.

i remember having a similiar issue on my last computer pretty much identical specs as yours.are you by any chance using the recount addon as that's what was causing me to lock up the processor wasn't up to the task also what graphic settings are you running if i remember rightly the 4800 series could only handle the game with a mixture of the settings on good and high
    Last edited by prankstar; 2012-07-11 at 06:23 AM.

The graphics card is the 4850, sorry, and yes I do use recount and i've used skada before too, but it doesn't matter which one I use even when it's off I have major issues.

Thank you for the reply! I appreciate the time you took for that informative post. I got the processor from a friend for free last year and it replaced a very low end one, I had to buy the new motherboard for it to work. When I purchased the motherboard it said it was AM2+ I don't recall 940. I had a feeling I was bottle necking, it's been a long time since I had kept up with technology. What I don't understand is I can run Skyrim on high without any issues. I have noticed that my GPU is running at 50% when I'm not running anything and has a high temperature of around 118 F. Whenever World of Warcraft is running my CPU usage rockets up to 80%, that is by itself.

I have considered upgrading or just buying a new computer completely. My price ranged differ at the moment... I could either buy the new parts and upgrade it or I can go another route and buy a new computer meant for gaming from HP and setup a payment plan. This is the computer I have been considering.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/hom...nix-Desktop-PC

Also considering the SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Ultraxion destroys recount and all other heavy-parsing addons, primarily due to the buff crystals he spawns (the duplicated healing one is the killer).

But, let's discuss your system. First, the CPU you're using is only a dual core, and a very old one at that. Originally released in 2006 under the "Windsor" codename (Source), it's not been good since at least the Intel Core 2 days (around 2008). Essentially, it's a case of outdated hardware, and it's really holding you back. It's on a now-defunct platform commonly known as "Socket 940" (not AM2, though both have 240 pins, they are incompatible) and as such no upgrades are available for it. As it's dual core, it's going to limit WoW, though this in itself would not cause a major FPS drop if the chip was newer. 3 cores is ideal for WoW, and 4 makes sure the rest of your system doesn't get choked when WoW is running by competing for CPU time on the available cores.

The 4850 you have isn't the worlds greatest card, nor is it new, but it should suffice.

Essentially, your CPU is lacking any sort of power in todays gaming market and it's the absolute low end, though due to it's age is not supported much by modern games. You have a few options, but all of them revolve around either replacing the whole system, or replacing a large part of it with newer components. Before we can make any recommendations on what to buy, we'd really need to know a budget. I should probably tell you to create a new thread regarding what to buy, but i think we can use this as a base for suggestions and then move onto a thread that refines it once we've got some specifics down.
    First of all, how do you know its a Windsor and not a Brisbane? Secondly, both of them are on Socket AM2, Socket 940 is for server CPUs.

OP I would suggest you download and run CPU-Z and tell us the details of your motherboard, there might be a small room for a upgrade CPU.
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Do not get that HP for gaming. It's a waste of money.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-07-12 at 11:45 PM.

as mentioned above dont go with a HP they are horrible for gaming try something like this http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gamer_Paladin_D857

you can customise the machine anyway you want