Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Horror] Among the Sleep - Horror game to new levels of horror!

Incase you've missed this amazing little gameplay trailer for this game, here it is.

"Among the Sleep is a first person horror adventure, in which you play a two year old child. After being put to bed at night, mystical things will happen."

Damn that looks pretty nice

That concept looks awesome. Putting you in the perspective of a baby and then instigating a horror game? Genius!
    RETH

The concept is indeed interesting, however the video kind of lacked anything horror-ish for me. Need to see more to form a better opinion.

Reminds me of the Paranormal game where you walk around a haunted house.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    That concept looks awesome. Putting you in the perspective of a baby and then instigating a horror game? Genius!
    Makes me wonder how much of it is real, and how much is the childs own imagination?

As a baby, you can never actually die. The game looks interesting, but if you can't die then I've little reason to be scared

It's now on Kickstarter!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ong-the-sleep/

Hadn't heard of this before, but this looks pretty awesome. Big fan of atmospheric games, and especially horror ones, so really hoping this gets funded. Plus, Oculus Rift support! Do want!!!

p.s. Sorry for the necro, but I thought it better to revive this than start another thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    that trailer looks pretty awesome. love how some games these days can use such a simplistic atmosphere to make it scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    As a baby, you can never actually die. The game looks interesting, but if you can't die then I've little reason to be scared
    The baby can die. Like they say in Q&A on kickstarter:
    "Can the child die?
    On a thematic level, death works very vaguely in Among the Sleep. But short answer: yes, you will be able to die."

I think it's too soon to make a game based off Micheal Jackson.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, god, the shivers I got from the breathing at 46!

Yeah, gonna support this.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I agree with this guy. Though the concept looks somewhat nice, I don't see how you could find the game scary if there isn't some sort of threat.

That's the problem with "horror" games these days. It's all either about jump scares or random scripted events that are supposed to be jarring or unerving. Since this one seems to be the type to use scripted events, unless done right, it won't be scary at all as you're basically roaming around a house as "scary" things happen once and then quiet down.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

The devs have sent out an update and one of the links was to a playthrough of the early alpha:

To add to the horror of the video, it's being played by Pewdiepie. lol I guess it will at least get a lot of exposure from this.
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2013-04-20 at 10:10 PM.

I hope the teddy bear is named Rupert.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    The devs have sent out an update and one of the links was to a playthrough of the early alpha:

To add to the horror of the video, it's being played by Pewdiepie. lol I guess it will at least get a lot of exposure from this.
    That guy is mentally aged about the same and the games character

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If this was literally any other person, I'd be watching it right now. A clever PR move that gets the game out there but... PewDiePie! WHYYYYY?! :S
    I managed to force myself to watch the whole thing, but felt a little bad for the devs as he pretty much ignored the horror aspects of their game and opted to instead focus everything except the action going on around him, or carry around inanimate objects and act like they were characters... It's hard to take a game seriously when the person playing it is talking to a banana. lol

I remember about a year ago when I first saw this mentioned on joystiq. I remember fearing the game had been cancelled because the moral guardians threw a fit over a "first person shooter where you played a toddler".

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If this was literally any other person, I'd be watching it right now. A clever PR move that gets the game out there but... PewDiePie! WHYYYYY?! :S
    He's... popular... if that word is even viable with this guy... His fans will see it and immediately want to try it themself. It will get more people interested in their game, but man... they really should have gone with someone else.

The game still looks promising, I won't deny that. I just hope it doesn't go the way of Slender. God I'm so fed up with Slenderman I can't even stand it...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    I managed to force myself to watch the whole thing, but felt a little bad for the devs as he pretty much ignored the horror aspects of their game and opted to instead focus everything except the action going on around him, or carry around inanimate objects and act like they were characters... It's hard to take a game seriously when the person playing it is talking to a banana. lol
    Thats what they get for giving the alpha version of the game to an idiot just because he is popular. Seriously, that guy spits only shit out of his mouth.

Hope my inbox will now get bombarded by his fucking "bros"...