Deleted

Game Won't Start

So I took BioWare up on their offer to play the game for free for 7 days. After installing and logging in via the launcher, however, I briefly see a loading screen after which the game cuts back to the desktop. I can't post this on the official forums since my account is inactive (even though I got an e-mail saying I can play for 7 days). There's several threads on the official forums on problems with the launcher (which works fine for me) since yesterday's patch, but I couldn't find one on this specifically so I was wondering if anyone here knows of the problem and a possible solution / workaround. Thanks in advance!

You can try Repair - if it downloads anything, you needed it.

Your account should not appear inactive on the website - if it does, you're not going to be able to play anyway as I remember. So you might call customer service and ask them.

Still experimenting...

Is there any sort of error message or is it just crashing with no message?

Most likely it's a problem with your virus scanner.

2 weeks ago for whatever reason swtor.exe, launcher.exe, and fixlauncher.exe have started to be picked up by various virus scanners as infected files so it deletes them or puts them in quarantine. Bioware's answer from what I've seen is to get the programs added to your virus scanner so they stop thinking they are infected files. Once you have done that then as Clattuc said above repair the game and you should be good to go.

In my case with Rogers Online Protection I couldn't figure how to do that and they basically said just turn the program off.

If it's not virus scanner related check the forums on the swtor.com website as there are quite a few posts related to the launcher lately.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies. I didn't do anything different, but it works now, and I can apparently play with an inactive account. *shrug* Thanks again though ^^