Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I just hit 85 on my Mage with save honor I got chest and trinket, rest is blue crafted PvP gear, I am having fun and killing players. I am actually doing better with this fresh 50 than my epic PvP geared lock.

Sure, when completely out geared I hurt, but the thing about Frost Mages is try and kill them, its last man standing!

If my healer is alive I will not die first, will not happen even in crap gear!

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Except for the part where you need honor in order to get better gear which leads to better quality of life in pvp and makes it more enjoyable.
    pvping on my badly geared dk is no less fun then it is on my fully geared ret.
    i don't see your point. gear only matters in rated pvp and right now rated pvp is dominated by scum with pve gear.

throwing gear at things isn't going to make you any more skilled. there are already tons of bad players in this game being carried by gear.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    getting honor gear is easy as is.if your gears crap,then just be a pain in the ass in bgs until you gear up.your alts a rogue,pick and choose your fights,its easy.i started playing wow again half way threw cata,i leveled up my warrior in bgs.being in level 80 wrath pvp gear and a lower level then most everyone in the bgs,made me a better pvper.i had to think/out play a toon to win,not out gear them.once you get the gear you be all the better.
    From my experience, players who try this land up:
    1. Getting targetted by the opposition
    2. Carved up in seconds before they can actually accomplish anything
    3. Unable to really improve their skill much because they spend 99% of the BG either dead or running back to where they need to be
    4. Causing their team to lose most of the battlegrounds they land up in
    5. Getting honor very slowly, so they gear up slowly

A much better idea is to go to the effort of gearing up a bit before entering bg's. Yes it is a bit of effort, but tbh surely that is better than wasting your and others' time while trying very ineffectually to win BGs in useless gear.

And again, I am not saying people need epic gear before they start in BGs. Not at all. But asking for the 377 craftables really is not much at all, especially since most characters trying to gear up in BGs are probably alts, with a main who can easily sponsor their gear.

I think a lot of people enter BGs in useless gear because they are not only lazy, but also too dumb to realise that if they put in a bit of personal effort themselves before expecting others to boost them in BGs, it will not only make everyone else's game a lot more fun, but it will also make their own experience in BGs both more fun and more successful.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    pvping on my badly geared dk is no less fun then it is on my fully geared ret.
    For you maybe. It's pretty grim for the rest of your team who have to make up for up it and then suck down on losses which should have been wins if you had bothered to put a little bit of effort into your gearing up.

gear only matters in rated pvp
    No. Really, no. Having the *best gear possible* only matters in rated pvp. But having at least semi-decent gear in normal battlegrounds does matter (at least if you have any interest in actually winning). I laughed so hard the other day because of an alliance priest with 75K hp in a random BG. I was basically killing him with 1-2 shots each time I saw him, and the rest of the Horde team would also do the same. To all intents and purpose the only thing he achieved was preventing someone who could contribute from occupying that space in the team, and in so doing made our victory an almost certainty.

throwing gear at things isn't going to make you any more skilled.
    Nope, but it will make you more effective (or if you prefer, less ineffective) regardless of your skill level. A bad player in good gear is better than a bad player in bad gear. A great player in good gear is better than a great player in bad gear.

Sometimes a great player in bad gear may be better than a bad player in good gear - but that is completely irrelevant.

Also, if you are in better gear, you tend to survive a bit longer, meaning you actually get time to improve your skill (as opposed to just waiting at the GY for a respawn)

there are already tons of bad players in this game being carried by gear.
    Well I far prefer those players to the bad players in bad gear being carried by good players in good gear.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2012-07-13 at 08:51 AM.

I wish the honor gear progression was more curved. Lower honor cost for the more important items like your base armor set and the weapon, and keep or even increase the price for jewelry, enchants, bracers, belts, etc.

Most of the gear grind time should involve going from 90% geared to 100%.

if you are a rog you can help with WSG and AB. even naked.

you can stun lock small groups at 1 place for a while.

but it's boring as hell. having no super epics sucks. Botting FTW.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Deleted
    i'm sorry, i can't take you seriously when you brag about your easy mode pve gear in a post about wanting to be handed free pvp gear.

why pvp on my dk with with his 372 weapon, when i could carry a team on my ret with his 416 weapon? sometimes i just want to snare all the things instead of being some random warrior's heal bot in the hopes he will snare for me.

suck it up and learn to play your alts better. sometimes its fun to not be absurdly overpowered and actually having to work for your achievements.
    how is that a brag? it's absolute bullshit that PVE gear has any bearing on PVP this season and I've made many posts in the past to this effect. if anything, the power of Cunning for my Lock just reinforces the fact that gearing from random BGs sucks, getting gibbed by 416 Saviours once I've DRed sap, silence, stuns and used Blind on a healer isn't fun.

I shelved my Rogue and went back to my 365/384 geared Fire Mage and I'm at least having more fun this way. I prefer DoTcleaving to melee in PvP anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc3face9b311; 2012-07-13 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    This is what i usually do, and plus you can transfer the Valor to Conquest too

10+ Year Old Account
    Gearing up through battlegrounds as a fresh 85 is similar to joining a gang and having to go through the "initiation test". Everyone has to get beat up for hours on end before they're "Accepted" and have the required gear to do well. Hell even the honor gear doesn't even compare to the conquest gear. Have fun grinding that for 16 weeks if you don't arena seriously.

Its just the way things have always been. That's why before a season starts you need to decide which class you will main for the season or else you'll be stuck behind everyone else.

Deleted
    I managed to get a full set of pvp gear within a few days of just spamming battlegrounds, once you get the full set you'll be laughing, really doesnt take long at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the reasons why my DK was fun in the early stages of gearing. Worst case scenario, I could Outbreak, Pestilence and DnD a pack to do some good damage.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    I managed to get a full set of pvp gear within a few days of just spamming battlegrounds, once you get the full set you'll be laughing, really doesnt take long at all.

A few days? That's gotta be a lie, or you literally stayed up for three days straight and had nothing but quick wins.

I came back to the game about three weeks ago and I've just barely gotten full season 11 Ruthless. I can hold my own quite well in that gear, and I'm usually at or near the top of the charts, but I'm by no means "laughing". A good player in full cata can still roll me up quite easily. I can't even imagine what it would feel like to have anything under 4k resil, oh wait, I can...because I meet those people occasionally and I kill them in 3 shots and they have literally no chance.

Blizzard does need to streamline the pvp game. Crafted gear isn't enough because a full set can easily cost 5k if you just straight up buy it off the AH. Getting into pvp should be easy and fun, not something you have to laboriously plan for. I've always loved pvp, but I can see why others start hating it when it takes so long to become even moderately geared enough to survive for more than 5 seconds.

If your alts a class with a tank or heal offspec just grind vp and jp and convert or que with mates into bgs. If your with friends you dont really care if you get rolled with crap gear.

Deleted
    I geared a holy paladin a couple of weeks ago starting with unenchanted blue pvp gear and green weapons and I don't remember it being that horrible at all. True, bad but good geared people killed me with ease, but I could get some healing going with proper positioning, and after a few days I had enough gear. As a healer it's good to start a bit undergeared, you do learn from it.

As a dps the whole thing is probably worse, specially as melee. If you are used to a cunning lock you maybe in for a surprise using lesser classes in BG. Then again, rogue. You will be fine.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-07-15 at 09:33 AM.

Gearing to full ruthless doesn't take a long time, not at all.
    So the best advice would be: suck it up.
    As a rogue you pretty much make what you want of the bg. You don't have to die a lot, you can choose your fights you know.
    It's just random bgs, I wouldn't take it too seriously and start raging.

10+ Year Old Account
    As alliance, wait for AV weekend and get geared in 1-2 days. As horde, suck it up and grind randoms for a few weeks.

Deleted
    I also made a thread about this its ridiculous yeah

First,pay thousand of golds so you can not die in 2-hits,but you will still die to any 1v1. (and believe it WE ALL LUV to explode that dude wearing crafts!)
    Just so you can farm all honor gear which will make you barely efficient,then wait a few months for all the conquest points to finally be equally geared with others
    (you've just gone through 3 sets : a gold grind,a terrible honor grind,and months of waiting to grind all conquest just to be on par with the average pvper)

but even after all this players with pve items/legendaries will still have an advantage over you
    so yeah thats the reason why I never pvp at 85,the gearing up is absolutely retarded

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    ilvl 377 3k resil player beats the 4k resil ilvl 390 player.

Good thing you can just buy a full set of PvP gear right from the start, eh?
    you are out of your mind,the crafted gear is complete shit,it ONLY allows you to survive longer,if the ilvl390 isn't braindead he'll ride you over like a train.

[QUOTE=Raelbo;17539651]

For you maybe. It's pretty grim for the rest of your team who have to make up for up it and then suck down on losses which should have been wins if you had bothered to put a little bit of effort into your gearing up.
    i would rather have my shitty dk with his old vicious gear, with me behind it knowing how to peel and control other players off healers then i would a full cata mage who CSes right into an aura mastery, or tries to sheep into a lichborne.

gear, in random bgs, means nothing. its only in rated play when the loss of that defense and throughput from the higher ilevel gear becomes an issue.

there is enough scum in this game being carried by pve gear ( and i'll admit, i have access to top tier pve gear), learning how to control that stupid mage and his staff/cunning because if i let him get a lucky combust out he will think it makes him skilled. it makes me a better player, i didn't need my 410 2set to do that, neither did i need my 416 weapon. i can do that in greens.

and heres the kicker for random bgs, they are unrated. it doesn't matter if you win or lose, scum will still get honor, even if you spend the entire match being farmed at the gy, even if you don't win a single match the whole day, you will still get honor. a couple hours of randoms net your a full set of honor gear. god forbid you die while you are grinding gear. people want something for nothing these days.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Considering it took me only 20 hours of gameplay after hitting 85 to get a full 390 set with some 403 Cata gear, I don't understand how it's so hard for some people. I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but getting geared is easier now than it has been all expansion. (with the exception of the Tol Barad win trading bridge bug for 1,800 honor) Shit, they doubled the amount of honor you gain quite some time ago.

Side-note: If you really don't want the feeling that you're endlessly grinding out honor in random BGs, just wait for AV weekend while you do 5man heroics to get PVE geared. In 1 AV weekend I got over 35k honor, gearing up my 3rd alt.

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 10:06 PM ----------

people who bg only for honor really disgust me. you do bgs because you enjoy pvping, not because you need honor.
    At the start of a BG-Gear Grind I only BG to get Honor. Once I get a full PVP set I PVP to PVP and enjoy it then, because gear vs better gear isn't an issue.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Convert valor to conquest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    I wish the honor gear progression was more curved. Lower honor cost for the more important items like your base armor set and the weapon, and keep or even increase the price for jewelry, enchants, bracers, belts, etc.

Most of the gear grind time should involve going from 90% geared to 100%.
    If you're competent and bought the crafted pieces, it's about like going from 70% to 100%. You're still quite capable of competing with the crafted pieces and it makes the small grind much less tiresome.

I don't think there should be a grind at all, but it's an MMO and we must have a carrot to chase.

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    you are out of your mind,the crafted gear is complete shit,it ONLY allows you to survive longer,if the ilvl390 isn't braindead he'll ride you over like a train.
    Not really. The biggest difference is the lack of set bonuses and glove bonuses. The crafted pieces provide enough stam and resil that you can put up a decent fight, enough of a fight to be able to win if you really know what you're doing.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow