Poll: How happy are you?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Fucking ecstatic.

Great job. Faithful wife. Healthy child. No debt. No major health issues. Tight family. Good circle of friends.

Could it get better? Sure but compared to how my life was 10-15 years ago it's as near to perfect as I can hope it to be. I guess I managed to figure out pretty early on in life that 90% of your destiny is down to the decisions you make. I worked pretty damn hard for my job, at my relationships with my family and friends and improving myself. So yeah I give myself a pat on the back for an A+ job.

life is shit but it hasn't made me happy or unhappy

Pretty neutral - adequate monetary compensation can make up for a lot of crap.

Deleted
    Define "Happy"

I am nor Happy nor Unhappy

I have everything a man needs for a normal life, i am happy about that.
    But i don't want to live a simple life. Having a family, raising kids, having good job... that's not what i want... i want a solid company, a house on Eastern Islands, work whenever i want and what i want.

But getting above that average mark is so freaking hard... lackluster of time is killing me... and i don't want to sacrifice my social life in order to grow... but recently i started doing that, in order to work on my projects...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I have lived a very comfortable life with few problems thus far and I try to appreciate that as much as I can. My job, though, I can't stand anymore so whilst hoping to get accepted to a certain education in mathematics, and whilst waiting for that education to begin, I am rather unhappy at the moment. The education starts in six weeks and time really goes slow when you're waiting, mind you I might not even get accepted.

I am fortunate to even have a job and to not have much worse things to think about, but as you all know, happiness is very much relative. I have been in worse situations, but this one is still below average, so I say I'm unhappy. Not miserable, by far.
    Last edited by Cusco; 2012-07-11 at 10:15 PM.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Miserable can't find a job to move out on my own to gain fed aid for college so stuck leeching off mother, have very few people who talk to me anymore, no gf swear somedays the bottom of a bottle is great

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very Happy

Great Job
    Wife has a great job
    We love each other
    Just found that she is pregnant with our first
    Financially stable
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-07-11 at 10:20 PM.

Hard to say. Content one minute, thoroughly depressed the next, and back and forth constantly. But certainly not happy. Haven't felt happiness in months.

Very Happy. I would would close to perfect, but in the last few weeks our business has been laden with setbacks from our latest product launch due to stupid reasons, and it has put a bit of a downer on things.

That said, I've got no reason to be miserable.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Very Happy

Great Job
    Wife has a great job
    We love each other
    Just found that she is pregnant with our first
    Financially stable
    Big congratulations Dakia!

Deleted
    Pretty close to perfect for me.

Got a good job being paid well to train in the only field I was ever interested in but never dreamt I'd be able to do (hell just having a job at the moment is pretty good), I am able to do almost all the things I want to aside from buying the car I want - and this is simply because I don't think the insurance cost is worth it when if I waited 5 years it would be so much cheaper.

I am young, so I am still living at home but could easily have the money for a deposit and furnishings for a place in a year or so if I really saved, or a couple if I took it easy. I am single, but I have no drive to find a girlfriend so that's all peachy and I have a fantastic holiday planned and paid for coming up in the summer.

Top that off with a great family and the only real worry I have is that in a few weeks my commute into London is going to be horrible due to the tourist traffic.

So for someone my age pretty darn close to perfect.

unhappy. too much student debt. can't keep up with it.

happy 27 year old here

Deleted
    I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad.

I got sunshine, in a bag.

I always find a way to sabotage myself, I need to change the bad habits before i can achieve happiness

Quote Originally Posted by Trackslix View Post
    Listen to this song and you'll defintly become happy >>>> Calvin Harris the rain <<<< TRUST ME <3333
    This is one of my favorite pick me up songs.

OT, I said very happy. I go to a college that I love with great friends. It'll turn to near perfect if after I graduate I get a job that pays well (can only rely on parents for so long), that I enjoy, and a partner to spend my life with.

Ruined some nerves in my arm in a work accident. 180 kilos over the arm. My right eye need regular injections to stop my macula from degenerating. I have no cash, most likely never gonna get a job again due to my condition. My only hobby is working out and sit alone infront of the computer.

How happy am i.

I get by

Very happy with loving family, summer vacation, attending one of my cities best high schools, great friends and enough things to do

Really happy

Good job, amazing girl together for 6 years now, live in a wonderful place, owner at 29, travel the world and good money. Enough to pay everything and save a lot every month.

Can't complain really. I worked hard for it though, as I did not came from a rich family.

Fairly happy. For once in my life I have no expectations, and I am generally happier with whatever things come my way.

I'm in a grindy period of my life right now, grinding $$ to set myself up for later. In need of some meaningful female companionship though and a few like minded friends would be nice (my current social circles seem rather unwilling to grow up).