Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    As a kid, we kept pets now and then. If they died or ran away, we just got a new one. Wasnt a big deal at all to me. I generally despise cats and dogs now, and have no desire to keep pets at all.
    Then you're honestly the last person on these forums who should be giving pet advice.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

don't think...there's no big roads here...and i looked for blood or anything in the main road but it's all clean apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    ps : i have a very bad english..sorry XD
    You lose your cat and you laugh ending it with 'XD'? I've a feeling something else is going on here..

Either, put up posters and ask around each door if they seen a cat.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

The other day I let my dog out in my backyard as I do everyday. He was peeing and then charged some bushes right after. The next thing I know about 5 kittens are jumping out of the bushes in all directions. One decided to run for the shed and didn't make it, my dog killed it instantly. This has happened once before with a full grown cat and also a skunk and an opossum. If you let your cat out to explore these are the things they might run into.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The other day I let my dog out in my backyard as I do everyday. He was peeing and then charged some bushes right after. The next thing I know about 5 kittens are jumping out of the bushes in all directions. One decided to run for the shed and didn't make it, my dog killed it instantly. This has happened once before with a full grown cat and also a skunk and an opossum. If you let your cat out to explore these are the things they might run into.
    Train your aggressive dog then, that could be a child it kills one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cats are not loyal creatures
    You confuse 'unloyalty' with 'independence'

Yes, if all you do is make sure a bowl of kibble and water is available, a cat may find some other place. But if you give it attention, it will definitely bond with someone.

My cat absolutely loves me, and greets me every day at the door, and comes to cuddle with me at night before sleep. Sometimes he won't even eat the food I give him, unless I put his food in what room I'm in.

Regardless, check around the local area, listen to see if you can hear it, post up posters if you like and ask around, and ask the local SPCA's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Perhaps the dog is only aggressive to small animals. and if that's the case, perhaps the owner doesn't want small animals in his yard and his dog is doing him a service. Ask questions before pointing fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    My dog would never attack a human, he plays with all the kids on my block almost everyday. I guess you never heard of dogs not liking cats. Watch Tom and Jerry cartoons.

Deleted
    My dog would never attack a human, he plays with all the kids on my block almost everyday. I guess you never heard of dogs not liking cats. Watch Tom and Jerry cartoons.
    The derp is strong in this one.

Ok so time to be the hardass of the posters. You should never have another animal as lng as you live. "i decided to make her a little bit more free"...to what end? You should have had the cat microchipped, you should never allow the cat out due to FIV, FELV, FIP, RABIES and depending where you live, other animals includeing dogs, foxes, other cats, racoons and the most dangerous animal of them all people. I am so sick and tired of morons letting their animals out and having them rushed into the vet because some mentally stunted neighbor decided to see what would happen if they poured gas on a cat a lit a match. "and going outside to catch something at night" she probably did. she is propbably dead and died a slow lingering death because you shouldnt own an animal. Best case is someone took the cat and found it a good home, worst case you might find her in peices.

I guess you never heard of dogs not liking cats. Watch Tom and Jerry cartoons.
    Yes, and Wile E. Coyote can sky walk as long as he ain't looking down.
    You probably think cow milk is good for Cats too?

Sometimes I wish the mind worked like an Operating System, so we could reboot certain individuals in dire need of a new start.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2012-07-11 at 07:15 PM.

Thumbs up IDEAS: (How to Find a Lost Cat: 19 steps - wikiHow)

Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    I love cats
    any suggestions to find her?
    ps : i have a very bad english..sorry XD
    Please don't apologise. Your English is far better than that of many people who claim it as a first language.

Re lost cat:
    I'm very sorry to read your news. You sound like a good, caring, person. Here is a good resource to start with:

How to Find a Lost Cat: 19 steps - wikiHow

There are 19 very clear steps to follow. All the good advice I thought of is contained within them.
    You can also google the words: lost cat finder
    Depending on where you are in the world, there are websites that may be able to help you locate your cat.

Read those 19 steps! I'm sure they'll help.
    If you'd like to chat further, feel free to send me a direct message.

Deleted
    I base my observations on what I witness in real life, not cartoons. All of my dogs get along with small animals, I taught them from an early age not to attack them.

I suggest you get a dog. They are very loyal, and because of how their minds work, every time you do something, it's the best ever. Came home from work? "oh my god, this is the best!" Brought out that busted up old toy? "Oh my god, a new toy this is the best!" Have their leash? "Oh my god, we're going for a walk, this is the best!" Have treats? "Oh my god these are the best treats ever!"

Cats, on the other hand: "Put the food down if you don't want to wake up clawed to ribbons. If I don't like the food you've selected, I may decide to shred the drapes and or you."

So it could be more civil to talk about that and find a solution instead of killing/abandoning my pet, and if for some reason they have really done that, i will have no problems at all to burn down their garden, cause u can't take away a pet just for a little mini piece of shit in ur garden..it's madness

That's funny...my Jack Russel is trained to find my wife's cat, and bring him home if necessary. He's gotten out a few times, so I trained her to locate him when I say "find the kitty." They are best buds, they sleep in the same chair and play all the time, whenever he gets out of the house she is very concerned, and has gone so far as to wiggle under our shed and pull him out by the scruff of his neck a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrm365 View Post
    Please don't apologise. Your English is far better than that of many people who claim it as a first language.

Re lost cat:
    I'm very sorry to read your news. You sound like a good, caring, person. Here is a good resource to start with:

How to Find a Lost Cat: 19 steps - wikiHow

There are 19 very clear steps to follow. All the good advice I thought of is contained within them.
    You can also google the words: lost cat finder
    Depending on where you are in the world, there are websites that may be able to help you locate your cat.

Read those 19 steps! I'm sure they'll help.
    If you'd like to chat further, feel free to send me a direct message.

thank you

Deleted
    I hope the cat finds it's way back home. For an interesting and humorous read on a similar topic: http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

Deleted
    Hang on, I just got this.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOPstopper View Post
    Ok so time to be the hardass of the posters. You should never have another animal as lng as you live. "i decided to make her a little bit more free"...to what end? You should have had the cat microchipped, you should never allow the cat out due to FIV, FELV, FIP, RABIES and depending where you live, other animals includeing dogs, foxes, other cats, racoons and the most dangerous animal of them all people. I am so sick and tired of morons letting their animals out and having them rushed into the vet because some mentally stunted neighbor decided to see what would happen if they poured gas on a cat a lit a match. "and going outside to catch something at night" she probably did. she is propbably dead and died a slow lingering death because you shouldnt own an animal. Best case is someone took the cat and found it a good home, worst case you might find her in peices.
    ok man, i can understand if a cat gets killed by a car, a free dog, a tiger, an elephant, but i CAN'T TOLERATE people who kills/treats/abandon pets...even more when they don't own that pet.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    That's funny...my Jack Russel is trained to find my wife's cat, and bring him home if necessary. He's gotten out a few times, so I trained her to locate him when I say "find the kitty." They are best buds, they sleep in the same chair and play all the time, whenever he gets out of the house she is very concerned, and has gone so far as to wiggle under our shed and pull him out by the scruff of his neck a few times.

OMFG so cute