Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to looooove renekton so much i did really good with him almost all the time, i wanted a new champ so i got riven and nocturne. i played them for a while then went back to renekton and didnt do so well so then I decided to go for some ranged classes and ezreal is now my ne favorite. but ill never forget those amazing times with renekton I had

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    I used to looooove renekton so much i did really good with him almost all the time, i wanted a new champ so i got riven and nocturne. i played them for a while then went back to renekton and didnt do so well so then I decided to go for some ranged classes and ezreal is now my ne favorite. but ill never forget those amazing times with renekton I had
    FUck yeah, Ezreal is the SHIZNIT. Easily the most fun I've ever had playing.

Regardin Renekton. I WANT to like him, I WANT him to be good. But I just can't. He doesn't have the dmg he should, his survivability is mediocre. His CD dependency is really annoying. I just find all of his abilities to hit like wet noodles, and his builds always favor a defense playstyle since if you go full out dmg, he gets owned pretty fast.

I WANT to like him, I WANT him to be good. But I just can't. He doesn't have the dmg he should, his survivability is mediocre. His CD dependency is really annoying. I just find all of his abilities to hit like wet noodles, and his builds always favor a defense playstyle since if you go full out dmg, he gets owned pretty fast.
    Yes and no. He does need you to build damage, building too tanky is pointless, get some defense but perhaps only one or two items. I just went against a Yorick top, rushed Brut into BT with ninja tabi, I crushed him because I traded harder than he did, shoved his lane into a tower and then based, you can use your ultimate as a heal basically when you wanna stay in lane longer. A lot of your surviv comes from the HP on your ulti and the heal from Q, I got dived twice in 2v1 ganks and didnt die either time getting a kill both times because I could sustain well enough. My final build was BT, Hexdrinker, Brut, Ninja Tabi, GA. I got crushed by their Vayne at one point where she got free focus on me, but next fight I just chased her out instantly. You gotta build the damages and snowball on Renek, he has enough mobility and the stun to get you to your target where you can either blow it up or scare it off

Renek is really strong early-mid game. Lategame ? He has to be build as a tanky dps. He'll get focused down cus of his ulti and hes the 2n threat of the enemy team.
    cant build a renek full arp at endgame, you'll die and feed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I just went against a Yorick top, I crushed him because I traded harder than he did
    Was he AFK?

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Was he AFK?
    Nope, but in short term engagement I dont think any champion trades harder than Renek. If you fight in a creep wave too you'll be healing decently off Q. I went Dorans Blade from the start too, he went mana regen, its pretty obvious Imma win an early game trade.

Nope, but in short term engagement I dont think any champion trades harder than Renek.
    Olaf says hi.

Deleted
    He is quite strong and he has basically no hard counters. He does need cdr and his sustain is average compared to other champs. But his good harass, high damage and good (great once you hit 6) survivability make him a beast.

Deleted
    I went Dorans Blade from the start too, he went mana regen, its pretty obvious Imma win an early game trade.
    Actually, simply because he went mana regen, he should beat you at trades overall. If he actually stood there and duked it out instead of just spamming ghouls until you basically died then he wasn't exactly a very good Yorick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Actually, simply because he went mana regen, he should beat you at trades overall. If he actually stood there and duked it out instead of just spamming ghouls until you basically died then he wasn't exactly a very good Yorick.
    Ofc Renekton doesnt stand there and juke, E in, W, Q, E out. If you can get the E on him too its huge damage, you'll also kill his minion wave while doing this forcing him to either back or tank your entire minion wave. And like I said, I pushed minion waves to his tower and based. I probably based 3 times before he did, kept my CS above his and while he still had only a mana regen item I was up to two dorans and had my lane well warded.

Ofc Renekton doesnt stand there and juke, E in, W, Q, E out. If you can get the E on him too its huge damage, you'll also kill his minion wave while doing this forcing him to either back or tank your entire minion wave. And like I said, I pushed minion waves to his tower and based. I probably based 3 times before he did, kept my CS above his and while he still had only a mana regen item I was up to two dorans and had my lane well warded.
    The issue is, he offers little to a team late game other than looking like an intimidating scary crocodile that grows twice his size and still doesn't do much. Late game his abilities hit like crap, yet he doesn't have enough tankyness to really hold out long enough since his CDs generally screw him over. He's caught in the middle of being a hybrid tank and a straight dmg dealer, yet because he cant go straight up dmg since he'll get mowed down so fast. He has to go hybrid tank, and with most builds his hybrid dmg is pitiful. He just doesn't do ANYTHING late game besides offer a stun, and that, still isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cable36wu View Post
    He is quite strong and he has basically no hard counters. He does need cdr and his sustain is average compared to other champs. But his good harass, high damage and good (great once you hit 6) survivability make him a beast.
    No hard counter? Garen says hello. Oh you're going to E in? thats fine here's my E. Oh you're going to stun me? Here's my W>Q>E again. Oh look I have new alligator skin boots....

That'd be true if anyone actually played Garen
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Deleted
    Croc can only become new ghoul for Yoricks army. And if you are fighting in minion wave, you are doing it wrong, coz minions will be hitting you for HUGE amounts.

There is only one hard counter for Yorick, and its called ban. Other counters are good junglers ganking the shit out of him.

And if you are fighting in minion wave, you are doing it wrong, coz minions will be hitting you for HUGE amounts.
    No, because you can E in, W, Q and get a huge heal off minion wave and E out of aggro of minions, whereas if Yorick wants to fight in the minion wave he will have to physically walk away from that aggro.

Deleted
    No, because you can E in, W, Q and get a huge heal off minion wave and E out of aggro of minions, whereas if Yorick wants to fight in the minion wave he will have to physically walk away from that aggro.
    Yorick doesn't have to heal or harass in the minion wave and if he ever does drop in health he'll just stand behind his minion wave making you have to E to his minions and then to him effectively taking away your escape. Meanwhile he spams lifesteal ghouls and gains a million health.

Renekton's heal is far from huge. It's 6 HP5 at rank 1 and an extra 3 per rank assuming you hit every minion in the wave twice not counting armor. At rank 4 (level 7) it's the equivalent of a regrowth pendant and that's being generous with the damage. Yorick heals more than that just by lasthitting with E twice per wave, not even counting the healing you get from ghoul lifesteal. (7.3 at rank 1 increasing with 4 per rank)
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-07-17 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Clarified Yorick regen

Its like 150 HP heal at level 4 or something in a big minion wave, thats a lot of healing. Also minions and ghouls dont have armour as far as Im aware.

If you ask pretty much any top streamer Renekton is a recommended laner against Yorick for all the reasons Ive mentioned. You cannot out-sustain early Renekton harass, its low CD and very high damage with a stun and high mobility.

Deleted
    Its like 150 HP heal at level 4 or something in a big minion wave, thats a lot of healing. Also minions and ghouls dont have armour as far as Im aware.

If you ask pretty much any top streamer Renekton is a recommended laner against Yorick for all the reasons Ive mentioned. You cannot out-sustain early Renekton harass, its low CD and very high damage with a stun and high mobility.
    Minions have armor. Ghouls have 10 armor and 2 for every level Yorick gains and also take 50% decreased damage from AoEs.

Also, please tell me how you're going to outsustain someone who
    1) Can outrange you if he ever gets in trouble.
    2) Has regen with better base and better scaling.
    3) Won't even push the lane if the ghouls spend all their time chasing Renekton.
    4) Will have his lane pushed by q-spamming Renekton making harassment of Yorick nigh impossible unless you wanna turrettank

You totally just ignored everyone of my posts? You want to push the lane as Renekton, you dont care where it is, you can escape ganks easily. You force the enemy to farm under his turret and you harass like mad. You can also just rush 2 dorans blades and a Brut for fast damage.

Also Renektons ulti=a heal, you can just spam it out to stay in lane as soon as you hit 6, you dont even have to be fighting and most people wont fight you when its up. And if Yorick is under his turret, he has basically failed and Renekton has won early game, the second Renek has you parked under a turret and can roam your team is screwed.

Deleted
    You totally just ignored everyone of my posts? You want to push the lane as Renekton, you dont care where it is, you can escape ganks easily. You force the enemy to farm under his turret and you harass like mad. You can also just rush 2 dorans blades and a Brut for fast damage.

Also Renektons ulti=a heal, you can just spam it out to stay in lane as soon as you hit 6, you dont even have to be fighting and most people wont fight you when its up. And if Yorick is under his turret, he has basically failed and Renekton has won early game, the second Renek has you parked under a turret and can roam your team is screwed.

You don't want to push lane as Croc. As any top champ, you want to freeze it almost under your turret, but just outside of turret range. That way, I will prevent you from last hitting, which will prevent you from gaining gold. Which will prevent you from buying wards. Which will cause ganks. Which will cause your death. Which will cause lost lane.
    If I have minion wave just outside my turret range, you wont be able to gain furry, and without furry, Croc wont do any damage.

How can you harass like mad, when you are melee, and I'm under tower? The moment you touch me, you are getting 2 ghouls, and 1-2 turret hits. And you just used up dash. Repeat that more than twice, and jungler is coming to gather some free gold, coz you just used your only escape tool to "harass" me.

If you are spamming ulty to "heals yourself" you are doing something really wrong, you are not Mundo.

Before free week, how often did you see somebody playing Croc(or Jarvan)? Almost never, that's the right answer. And people just don't know how he works. That's why you managed to obliterate somebody in lane.

Don't get me wrong, Croc is awesome champ, but what you are are saying is just contradictory, and wrong.