Poll: What wins this map?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm not seeing a lot of love for AP Mumu in here. 'Tis a shame, for he is godly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    You'll still get random out of the weekly free ones though
    Correct, but its still better than a normal ranked 5s champion selection.

Man, that's a pretty good idea, except its time consuming as hell.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poke VS Team Fight:
    In my experience, of more games than I care to admit, I've played every role and each of my 'mains'. My vote is definitely on Solid Team Fighting unless the enemy team (or your teammates) are bad about over-extending or just plain "getting caught". For my personal favorite champions I'll always prefer my Blade Mistress Morgana however, Heimer is definitely a very close second. After those two Lee, Olaf and Teemo have all been great to play. Also Amu, Leona and Ali (along with Lee) have all been excellent initiators for me.

AP Raka..... Too Easy.

Also, I added a Poll for anyone who cares.
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sustain. Nothing wrecks the match more than being able to decide when you are willing to take a death for items.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

The odds are highly in the favor of the team which draws Blitzcrank or Yorick. If they get a Yorick and Blitz, quit the match.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think there's a perfect comp, but if there is one champ I want on my team, it's Sona.

Strong poke, sustain, and an AoE stun. Yes, please.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    You're underestimating how difficult it is to dodge 5 poke champions. Especially if they're smart and wait till someone tries to get in range for targeted skills. I'll usually save my Light Binding for times like that when I play as Lux.
    I think you're underestimating how hard it is to beat a hard CC with nuke team is. Especially if they're smart, and strategic a.k.a skilled. One Light Binding won't save you from the cc and bursts of damage.

Poke all the way. It's VERY hard to lose a game with Morgana, Lux, Nidalee, Gragas, etc.

Yeah poke is a win. If you have poke and sustain its 100%.

I love this map but I still rather play ARABs on crystal scar, just feels faster and more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I think you're underestimating how hard it is to beat a hard CC with nuke team is. Especially if they're smart, and strategic a.k.a skilled. One Light Binding won't save you from the cc and bursts of damage.
    No, but my team mates fighting back would. And with all the poke, a CC team would be at much lower health and lose the exchange.

At level 3, a Varus arrow hits for ~230 damage if he buys a brutalizer. And its such a small and crowded map, and his arrow move so fast that if the Varus is half way decent, he will be hitting most of his arrows. Jayce and Lux don't hit quite as hard, but their poke is even easier to hit thanks to the large AoE. Just going in range of creeps, you're looking at taking over 500 damage just from those three. Getting in range of the champions is even harder.

No, but my team mates fighting back would. And with all the poke, a CC team would be at much lower health and lose the exchange.

At level 3, a Varus arrow hits for ~230 damage if he buys a brutalizer. And its such a small and crowded map, and his arrow move so fast that if the Varus is half way decent, he will be hitting most of his arrows. Jayce and Lux don't hit quite as hard, but their poke is even easier to hit thanks to the large AoE. Just going in range of creeps, you're looking at taking over 500 damage just from those three. Getting in range of the champions is even harder.
    And Blitzcrank or Alsitair on the enemy team will make that pretty hard, like I said earlier, those two on one team and you arent poking anything, they'll just stand on the sides of the minion waves and if you go to poke you'll be dead without the ability to do a single thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    And Blitzcrank or Alsitair on the enemy team will make that pretty hard, like I said earlier, those two on one team and you arent poking anything, they'll just stand on the sides of the minion waves and if you go to poke you'll be dead without the ability to do a single thing.
    What do you mean go to poke? Varus, Lux, and Jayce and Nidalee have a much much larger range than Blitzcrank or Alistar.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Why would you make a second account....?
    So I could stock it with champs that are awesome at this gametype, since I enjoy ARAM :P I cant have a weaker char based on poor buying decisions when i was new! :P

furthermore, I'm learning the true king of this map.. Blitzcrank. grip/stun..its incomparrable

Poke comps play passively with lots of harass, but cc/nuke comps play much more coordinated and aggressive. There's not much coordination to poke comps if you ask me.. It's just aim and shoot the whole time and hope you hit something. cc/nuke comps can easily push you out of this behavior by playing aggressively. You won't have much CC/survivability as you'd have based your comp on poke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving the murder bridge.

I personally think that poke is what makes the match the easiest to win. If the other team has Xerath and say Nidalee and you have a bunch of bruisers and tanks, you're just going to get wrecked in the early game. Skill is a large part of it too, since it's all custom games and there is no queue for it to match you against people of your skill level. So poke is super helpful. Sometimes you get a magic team, sometimes you get sejuani.

If they ever release it as an actual game mode and keep with the spirit and make character select random, they'll need to allow everyone access to all champions for that game mode so everyone's randomness is on a level playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Poke comps play passively with lots of harass, but cc/nuke comps play much more coordinated and aggressive. There's not much coordination to poke comps if you ask me.. It's just aim and shoot the whole time and hope you hit something. cc/nuke comps can easily push you out of this behavior by playing aggressively. You won't have much CC/survivability as you'd have based your comp on poke.
    How do you play aggressively when you risk losing half your health whenever you're in vision range? Getting closer they're even easier to hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have been up against poke comps with a more bruiser/tank comp. We had an AD, they didn't. Survive through early game, then murder the squishies and stomp down the towers with the AD plunking away. Quite a few bruisers scale with level nearly as hard as AP carries.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Have been up against poke comps with a more bruiser/tank comp. We had an AD, they didn't. Survive through early game, then murder the squishies and stomp down the towers with the AD plunking away. Quite a few bruisers scale with level nearly as hard as AP carries.
    Yeah, a poke comp without an AD carry is pretty bad. Varus, Jayce and Ezreal fill the roll quite well though.

10+ Year Old Account
    As does Sivir.