Deleted

Talkative friend - how do I tell him to stfu?

So, right now I'm skyping with a friend who has a tendancy to talk a lot (10 minutes straight without breaks sometimes) about stuff I really don't care about. I've tried to tell him "hey man, I don't really care much about why you don't think the food I'm eating tastes good, can we please talk about something else", for example - but to no avail. He keeps talking about completely irrelevant stuff, and it just makes my ears tired.

I know it is only to be expected that you talk with and to friends, yes, but this is just crazy. Endless streams of words all the time, and when I try and say something, I just get interrupted (which is another thing).

2 questions:
    1: how do I tell him "stop talking"/"can we talk about something else" in a way he understands?
    2: how do I make him stop interrupting me. Seriously - it's really annoying.

Thx

P.S. And please - don't say it's just because I'm anti-social and/or that "that's how friendships work" or something like that. I have considered that already, and it's not what I'm asking about

I find that "dude, do you ever stop talking?" works pretty well.

Just stop "hanging out" with him as often on Skype. He'll get the message eventually. If he asks you to join a skype call, just tell him you don't feel like talking right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can straight up tell him that you don't appreciate being interrupted.

Getting up and walking away while he's in mid sentence works.

Deleted
    Just saying it straight doesn't work. Tried it hundreds of times - "hey, stop interrupting me" or "dude, stop talking" doesn't work.

Just say, bud...take a breath, you talk more than ( a girl, my sister, etc)

15+ Year Old Account
    Just stop being his friend if you don't really care about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried using the word please yet? :P

Deleted
    You know it's probably just who he is and you'd just offend him by doing these things people have told you. If you're his friend you learn to live with his flaws as he does with yours.
    Last edited by mmocf0c1a2ac32; 2012-07-11 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop being his friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Then you need to emphasise it, if it's ignored when you say it, then say it again. Tell him that you dislike being interrupted and if he continues, you'll stop talking with him over Skype

It may seem childish to resort to that but if it's bothering you and you can't stop it, it's the best thing to do.
    Pretty much this, really no point making urself feel miserable. If the guy really doesnt give a flying F/or understand that what he is doin annoys you much, then you better just take a rest from him. Next time he starts to annoy you, tell him whats the deal and if he doesnt stop, you will stop talkin to him in skype.
    Last edited by mmocd04ad56b29; 2012-07-11 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Addinshiatz

Deleted
    Break up with him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beigemore View Post
    Just stop "hanging out" with him as often on Skype. He'll get the message eventually. If he asks you to join a skype call, just tell him you don't feel like talking right now.
    That is what I do, seems to work well.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    All your problems can be solved by fire.

Also, telling him you're busy with something and trying to concentrate.