Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - having the only crafting profession that requires me to buy mats from the AH sort of sucks.
    No one is forcing you to buy your materials in the ah. Every other profession(except tailoring) HAS to have a gathering profession to go with it, otherwise they are indeed forced to use ah. Be happy you can get the mats you need for your profession and still have a 2nd slot for another profession, like maybe a gathering one to sell mats on the ah to buy whatever you need for enchanting.

  2. #42
    Well I agree that it is kinda messed up that enchanters do get stuck with disenchanting all the stuff but it doesn't take any time for you to do so, the only reason I can see this changing is so enchanters can charge a fee for the mats to be disenchanted. The second thing is when was the last time a herb node or mining node was in an instance? I believe the last one I can remember was wrath a another almost 2 expansions ago.

    With that being said I like how Tera Online does their gathering if someone is in a party and clicks on the node while you are gathering it, that person or people also get mats and you get more because people helped. This point is moot however when I said before that there hasn't been a gathering node in a cata instance. Skinners are different and this is the only one that seems to stand out as being able to get them in 5 mans or even raids, however they dont really have a gathering option as they have to kill mobs in order to get the leather.


    Just my 2 cents

  3. #43
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Enchanters should get a +100 roll bonus IMO. If I roll disenchant, I, the enchanter should benefiet before anyone else in the group. Instances with mining nodes, herbs, and skinnable creatures don't have a feature for the mining node to be mined for the group. If a miner is present he gets that node for himself.

    So yeah, if you want your enchanting materials roll an enchanter, or stfu.
    /shrug.

    I made 1 million+ gold with enchanting in Cata.

  4. #44
    As an enchanter I love the feature in the game because I don't have to be bothered after every run to disenchant everything. I also hate disenchanting mats for friends/guild almost every time I logged on because they would mail me every BOE they find.

    Gold is very easy to come by, so stop being greedy. If your income has been hurt that badly then you're doing it wrong.

  5. #45
    Yes, you had to level enchanting, but guess what, without those other 4-24 people you wouldn't be getting the epic drops in the first place. You need the rest of the group to kill, and therefore, they should be as entitled to it as you are. Very few mining or herbalism nodes, or creatures to skin, are exclusively found in dungeons/raids. The vast majority can be found around the world, requiring nothing more on the gatherer's part than a mount and the appropriate skill level.



    Enchanters can DE their replaced gear to get mats towards enchanting their new pieces, no one else can. It's either vendored or (in rare cases) simply deleted.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Enchanters should get a +100 roll bonus IMO. If I roll disenchant, I, the enchanter should benefiet before anyone else in the group. Instances with mining nodes, herbs, and skinnable creatures don't have a feature for the mining node to be mined for the group. If a miner is present he gets that node for himself.

    So yeah, if you want your enchanting materials roll an enchanter, or stfu.
    Since I assume your making this post about current content enchanting materials, I have to point out that there is no ore/herb no des in any of the Cata dungeons, so that demand is invalid. And Skinners HAVE to kill things to be able to skin them, there is no other way for them to get leather.

    Besides that enchanting is the most sought after profession for people looking to get their gear pimped out. Spend a few hours in trade and see how often you see someone looking for a BS, LW, Tailor, and god forbid Engineer. Enchanting and JC are the 2 best professions for making money as people ALWAYS need new enchants/gems. Most of the people who come to you to get an enchant use their own materials that they got from.... DE button in dungeons. I'm sure for high end enchants you get tipped well. So be happy that you have a profession that can consistently make money throughout an entire expansions life.

  7. #47
    Heck, if you want to be a complete selfish jerk just need the item and then d/e it for yourself. For bonus points then go on the forums and complain about WoW's lack of community.

  8. #48
    Bloodsail Admiral StaeleAilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,115
    My god, enchanters are like the biggest whingers right now. Seriously, yes YOU levelled enchanting out of your own pocket. But that's like me saying, nope if you want to use my Jeeves to repair, you have to pay me aswell because i levelled engineering out of my own pocket.

    Seriously, half the time the people who win aren't even on your realm so won't even be affecting your server's market.. some people..

  9. #49
    Ok, to all the selfish dudes with their heads up their asses: You are in a group of 5/10/25 people who kill the bosses/mobs with you. 5-6 pieces drop and can be disenchanted since no one needs the upgrade. Why on earth should you be the only one to get the loot pieces (the mats) when you would never be able to kill the mobs/bosses by yourself? You feel like it's ok the other guys are boosting you through it so you can haul in some gold?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

  10. #50
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Stop being selfish.
    if you need something, do you not take it? but really? you're only being as selfish as the people complaining that they cannot profit from a profession they have not trained on their character. if you aren't an enchanter, you shouldn't be crying about not being able to sell the materials needed to enchant equipment.

    But you say that wanting to profit from your own profession, to take what other people most certainly do not need and would end up otherwise vendoring is selfish. When, in fact, it is actually quite possible to roll need on everything the dice lights up on and DE it. Which I don't do, because I feel that it is unfair to other players, but in relation to the way that you are treated regardless, I really don't see a reason why not.

    Being considerate still gets you called names and gets you people who will refuse to do anything until you leave. Or until you force them to leave.

    If an enchanter doesn't want to share, I really think it is within your best interest of time to get over it. Especially if that VTK timer says 48 hours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Why do Enchanters feel like they own every piece of unwanted gear in the instance?
    Because you can't and won't do anything with it. Until afterwards of course, which does not benefit me or the group at all.

    But hey, cry more because an enchanter needs 8 Large Brilliant Shards + Eternal Essence to make a Runed Arcanite and Runed Fel Iron Rod and they can get them from the gear that drops in BRD while you cry about not being able to profit from it because anyone who makes bank knows these materials sell extremely well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Except you're not giving mats to anyone. They were never your mats to begin with. There's an equal chance that he would get all the mats. You lose absolutely nothing when someone "uses" your DE.
    You know what my name is on? The corpse that the skinner skins and doesn't give me the skins from. It clearly says "Loot: You", all of the loot from that unit belongs to me.

    As soon as everyone in a group has to share their profession's mats, I will be more than happy to agree with you.

    Most of the people who come to you to get an enchant use their own materials that they got from.... DE button in dungeons.
    Speak for yourself. Before I leveled enchanting myself, I bought my mats from the auction house and justice/honor points vendors. I actually just bought 2 stacks of Greater Celestial Essence! I do get some from group DE, but I've never gotten angry or upset with an enchanter who took gear no one needed for their current spec.

    My god, enchanters are like the biggest whingers right now.
    "Whinging" would suggest that they are begging or pleading with you to conform. You are the ones who are begging and pleading with them to conform. You will conform, or you won't play with them, it is as simple as that.

    You are in a group of 5/10/25 people
    I think it would be fair to say that this problem is exclusive to 5 mans almost entirely. If you are in a guild hosted group, they will usually put the shards in their bank so that their players can benefit from them, which is fine - because these people will be working towards contributing to a common goal, which does benefit me.

  11. #51
    Theres a pretty key disconnect in this thread that is really the heart of the matter imo.

    Yes the other 4/9/24 people in the group helped you kill whatever it is that dropped the item. Yes they should all be entitled to their fair roll on the item.

    The crucial distinction that people are failing to see is that the item is not the shard/crystal. Your groupmates have a right to roll on the item. They should have absolutely zero claim to the shard/crystal unless you choose to disenchant it for them.

    Thats far more than just a semantic distinction, and its really easy to demonstrate this. Simply imagine what happens if the enchanter isn't in the group. The party still has a chance to roll on the loot that they've earned, but they have no opportunity to get the shard. Thats what the enchanter brings to the table via his/her profession. And they should have the right to control that profession since its their ability that they've leveled.

    You can argue that its a dick move to voluntarily not DE for a group and that asking for the ability to refuse is selfish. Maybe. But until I get a feature that lets me use someones BS/JC/Tailoring/LW/Eng without their consent just by clicking on them, this is a pretty strong double standard. Its not a huge deal, but its a legitimate complaint.

  12. #52
    an option to toggle DEing for the group would be the most logical solution. toggle it off and nobody but me knows i'm an enchanter. toggle it on, and the de button is present. this might be too hard to code though :\

  13. #53
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,747
    plus i doubt they would do it anyway. it does seem wasteful when you can just tell people you took something for transmog and DE it after you leave so that they won't throw a world-class bitchfit.

  14. #54
    Did not read everything here so I'm sorry if someone already said this, How about they give a reward of some type for each dungeon you group DE for? Does not have to be much but it would add up the more you do, Say a bag with some enchant mats or something each time

  15. #55
    Keyboard Turner kashal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    6
    Maybe they should always activate the DE button then, even if there is no enchanter in the group?

    You are not disenchanting anything, the game does it automatically, your presence make it only possible. I don't think the "x has been disenchanted by Y" was here at first ? It is just here to thank the player who provide the ability to the group.

  16. #56
    fact of the matter is right now, with tailoring, you get bonus cloth from humanoid mobs in cata areas (not only dungeons). and guess what? if you are the only tailor in a group you can loot someone elses corpse after they have and get a few extra cloth! The whole group does not benefit from this, nor can they complain about it because it is a tailor only ability. Yet enchanters HAVE to share their skill and get no bonus from it whatsoever.

    TLDR Tailor = "here is some free cloth" Enchanter = "disenchant stuff for a grp, no bonus though"
    I see Stupid people!

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake
    I think it would be fair to say that this problem is exclusive to 5 mans almost entirely. If you are in a guild hosted group, they will usually put the shards in their bank so that their players can benefit from them, which is fine - because these people will be working towards contributing to a common goal, which does benefit me.
    It's not exclusive to 5mans because not all people run only in guild groups. And as a sidenote, nobody cares if it benefits you or not when it comes to DE mats from a boss you had help from several other people to kill. Now, if you killed the boss all by yourself then you should be entitled to getting everything from him. It's not just you in the group, but several others too.
    Last edited by Cariboulou; 2012-07-12 at 06:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    You know what my name is on? The corpse that the skinner skins and doesn't give me the skins from. It clearly says "Loot: You", all of the loot from that unit belongs to me.

    As soon as everyone in a group has to share their profession's mats, I will be more than happy to agree with you.
    Why don't people get this, skinning/mining/herbing is simply a gathering profession, that's all it does. They don't allow you to craft anything for others, it simply allows you to gather raw materials, hence a gathering profession. You are GIVEN your gathering as part of your profession. Your bonus is that. You are able to get materials for your profession without taking a gathering profession that gives a vastly inferior bonus. That leaves you able to either take another crafting profession for another bonus, or a gathering profession that will simply make you money. Enchanting is still the best money making profession in the game, stop whining about a convenience they put in groups. Your de button allows for more enchanting materials in realms, which means mats aren't super expensive therefore making it easier for people to gather materials to gets enchants and for enchanters to put up scrolls on the ah at high prices and make a huge profit.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I keep seeing this come up with enchanters. I mean yeah its selfish but no other profession is forced to share.
    No other profession gains additional crafting material through group effort. See, I just turned your world upside down.

    I actually can't believe this is even being discussed. I'm shocked that there actually ARE two opinions on this, as this thread alone proves. It just shows how people can and will be miserable or will complain no matter how de facto nonsensical their whole point is.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2012-07-12 at 07:10 AM.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Azthic View Post
    As do I. Saves me the trouble of trading for their mats, crafting the thing, and then trading it back. That actually sounds pretty dang great when I think about it.
    I don't know about you, but I LIKE to make money on my professions that I spent so much to level.

    Do we all craft everything for free? No, it's a service (most people) charge for. Why should enchanters have to provide their service free? They could be charging for it. One could very well say, in trade, "Disenchanting items for x gold per item". But that's not possible, because of the DE feature, such a use of enchanter's service is not necessary. That's the problem.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 07:15 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Enchanter here.

    Those other four people helped me get the item. I think they deserve a fair roll on the shard.
    Correction

    "Those other four people helped me get the item. I think they deserve a fair roll on the item."

    No one is entitled to the processing of the item. It's like seeing a bunch of Ore drop off of a boss, then the party deciding they are entitled to a piece of BS gear instead.

    They are only entitled to the ITEM, not the processing of it.
    Last edited by Seegtease; 2012-07-12 at 07:16 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •