Page 1 of 30
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    The Disenchant Button

    Imagine this scenario
    "Gringgotts disenchanted item x for the group"

    What? Maybe I didn't want to disenchant it for that guy.

    I think the disenchant button should be exclusive to enchanters, what are your thoughts?

    Side note: Would love to be able to disenchant items in the "will not be traded window".
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

  2. #2
    Pretty selfish attitude ^_^

  3. #3
    I keep seeing this come up with enchanters. I mean yeah its selfish but no other profession is forced to share. So I guess a option to opt out of enchanting for the group isn't to much to ask for.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I keep seeing this come up with enchanters. I mean yeah its selfish but no other profession is forced to share. So I guess a option to opt out of enchanting for the group isn't to much to ask for.
    Or at least give enchanters a small roll bonus (10-15 maybe).

  5. #5
    Yes, after all to do the disenchant they have to ...... wait.... they have to do Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Give them a roll bonus that equals what they had to do for the item to be disenchanted. A big, fat, round 0.

    I have 2 max enchanters btw, 1 on each account and have never quite seen why enchanters weep and wail over this

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I keep seeing this come up with enchanters. I mean yeah its selfish but no other profession is forced to share. So I guess a option to opt out of enchanting for the group isn't to much to ask for.
    No other profession has the ability to take an item that the entire group has worked to obtain and then make it into something that is valuable to sell or able to be used to improve gear.


  7. #7
    Brewmaster Playintrafic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    1,285
    Enchanters should get a +100 roll bonus IMO. If I roll disenchant, I, the enchanter should benefiet before anyone else in the group. Instances with mining nodes, herbs, and skinnable creatures don't have a feature for the mining node to be mined for the group. If a miner is present he gets that node for himself.

    So yeah, if you want your enchanting materials roll an enchanter, or stfu.

  8. #8
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I keep seeing this come up with enchanters. I mean yeah its selfish but no other profession is forced to share. So I guess a option to opt out of enchanting for the group isn't to much to ask for.
    "Forced to share" is apples to oranges.

    It's putting surplus/excess/unused items up to a simple Greed OR Disenchant option. It wasn't previously if any items were unused they went to/between xy disenchanters in groups and are now forced to share.

    And even on that topic, they have their gathering and crafting profession folded into one. So you know what? Remove Disenchanting from Enchanting if that's going to be the case! Have Disenchanting be it's own gathering profession and Enchanting it's own standalone crafting profession.


    What's required from a Disenchanter to complete such a task?

    Nothing. At All.

    It's not like you have to go ahead go run over to a node, collect from it, find out how much you got, split the stacks, and trade it out. No. It's a streamlined STUPID SIMPLE system which allows loot to go elsewhere other than vendors.


    There is no reason why an Enchanter should be able to get a bonus or benefit to rolls, they already have the benefit of being able to disenchant any and all of their gear.


    Stop being selfish.

    -A Fellow Enchanter

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 02:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Enchanters should get a +100 roll bonus IMO. If I roll disenchant, I, the enchanter should benefiet before anyone else in the group. Instances with mining nodes, herbs, and skinnable creatures don't have a feature for the mining node to be mined for the group. If a miner is present he gets that node for himself.

    So yeah, if you want your enchanting materials roll an enchanter, or stfu.
    Once again, why should you prioritize like this? Enchanting isn't Slot 1 Profession: Enchanting - Slot 2 Profession: Disenchanting

    It's Slot 1 Profession Enchanting/Disenchanting - Slot 2 Profession: Whatever the hell else.


    Now if Enchanters all got a roll bonus for the Disenchant option, why would ANYONE ever choose it? It would mean that ALL surplus loot would go to the Enchanter, and none for the rest of the group. That would create a broken and uneven system. People would resort back to just Greeding. It'd only be fair then if everyone who's non-enchanting to get a +100 roll on greed over Enchanters.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-07-12 at 02:04 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  9. #9
    as an enchanter, i do not care because i don't have to open trade to de the item.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    No other profession has the ability to take an item that the entire group has worked to obtain and then make it into something that is valuable to sell or able to be used to improve gear.
    What? Who said the Enchanter automatically gets the item. Crazy assumption. Never understood the notion that people should suddenly deserve to have BoP disenchanted for them if they weren't enchanters, when that was never the case beforehand. I never really minded it, and I de'd items all the time without asking for tips, but at the time I would have liked to have had an option to roll on ore's that were taken inside the dungeons after that came out.

  11. #11
    I think only enchanters should have the disenchant button. The game assumes I would disenchant the vendor trash for my fellow player, but what if that player made my LFD or LFR hell?
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

  12. #12
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    but at the time I would have liked to have had an option to roll on ore's that were taken inside the dungeons after that came out.
    Apples and Oranges. Mining is a gathering profession on it's own. Disenchanting is a Gathering/Crafting in one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringgotts View Post
    I think only enchanters should have the disenchant button. The game assumes I would disenchant the vendor trash for my fellow player, but what if that player made my LFD or LFR hell?

    Once again. It takes NO effort on your part in the end for this to happen.

    It requires NOTHING extra out of you. So what if they made your LFD or LFR hell? Not like you have to go out of you way to do this extra bit for you. Blizzard covered that base and FULLY automated it.

    Once again, to want to remove this automated system would otherwise be selfish.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  13. #13
    Why does it matter whether or not other people in the group can disenchant an item due to the presence of an enchanter? They're just getting mats for you to make stuff with.

  14. #14
    Most of my characters are enchanters, specifically so I can DE shit in instances. And I do not give a single fuck if other people are able to use my ability to DE things. Stop thinking so selfishly ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    No other profession has the ability to take an item that the entire group has worked to obtain and then make it into something that is valuable to sell or able to be used to improve gear.
    So you helped level that persons enchanting and worked on that trade skill? This line of reasoning is just hogwash. You actively choose not to pick enchanting as a trade skill and you will have to face the results of not picking it. When it a group you don't auto roll on anything skinned, mined, or herbed so this type of argument also falls flat. Lets not pretend here. The reason why non-enchanters won't easy access to the enchanting mats is because of the gold involved in trading them. No one cries over herbs, ore, or skins obtained in a group because they are worth as much to them as an enchants mats are. Not to mention the extra cloth drops Tailors get from humanoids that can be very lucrative as well that no one demands a right too.

    At this point the feature won't be remove however. But Enchanters should get something even if its an "extra" item for taking the time/effort to level up the skill and have to get mats from the Auction house that others then profit from with 0 investment into the profession. The reason why it is a flawed system is because the enchanter gets nothing for offering the "public service" and the public gets everything out of the deal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Once again. It takes NO effort on your part in the end for this to happen.

    It requires NOTHING extra out of you. So what if they made your LFD or LFR hell? Not like you have to go out of you way to do this extra bit for you. Blizzard covered that base and FULLY automated it.

    Once again, to want to remove this automated system would otherwise be selfish.
    It required leveling a pain in the ass profession to max.

    But let's see. Maybe 1) I want less enchanting mats in circulation so I can sell mine for more, or 2) Maybe I want to be able to offer my services to people as a disenchanter for a small fee.

    It's not selfish for one to want to keep their professions to themselves. If they want the service, they can pay for it.

    Is it selfish for me to not let random people come and sleep on my couch? It doesn't hurt me any. Why should they have to go and pay a rent when they could just sleep on my couch? I shouldn't be so selfish.

    No, the reality is, they need to pay their own rent for a place to sleep. Just like they need to pay their own fees to use the service that you grinded so hard to max out. Whether or not it "inconveniences" you is irrelevant, and I've provided good reasons to deny the service already.

    What they need is options. One option to disable disenchanting altogether, and another option to charge a fee (of your choice) for people to use the automated service.

  17. #17
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    There is no reason why an Enchanter should be able to get a bonus or benefit to rolls, they already have the benefit of being able to disenchant any and all of their gear.

    Stop being selfish.
    So if the enchanter shouldn't get a bonus after having leveled enchanting up to the required skills to disenchant those items, why should a person that hasn't leveled enchanting at all get a bonus? Because turning an item with a 5 gold vendor price into a 100g enchanting mat is a huge bonus.

    Why is it a right that non-enchanters get that bonus, but it is selfish for enchanters to ask for some sort of bonus beyond what those that don't have any skill in the profession get?

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 11:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    It'd only be fair then if everyone who's non-enchanting to get a +100 roll on greed over Enchanters.
    Why should everyone get the benfits of a profession they didn't pick? It has nothing to do with it being a gathering and crafting profession in one. Jewelcrafting, Inscription, and Tailoring are all such things (Prospecting, Millining, and Cloth Scavenging (bonus to cloth from humanoids)) are all similar to enchanting being a gathering and crafting profession.

    A person that isn't an enchanter only has a right to the gold one would get from vendoring an item. Just because someone else can turn an item into something else doesn't mean they have a right to any of that. If you greed an item then purchase another item with the gold shouldn't I get a chance to roll on that second item? After all I helped you get the item you sold.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #18
    Yeah, I know it's kind of wacky that people are calling enchanters selfish for wanting to disable this feature, while they say, "I don't want to level enchanting, I'd rather other people do it for me so I can leech their feature in dungeons." What's really selfish, here?

    Everybody thinks they are entitled to having those mats, but they aren't entitled. If they want them, they need to pay for the service or level it themselves, like they'd have to with any other profession.

    How would you like it if someone could walk up to you, if you maxed something like blacksmithing, and open up a window labeled "Use Player's Professions" and craft whatever they wanted so long as they used their own mats? Would you all be okay with that?

  19. #19
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Apples and Oranges. Mining is a gathering profession on it's own. Disenchanting is a Gathering/Crafting in one.
    That is irrelevant because anyone can still pick up enchanting and get that benefit. But those that choose not to don't have a right to it. The disenchant option for an enchanter should be equal to the greed roll of everyone else, which is the way disenchanting works now for the group. So everyone in the group gets exactly what they enabled their character to get.

    If you have a group with two enchanters the two enchanters can roll disenchant vs the other 3's greed rolls. As all the non-enchanters have a right to for defeating that creature is the item the creature gives. And not the item that someone can turn the first item into.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-07-12 at 04:44 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That is irrelevant because anyone can still pick up enchanting and get that benefit. But those that choose not to don't have a right to it. The disenchant option for an enchanter should be equal to the greed roll of everyone else, which is the way disenchanting works now for the group. So everyone in the group gets exactly what they enabled their character to get.

    If you have a group with two enchanters the two enchanters can roll disenchant vs the other 3's greed rolls. As all the non-enchanters have a right to for defeating that creature is the item the creature gives. And not the item that someone can turn the first item into.
    Yeah, it's like being able to use somebody's "mill" or "prospect" feature whenever you wanted. Oh, I got some spare ore, and I'd like some gems. Free prospect button please?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •