Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Yeah, but they weren't doing it with the greens.
    No one with half a brain would roll DE on BoE greens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Everyone has an enchanter available though. In the form of a friend or the ability to level one. Now they just get to skip the step of using the mail box. Horrible isn't it that Blizzard tries to save everyone some time.
    So because everyone has an alt with X profession you don't ever charge them to use your professions? So because you have enchanting on a another character you deserve the benefits of enchanting on all characters? Just because? Do I get to pick a node with your skill when in a group just because I have another character that is an herbalist? Do I get to prospect with your skill just because I have an alt that is a jeweler? Do I get to skin with your skill just because I have an alt that is a skinner?

I don't get to? Then why is enchanting so special that you get to use it just because you have an alt or a friend of your sisters uncle's cousins boyfriend that knows enchanting?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't make enough just from quests to fully level enchanting. Not to mention you lose out on that extra vendor gold which can add up. Quest rewards are soulbound as well so its not like you can just level an alt and send them to help out the enchanter. Also the mats required to level enchanting is comparable to other professions:

460 x Hypnotic Dust
    30 x Lesser Celestial Essence
    75 x Greater Celestial Essence
    5 x [Elixir's of Impossible Accuracy]
    8 x Heavenly Shard
    1 x Elementium Rod
    5 x Maelstrom Crystal

How does a leather worker have no reliable way to farm Volatiles? They are a item that drops regardless of profession. Leather workers do not have their attack skills removed when they learn leather working. If you can get all of those mats with out interrupting (or barely) your leveling flow the kudos to you. It is a lot easier now then at the start because of the flood of mats on the Auction House. But the same is true for every profession.
    It's true that leatherworkers, via skinning, do not have a reliable source of volatiles, yet they need them just as much. The bloated stomachs are few and far between, and carry 1-2 in each. I can get a TON of volatiles while mining, and if I'm an engineer, throw airs into the mix, as well. But a leatherworker can't take mining, because not having skinning is just... crippling, with the price of leather being what it is.

Leatherworking and Tailoring are easiest the biggest PITAs to level. Alchemy, Jewelcrafting, Engineering, and Inscription are royal jokes (especially inscription since they did the multi skill-ups with ALL levels). Blacksmithing and Enchanting are moderate at difficulty (I include Blacksmithing because mining is really friggin' fast and finding good routes is easy, and nodes are packed with ore).

LW and Tailoring are the worst because with LW you have to KILL a mob every time you need a mat, and you only get ONE mat per kill, 2 if you're very lucky, and at some levels, you need 10-20 kills per SINGLE SKILL UP. Tailoring is a pain because there's no reliable way to farm it outside of the normal killing and dungeons. Luckily, they alleviated a lot of that with the cloth bonuses in nothrend and cata, but it's still absurd how much cloth you need.

So because everyone has an alt with X profession you don't ever charge them to use your professions? So because you have enchanting on a another character you deserve the benefits of enchanting on all characters? Just because? Do I get to pick a node with your skill when in a group just because I have another character that is an herbalist? Do I get to prospect with your skill just because I have an alt that is a jeweler? Do I get to skin with your skill just because I have an alt that is a skinner?

I don't get to? Then why is enchanting so special that you get to use it just because you have an alt or a friend of your sisters uncle's cousins boyfriend that knows enchanting?
    Mining nodes and Herbalism nodes aren't in dungeons anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Everybody rolls DE on everything. What you smoking?

This is another thing I hate about the DE function. Before it, when I was leveling a new toon, or on another server, I could trust the AH would be stocked with useful greens if I needed an upgrade for a certain slot. Now, as far as greens go, the auction house is a barren wasteland, because everybody disenchants everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mining nodes and Herbalism nodes aren't in dungeons anymore.
    The disenchant roll option isn't instance only. It works as long as an enchanter is in your group regardless of the zone the enchanter is in. So you could have an enchanter in SW while you farm in Deepholm and get benefit of the disenchant. If the current system isn't flawed then it should apply to every profession. And allow use of gathering of every profession.

The thing is that most enchanters want the convenience of the disenchant roll. They just want something in return for providing that service with their skill since they have no say in the matter. An ability, like northrend cloth scavenging, that provides a chance for a proc every time an enchanter disenchants would pretty much solve most enchants problems with the system.

Its not that enchanters are selfish, entitled, or greedy. It is just that they want something in return for the time spent leveling their profession when part of their profession is "whored" out to every one and allowing them to profit off of a profession they didn't level.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-07-13 at 04:36 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

1. So because everyone has an alt with X profession you don't ever charge them to use your professions? 2. So because you have enchanting on a another character you deserve the benefits of enchanting on all characters? Just because? 3. Do I get to pick a node with your skill when in a group just because I have another character that is an herbalist? 4. Do I get to prospect with your skill just because I have an alt that is a jeweler? 5. Do I get to skin with your skill just because I have an alt that is a skinner?

1. I don't charge for prospecting, milling, DEing, or smelting if I am currently not doing anything. If I am mail them to me and I will do them when I have time.
    2. I wasn't aware that I was asking for the benefit of enchanting rings on all my characters, just the ability to save time by not mass mailing myself stuff.
    3. What herb nodes are there in Cata dungeons?
    4. If we were grouped and not doing anything I don't see how you pressing a button repeatedly takes away form my time so sure.
    5. Once again you are not always guaranteed a skinnable mob in LFD yet you are always guaranteed a piece of gear will drop that can be DE'd. These two are not the same. But yes I wish they would drop skinning as a gathering prof or at least add another profession that uses it other than LW but that's a case for another thread another day.
    6. I'm not using enchanting I'm just saving some time.

I don't get why you want people to have to take longer, yourself included, waiting to DE an item that would eventually be DE'd anyways. If it's because it says it used your skill to DE it then why not just ask for Blizzard to remove that or ask DE be removed from enchanting and just be a feature implemented into an npc or the UI.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 04:32 AM ----------

The disenchant roll option isn't instance only. It works as long as an enchanter is in your group regardless of the zone the enchanter is in. So you could have an enchanter in SW while you farm in Deepholm and get benefit of the disenchant.
    That person who is letting you use their DE option more than likely would have DE'd the item for you anyways why make them and yourself spend more time doing it.

you're right, they'd lack the faculties to understand basic math and probably wouldn't even be able to realistically play with only have a brain.

Anyone with a full and functioning brain should eventually pick up on how much you can vendor/ah a random green versus the possible yield of dust/essence.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 04:37 AM ----------

That person who is letting you use their DE option more than likely would have DE'd the item for you anyways why make them and yourself spend more time doing it.

You seem to be under the impression that enchanters are letting you use the option like it's a choice on their part.

It isn't and it should be IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    5. Once again you are not always guaranteed a skinnable mob in LFD yet you are always guaranteed a piece of gear will drop that can be DE'd.
    If it is guaranteed then why isn't it available when no enchanter is the in the group or when no enchanter of sufficient skill level is in the group?

So why can't I use your herbing skill to pick herbs? You would likely go pick them for me. It just saves time that I can use your skill to gather from the nodes when we are grouped. Inside an instance or not since the Disenchant roll works outside of instances to you know.

If it is guaranteed then why isn't it available when no enchanter is the in the group or when no enchanter of sufficient skill level is in the group?

So why can't I use your herbing skill to pick herbs? You would likely go pick them for me. It just saves time that I can use your skill to gather from the nodes when we are grouped. Inside an instance or not since the Disenchant roll works outside of instances to you know.
    Why would I pick them for you? Did you help me kill the mob that dropped an item that could be turned into an herb?

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    I personally enjoyed it because I didn't have to have an enchanter and I could leech off of whichever enchanter was in the dungeon. Made my life easier
    This is a perfect example of why many enchanters are frustrated.

And non-enchanters say enchanters act "entitled."

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    You seem to be under the impression that enchanters are letting you use the option like it's a choice on their part.

It isn't and it should be IMO.
    You seem to be under the impression they killed that mob by themselves.

They didn't but if they want to bitch about who gets its rewards they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringgotts View Post
    Imagine this scenario
    "Gringgotts disenchanted item x for the group"

What? Maybe I didn't want to disenchant it for that guy.

I think the disenchant button should be exclusive to enchanters, what are your thoughts?

Side note: Would love to be able to disenchant items in the "will not be traded window".
    no because without that group of players you wouldnt have the items to disenchant

10+ Year Old Account
    460 x Hypnotic Dust
    30 x Lesser Celestial Essence
    75 x Greater Celestial Essence
    5 x [Elixir's of Impossible Accuracy]
    8 x Heavenly Shard
    1 x Elementium Rod
    5 x Maelstrom Crystal
    Why use Cata mats as an example? WOTLK you need 600 Dust.

never again

never

I will punch myself in the testicles for 5 minutes nonstop before I level enchanting again after dropping it and learning it again so many times. I think I would cry if I felt like dropping it again, I have all the goddamn enchants in the game besides advanced herbalism -__________-

You seem to be under the impression they killed that mob by themselves.

They didn't but if they want to bitch about who gets its rewards they can.
    I have yet to say the don't deserve the loot from the kill... I HAVE said they don't deserve the right to utilize my profession skill to reap some benefit from the loot of the kill.

Ok ok ok this has gone on long enough.

SO:

Case example, enchanters are given this choice as to whether they DE or not for the group. Item drops chanter says "I'm not DE'ing that level it yourself if you want access to DEing stuff"* What do you think the reaction to that would be. I can't imagine the healers casting heals on said "team" player, etc. Isn't there enough drama in LFD without the enchanters feeling entitled to deny the group access to one of thier abilities.

I'm kinda tired of arguing back and forth, the sensible enchanters know how much MORE money they can make these days with it in place. The dumb ones will complain they're missing out on some mythical "mats market" gold (because yaknow, ppl trade in chanting mats simply for the fun of it, no one uses those things) and not adapt to making tonnes of gold out of enchanting**. Can we drop it now, this thread seems to be attracting new blood to argue with Maggie

*Which is what people seem to be asking for right?

**Has been expained oh, way back around page 10 maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Enchanters should get a +100 roll bonus IMO. If I roll disenchant, I, the enchanter should benefiet before anyone else in the group. Instances with mining nodes, herbs, and skinnable creatures don't have a feature for the mining node to be mined for the group. If a miner is present he gets that node for himself.

So yeah, if you want your enchanting materials roll an enchanter, or stfu.
    But that's not fair at all. Why should you get any type of roll bonus? Everyone in the group worked for the item so everyone in the group should get a fair chance at obtaining it, regardless of the presence of an enchanter.

According to you, enchanters are entitled to every piece of trash that drops because they have the ability to make it into something more valuable than a 5g vendor price. If you roll disenchant, why should you benefit any more than the guy who just rolls greed?

I have yet to say the don't deserve the loot from the kill... I HAVE said they don't deserve the right to utilize my profession skill to reap some benefit from the loot of the kill.
    On that logic you don't deserve the rights to utilize my 50k DpS in your group, you're entitled to the 10k DpS you could have gotten if I hadn't invested time and gold gearing up my toon. If you want access to it just level it yourself. The other 40k you can tip me for at the end of the run. (Trololol etc. etc. etc.)
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    On that logic you don't deserve the rights to utilize my 50k DpS in your group, you're entitled to the 10k DpS you could have gotten. the other 40k you can tip me for at the end of the run. (Trololol etc. etc. etc.)
    nice try but DPS isn't a trained profession, nor is it something that can be bartered for (you guys are everywhere anyways). Your bargaining position isn't solid when you are one of at least 7 million and the content we're clearing by no means requires that level.

nice try but DPS isn't a trained profession, nor is it something that can be bartered for (you guys are everywhere anyways). Your bargaining position isn't solid when you are one of at least 7 million and the content we're clearing by no means requires that level.
    Pfft when its DpS on my level its trained booya!

Yes its a retarded argument. It was an homage to all the great logic the enchanters have coughed up over the last 20 pages Someone nearly went down the "hurrdurr you don't DE then I don't heal" line a few pages back xD

FYI Enchanters are everywhere too