Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    I think they should just make the disenchant button available in any dungeon regardless if there's an enchanter. Then the enchanters wouldn't whine about using their profession. ;-) And yeah, I have a max level enchanter, and love the button for getting mats when on my alts and for not having to manually d/e everything. Saves time, trouble, and aggravation, and keeps a constant supply of mats going into the economy. Sharding was never where the money was in chanting anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I see is:

1) if it wasn't for the group, u wouldn't be able to kill the mob that was carrying the item for u to disenchant. No other profession requires/benefits from group effort in such a large scale (well, maybe tailoring does a little). It's almost impossible that u run a dungeon without winning nothing and disenchant for yourself.

2) to ppl who are comparing the mining nodes, herb nodes or leather and not having the option to share those: the huge majority of dungeons DO NOT have those mats in considerable quantities. The drop rate of blues and greens is much higher than the available gathered items. I honestly can't think of a dungeon in wich I entered and went "Whooooaaaa, profession-leveling-time, profit-time", no. Nodes are rare and often a lot of mobs roam the spot, saying the least of it. With some exceptions, most dungeons are filled with elementals and humanoids, wich means NO LEATHER FOR U, MISTER.

3) ores and herbs and leather are outthere in the world, u have to search maps over and over until u get them at your needed level, with almost NO advantage at all. Simple grinding. Not doing anything interesting, just hunting dots in the map for a long time. An anything-dust does NOT require this extra effort, u acquire them by playing normally. I know u sometimes need to run a lot of dungeons until u get your ench. mats done, but in the meeanwhile u DO have advantages: it's more fun because groups vary in playstyle, wich makes each run unique and different in a certain way; u get other mats, trash items u will sell, better gear, achievements, u can maybe complete a quest u couldn't in the last group, etc.

So... do u think blizz crew woke up one day and decided to make ench mats available just for the nerf of it? No, there are several reasons, I could only think of those 3, but maybe u can come up with 1 or 2 more.
    Last edited by mekatron; 2012-08-17 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekatron View Post
    What I see is:

1) if it wasn't for the group, u wouldn't be able to kill the mob that was carrying the item for u to disenchant. No other profession requires/benefits from group effort in such a large scale (well, maybe tailoring does a little). It's almost impossible that u run a dungeon without winning nothing and disenchant for yourself.
    Correct, and as such they are all equally entitled to the item dropped. They are NOT, however, equally entitled to disenchant. Having your enchanting skill high enough to disenchant was not a "group effort", only the kill was. Thus, they are only entitled to the loot. Why is this hard to get for people?
    Last edited by Seegtease; 2012-08-17 at 11:05 PM.

You want enchanting mats? Get on your enchanter and farm just like every other profession.

No, you didnt earn the shards/dust, you earned the item. Disenchanting the item should be up to me, the enchanter.

And i say no. Its my profession i leveled, and i dont want everyone who hasnt leveled enchanting (or currently on their enchanter) in my market.

The current system is bullshit.

Seriously, is this discussion still going on?

You know that if you don't want to be able to D/E items for other people you can leave your wand at home. If you really are that selfish!
    You also know that in the good old days it was common for an enchanter (and the rest of the people you ran a dungeon with), to spend about 10 minutes disenchanting everybody their greens. As a fellow enchanter I prefer it this way! Much less of a hassle!

Old thread, but i still fel its a god given thing this DE button. Now me as an enchanter dont need to manually DE all items after the run and share the mats like happenened 9 out 10 times in wrath. now with upgrading enchanting mats its even less reason to be nagging about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Apples and Oranges. Mining is a gathering profession on it's own. Disenchanting is a Gathering/Crafting in one.

Once again. It takes NO effort on your part in the end for this to happen.

It requires NOTHING extra out of you. So what if they made your LFD or LFR hell? Not like you have to go out of you way to do this extra bit for you. Blizzard covered that base and FULLY automated it.

Once again, to want to remove this automated system would otherwise be selfish.
    It took me the effort to level it ?!?!
    You didn't level it, you benefit from 2 other profession slots, which i have ZERO benefit from...
    Miners/herbs don't share mined/gathered nodes within a dungeon, how is that different ?

And the argument but "ohh its 2 professions baked into one"... ok, smelting should be removed ? Cant remember the equal for herbers...

I really don't care, but the attitude of you somehow being entitled to the benefits i choose to get/lvl for, is just stupid beyond belief...

Edits, whooops, ohh well, atleast i didnt necro it...
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2012-11-21 at 05:18 PM.

Deleted
    The major problem with this is, it creates a huge surplus of enchanting materials lowering the value of them causing the enchanting profession to be less valuable.

They should just remove disenchanting completely. Have enchanting mats drop off mobs like cloth does (with extra drops for enchanters, like extra cloth for tailors). Give the mats a vendor price so that those who dont care can clean out their inventory normally (you can just vendor cloth, after all).

Non-Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    The major problem with this is, it creates a huge surplus of enchanting materials lowering the value of them causing the enchanting profession to be less valuable.
    This is in no way accurate, as the loot was almost always DE'd at the end of the run by the enchanter and passed out anyway. All the button does is saves time by automating the process.

Enchanting is the only profession with a lock on both the materials AND the crafted item. No other single profession has this. And after having been in place for 3 years now, with this exact same discussion going on and the same arguments against it being used, it is safe to say that Blizzard has weighed such arguments and decided they did not warrant the removal of the feature. It's popularity among the players also likely factors in heavily to the decision.

At this point, the most I see happening as a result of people complaining about being "forced" to use part of their profession is that Blizzard will simply remove the DE part of enchanting, make the button always appear in groups, and add another etherial next to the Transmog guy that DE's any item you want (for a small fee of course )
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

I can see both side of the issue, but in the end I side more with people that want to keep the button. Enchanting has two major advantages over other professions.

One, it counts as both a crafting profession and a gathering profession, as the ability to make your materials is built directly into profession. This means you could take something like mining and herbalism and just get pure sale profit on that while also selling enchants.

Second, enchanting is probably the only profession that has 100% usage no matter what tier you are in. With most of the professions, you reach a tier where the items you craft are no longer very good for you, and thus the only remaining boon is the random little bonus you can get like BS extra sockets or the LW pants/bracer personal enchants. (they sometimes add another set of recipes, but not often it feels like)

Enchanting, people are always going to need to fill out those missing enchants on the gear their own professions don't cover, whether blues or BiS. Maybe Jewelcrafting and Alchemy come close after that, but both of those have to rely on other professions to maximize, going back to the first point.

There are actually other reasons, but these are the largest for me agreeing with the button. Other players need a way to get enchant materials because they NEED enchants. This is not like ore or herbs, where requiring them to be handed out randomly to the non-miners usually means they are just going to be thrown on the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Seriously, is this discussion still going on?

You know that if you don't want to be able to D/E items for other people you can leave your wand at home. If you really are that selfish!
    You also know that in the good old days it was common for an enchanter (and the rest of the people you ran a dungeon with), to spend about 10 minutes disenchanting everybody their greens. As a fellow enchanter I prefer it this way! Much less of a hassle!
    Wrong. Button works whether or not you have a rod.