Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    A lot of people would die for nothing.
    you mean like 9/11? like the "war on terror"? lots of people have died for nothing. doesn't mean we can't make our leaders die for something.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyflop View Post
    you mean like 9/11? like the "war on terror"? lots of people have died for nothing. doesn't mean we can't make our leaders die for something.
    It's kind of sad that people actually think this.

What did 9/11 accomplish? How did it further their cause one bit? Pissing off a government with a large military and the will to use it generally doesn't end well.

government has nothing to do with our basic needs. those are companies owned and operated by citizens for profits.
    Who's going to force me to pay for them? Who's going to pay me? Who's going to stop me taking someone elses? You think a garbage collector is going to continue doing his job when nobody pays him, and the money isn't worth the paper it's printed on? Or a police officer? Every public sector worker would be out of work. Tens of millions of people with no job, no income. You think they want that? You think they'll agree that they're better off? You think they won't take what you have, if it's the only thing standing between them and starvation?What's to stop the power companies from charging a million dollars to turn on a single lightbulb? What's to stop me from taking over that power plant? Who is going to stop anyone from doing and taking anything they can or want?

They're not companies owned and operated by citizens. They're companies owned by very wealthy individuals who have no desire to change the status quo. Hell, those very people do all they can to rip off the average citizen as much as possible within the law (and sometimes beyond it) when there is a chance they could be punished. How do you think they'll act when you take away that chance of punishment?

You cut off the head, and the snake dies. Except, the snake isn't a corrupt government. The snake is the entire fucking country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    It's kind of sad that people actually think this.
    yea it's sad that i believe in science which disproves a plane impact at the top of a building causes said building to collapse at free fall speed and leaves molten steel pools under rubble.

it may seem like "nothing" now, but when the war on terror was first announced I think most americans were enthused, we were goin after the guys who did this, doesnt seem like "nothing" to me

yea it's sad that i believe in science which disproves a plane impact at the top of a building causes said building to collapse at free fall speed and leaves molten steel pools under rubble.
    And there we go. Yeah, I'm done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    And there we go. Yeah, I'm done here.
    I have to hope it's just a troll. People really can't think that way, can they?

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Who's going to force me to pay for them? Who's going to pay me? Who's going to stop me taking someone elses? You think a garbage collector is going to continue doing his job when nobody pays him, and the money isn't worth the paper it's printed on? Or a police officer? Every public sector worker would be out of work. Tens of millions of people with no job, no income. You think they want that? You think they'll agree that they're better off? You think they won't take what you have, if it's the only thing standing between them and starvation?What's to stop the power companies from charging a million dollars to turn on a single lightbulb? What's to stop me from taking over that power plant? Who is going to stop anyone from doing and taking anything they can or want?

They're not companies owned and operated by citizens. They're companies owned by very wealthy individuals who have no desire to change the status quo. Hell, those very people do all they can to rip off the average citizen as much as possible within the law (and sometimes beyond it) when there is a chance they could be punished. How do you think they'll act when you take away that chance of punishment?

You cut off the head, and the snake dies. Except, the snake isn't a corrupt government. The snake is the entire fucking country.
    exactly. we need to get big business out of our government, and get real genuine people in power that actually care about the well being of our country and its citizens. not these rat bags that get paid big checks to push business.

Two quotes come to mind:

"History is determined by the victor"

"You change the world with rivers of blood"

One way or another, humanity has to grow out of that infantile idea that the only way to change things is by killing people.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should have thought about this before you paid the taxes for the US defense budget? A rebellion would have to be pretty much unanimous to keep the military out of it, and even then, it would be a civil war beyond what the first American Civil War ever reached. The US is just too integrated now to ever have such a rapid political change

Crackpot science from guys who passed high school biology really doesn't hold any credence.

exactly. we need to get big business out of our government, and get real genuine people in power that actually care about the well being of our country and its citizens. not these rat bags that get paid big checks to push business.
    yet these people continously hold government positions, they are elected by the american people, and some people wonder why the status quo is the way it is

10+ Year Old Account
    here is why you shouldn't watch The Dark Knight Rises

10+ Year Old Account
    So that then after sometime other big businesses get in the government?
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I have to hope it's just a troll. People really can't think that way, can they?
    I don't have a reason to believe that the government had insidious motives to destroy the buildings, but he's right as far as the collapse goes. There is enough evidence for there to be a debate. It looks as if there were thermite burns on some of pieces of scrap. The building fell as if it was being set off in a timed sequence. Anyone who know's some physics can tell you that it's entirely possible that they weren't taken down because of the plane impacts.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddycen View Post
    here is why you shouldn't watch The Dark Knight Rises
    is amazing what conspiracy nutjobs are coming up with these days.

What, and you think killing everyone in charge will accomplish that? No, it won't. Furthermore, who's going to train "the people" to operate those utility business? And what's to stop the new people in charge from fucking over everyone else, anyway?

You're idea is short-sighted. It's ridiculous. It's absolutely fucking stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    what do you think would happen if the american people got together to disband our political leaders? i feel like our country needs a huge overhaul. if thousands of people went and slaughtered our federal leaders what do you think would happen to the country? would it even be possible?
    I bet you think you're just the man to run this country too?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I don't have a reason to believe that the government had insidious motives to destroy the buildings, but he's right as far as the collapse goes. There is enough evidence for there to be a debate. It looks as if there were thermite burns on some of pieces of scrap. The building fell as if it was being set off in a timed sequence. Anyone who know's some physics can tell you that it's entirely possible that they weren't taken down because of the plane impacts.
    It's one thing to think that a government is withholding information. It's another thing entirely to think that a government would attack its own people.

what do you think would happen if the american people got together to disband our political leaders? i feel like our country needs a huge overhaul. if thousands of people went and slaughtered our federal leaders what do you think would happen to the country? would it even be possible?
    Go ahead and try. Keep us updated.