Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Slaughtering our leaders isn't a good idea. No one deserves to die...except terrorists lol. No matter how much I believe president xyz fucked up our country, I would never wish them to die. Thats a human life with a family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's one thing to think that a government is withholding information. It's another thing entirely to think that a government would attack its own people.
    The government has killed an innocent American without charge or trial (al-awlaki's son), but I digress. I personally believe that there is more to the story. I doubt that they were the ones behind it though.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 05:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Slaughtering our leaders isn't a good idea. No one deserves to die...except terrorists lol. No matter how much I believe president xyz fucked up our country, I would never wish them to die. Thats a human life with a family.
    "Terrorists" have families too. They all have their own reasons. Not everything is black and white. We could be considered terrorists by people who have had their lives unjustly (or justly) ruined by American interference (Yemen and the Contras for example).
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Our country is founded on the blood of the corrupt. If shit gets worse, and it will. Then it is only inevitable. Democracy is slowly eroding away in this country. There will be a final straw and history will repeat itself. The only difference now, we have a U.N. and super advance weaponry. That would only make it he worst tragedy in American history. America would rage like World War Hulk, to have foreign troops on American Soil fighting a battle against American civilian for our own rights.

Kinda of ironic.
    So, protest.

If the system is broken, exercise your right to complain about it. Raise awareness, find facts and spread them. You have freedom of speech, use it.

Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    I bet you think you're just the man to run this country too?
    you got me.
    but really, i couldn't harm an animal much less a human being. it was just a thought because i feel powerless in this election season.

For the large majority of Americans, the second they lose power and water, the "revolution" will be over. Looting will be rampant, violence will go off the charts and then the same people wanting the revolution will be asking for protection.

Meh it doesnt even matter really imo, not much will change regardless of who gets into office, just more bullshit from politicians mouth saying what the people want to be heard, and never really acting on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Doesn't the military serve the people, not the government?

It would depend on what the reason for revolution is, and to whom are the troops actually loyal with.
    The military serves the government. A random individual cannot order a soldier, while the president of the United States is the Commander in Chief, essentially meaning the supreme commander. By joining the military you agree to do whatever the President wishes you to do while in service. My bet is the military wouldn't betray the country.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

It would be hard to motivate and mobilize the populous. I would seriously rather see a peaceful movement in which the citizens across the political spectrum unite in solidarity to change the government and give it back to the people through grassroots movements and voting.

It's getting harder and harder to bring about major change in this country through democratic means. The elite have succeeded into turning the whole government and political system vastly in their favor. You can't bring change unless you have millions of dollars to effectively buy a candidate or legislature. Big business and government have become intertwined, with revolving doors, special interests, and the government pouring billions to trillions of dollars into big businesses or banks who have gotten so huge that they might collapse the economy if they were to fail.

Grassroots movements are dead. The system severely limits the power of third parties. We have democrats and republicans. Neither seriously serves the interests of the people. Yet we have this jingoist attitude for each side, where democrats and republicans will not cooperate, they will not listen to each other, and they will not even listen to facts if it goes against their beliefs or interests. This is persisted with apathy and propaganda to make people believe that the two parties are different. We essentially have a one-party system that is controlled by the elite.

When we have shit like this going on- http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...election-money , it's time to bring some change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyflop View Post
    yea it's sad that i believe in science which disproves a plane impact at the top of a building causes said building to collapse at free fall speed and leaves molten steel pools under rubble.
    Or the science that disproves the bullshit loose change came up with? http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...y/news/1227842

But I'm sure "Popular Mechanics" was paid for by the G-Men and whoever your source is is credible and unbiased.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    The military serves the government. A random individual cannot order a soldier, while the president of the United States is the Commander in Chief, essentially meaning the supreme commander. By joining the military you agree to do whatever the President wishes you to do while in service. My bet is the military wouldn't betray the country.
    Unless we have a John Sheridan among the ranks.

All true, but in the event an actual revolution were to occur, I think the US Military would sooner side with the rebels in all honesty, there would then be no bloodshed, who the rebels fight again then? You have to look at it this way, soldiers arent mindless creatures, they too have families, who Im sure are higher on their priority list than the corrupt government that sends them abroad. On the topic of talking about a revolution because of the way america is now, the soldiers too are the 99%, (how often do you hear of a rich person in the armed forces)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    The government has killed an innocent American without charge or trial (al-awlaki's son), but I digress. I personally believe that there is more to the story. I doubt that they were the ones behind it though.
    He wasnt innocent. He was wanted dead or alive in yemen where he was hiding, and I think you give up the right to be an american when you denounce your citizenship and start putting out pamphlets on killing americans.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 05:01 AM ----------

"Terrorists" have families too. They all have their own reasons. Not everything is black and white. We could be considered terrorists by people who have had their lives unjustly (or justly) ruined by American interference (Yemen and the Contras for example).
    Yes yes I KNEW someone would try and analyze my statement. But I'm PRETTY sure most people in the world wouldn't think twice if given the chance to kill Osama. (Yes I know he's already dead).

Deleted
    If you feel change is warranted, run for representation.

If you don't feel like running for representation, you don't really feel change is warranted.

But seriously: Going from sitting on your couch doing nothing, into full-on violent uprising, armed coup and bloody revolution?
    That is an ignorant and uninformed overlooking of the multitude of democratic options available to you.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyflop View Post
    you got me.
    but really, i couldn't harm an animal much less a human being. it was just a thought because i feel powerless in this election season.
    You aren'y powerless. Your one vote is your one vote.

What you REALLY mean is that you feel like no matter who is elected, what you envision in in terms of public policy for this country won't happen. There's a word for that: life.

You see, part of life, part of being an adult, is realizing that in no way shape or form will you get everything that you want. You're lucky to get maybe 20% of what you want in life. Dealing with that disappointment is part of being an adult. Only children think it's practical or realistic to get everything they want and "kick over the table" when they don't (i.e. 'in need of an overhaul').

So lets talk about power. You have your one vote, and I have my one vote. Let's say for arguments sake, I want politically the polar opposite of what you want. If there are more people who agree with me than with you, I win, you lose. My policy being law, yours becomes a failed initiative. Does that mean your powerless? No. That means your side lost fair and square.

And that's what it comes down to. You aren't powerless, but you aren't powerful. You have the one vote that you are entitled to. If you want to make an impact, you need to gain more support because by majority decision, does policy become law.

Here's something to feast on. According to Transparency International, the world's leading authority for research into government corruption, the US Government that you declare is "in need of an overhaul" through a bloody revolution is ranked among one of the least corrupt country's in the world. Just because money plays a role in electioneering and just because your one vote is no more significant than the other 120 million doesn't mean you're powerless... it means you're exactly as powerful as a citizen in this country is supposed to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    He wasnt innocent. He was wanted dead or alive in yemen where he was hiding, and I think you give up the right to be an american when you denounce your citizenship and start putting out pamphlets on killing americans.
    His son was innocent. There was no evidence linking him to any terrorist organizations. Al-Awlaki himself was likely guilty, but he still should've been given a trial and due process as an American citizen. The president is not a king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Not Available View Post
    All true, but in the event an actual revolution were to occur, I think the US Military would sooner side with the rebels in all honesty, there would then be no bloodshed, who the rebels fight again then? You have to look at it this way, soldiers arent mindless creatures, they too have families, who Im sure are higher on their priority list than the corrupt government that sends them abroad. On the topic of talking about a revolution because of the way america is now, the soldiers too are the 99%, (how often do you hear of a rich person in the armed forces)?
    That is assuming every single person in the military values their family family over the "corrupt" government. The government that trained them, pays them, often houses them, and advises them. And when you are in the armed forces the bonds you form with the men you are fighting alongside can be stronger than family.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    That is assuming every single person in the military values their family family over the "corrupt" government. The government that trained them, pays them, often houses them, and advises them. And when you are in the armed forces the bonds you form with the men you are fighting alongside can be stronger than family.
    It's insulting that you think so lowly of the individual cognition of our men and women in uniform. They aren't machines. Most of them can discern between right and wrong believe it or not. They swore an oath to the constitution and the people of the country, not to the elites. I have several veterans in my family and none of them would serve some suit over their family.

Well you got me there. I can neither confirm nor deny as I do not speak from personal experience, however the thought of one supporting a government on a corporate leash that benefits at the expense of the soldiers over a loving and caring family is a little nervewracking to me.