Voiced characters in GW2

I saw this GW2 Voice cast video on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/fi6MIMA2Jxw

and it's pretty epic.

What i'm wondering is, how are we going to be interacting with those characters (Logan, Rytlock, etc) in the game? Do we meet them in our personal stories? Does it depend on which race we choose to play? (So for example, should I play Charr to get the most of Steve Blum's voice xD)

At what level do these characters start appearing, and do they stay with us or are they some kind of NPCs that stand around in some capital city? (and occasionally participate in player's story progression)

Well, what would really be awesome is if we can actually PLAY a character with those voices ourselves... but i guess that's not the case, right?

You'll meet all of Destiny's Edge in your personal story, from level 1 for the one of your race. (Charr will see Rytlock, from level 1 for example)
    The other ones are speculated to meet up around level 30 due to the direction achievements take.

10+ Year Old Account
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi6MIMA2Jxw[/video]

Quote Originally Posted by ssambakd View Post
    I saw this GW2 Voice cast video on youtube:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fi6MIMA2Jxw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and it's pretty epic.

What i'm wondering is, how are we going to be interacting with those characters (Logan, Rytok, etc) in the game? Do we meet them in our personal stories? Does it depend on which race we choose to play? (So for example, should I play Charr to get the most of Steve Blum's voice xD)

At what level do these characters start appearing, and do they stay with us or are they some kind of NPCs that stand around in some capital city? (and occasionally participate in player's story progression)

Well, what would really be awesome is if we can actually PLAY a character with those voices ourselves... but i guess that's not the case, right?
    Rytlock is ALL OVER the Charr personal story. You don't get too much of him right away, but ~lvl15 or so, you get introduced to him, and you start seeing quite a bit more of him after that.

Later on, the personal stories of the different races merge to a degree, so you'll see everybody eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zojja has way better dialogue than Rylock

Asura tutorial spoiler for those avoiding it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troy Baker kinda reminds me of Guy Pierce.

I think I may have a mad crush O.o <3
    Valar morghulis

NOLAN NORTHHHHHHHH

The man is in every game. Seriously. And I'm totally alright with that. He's charming and actually super funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Troy Baker kinda reminds me of Guy Pierce.

I think I may have a mad crush O.o <3
    He still has the "I'M THE HERO AND WILL SAVE YOU" personality from Snow Villiers... ugh. You know, I almost was looking forward to his character, but not after Edge of Destiny.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I've watched this video like 10 times or so in the past week. They all do an awesome job, but Steve is def my favorite. My voice is pretty low compared to the majority when speaking normally, but geez his is like a whole other octave lower then mine lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Zojja has way better dialogue than Rylock

Asura tutorial spoiler for those avoiding it.
    I want to hate you for this, but I can't. I liked Felicia Day in Eureka too much.

Not to mention I actually like asura
    Last edited by Arkenaw; 2012-07-12 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    NOLAN NORTHHHHHHHH

The man is in every game. Seriously. And I'm totally alright with that. He's charming and actually super funny.
    I love Nolan North! <3 I was excited to hear that he would be in Guild Wars 2. I had no intentions on rolling a human character until I learned this. I am totally alright with him being in every game as well, because I dig his voice.

Steve Blum is pretty fuckin' awesome too. He is also in every game, but it's just as acceptable.

Weird why Eir's not in that vid. Odd..

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I love Nolan North! <3 I was excited to hear that he would be in Guild Wars 2. I had no intentions on rolling a human character until I learned this. I am totally alright with him being in every game as well, because I dig his voice.
    I don't roll male characters if I have an option. Like, ever. But I'm seriously debating rolling a human male just to hear his voice.