Thread: Beta Events

10+ Year Old Account

Question Beta Events

Simply a quick thread to clarify something.

I receieved a GW2 beta key via the recent Curse giveaway and just wanted to ask one thing. Will I be able to log in and play only at the upcoming 2 day (or how long was that) event, or is it just a stress-test, but my beta is not limited to it?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just for the beta weekend, 7/20 - 7/22.
    I think they are having a stress test the night before, but a beta key won't get you into that.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    20th to the 22nd That's the only time you will be able to play with that key.

Not a stress test. Zones up to level 35 are open and personal story up to level 20. WvW and sPvP are playable. As are now all the races, crafting etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    ArenaNet really need to push a client update to reflect the upcoming BWE not the "upcoming" stress test.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, that how it is, I see.

How many things can one actually accomplish in Guild Wars 2 during only two days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    So, that how it is, I see.

How many things can one actually accomplish in Guild Wars 2 during only two days?
    That depends, according to what criteria does one quantify 'fun'?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    ArenaNet really need to push a client update to reflect the upcoming BWE not the "upcoming" stress test.
    Yah they are probably still doing a lot of tweaks and whatnot for BWE3. Which is going to be like dress rehersal, with all races and balance tweaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GallowsZA View Post
    'fun'
    This buzzword again.
    Have you even read my question? I didn't ask how much "fun" I'm gonna get in these two days. I just want to know what level I can reach, what dungeon/events/battlegrounds would be available to me? Will I have any time to actually test anything in this beta test?
    This beta weekend system seems really restrictive to me. Or are there "full beta" accounts that can access the game at all times?

10+ Year Old Account
    This buzzword again.
    I just want to know what level I can reach, what dungeon/events/battlegrounds would be available to me? Will I have any time to actually test anything in this beta test?
    See now you are actually defining the indicators that you consider to be "things you can accomplish". Well done, its a step in the right direction. Now, in order to answer your question, you would likely have to specify how much of the amount of time you will be playing, your playstyle (how likely you are to wander off as opposed to focusing on TTK).

All the sPVP maps and WvWvW will be available to you from level 1. The first dungeon is only available mid 30's i believe, so to answer whether or not you'd be able to experience it, you'd have to first answer the first part of my post.

This buzzword again.
    Have you even read my question? I didn't ask how much "fun" I'm gonna get in these two days. I just want to know what level I can reach, what dungeon/events/battlegrounds would be available to me? Will I have any time to actually test anything in this beta test?
    This beta weekend system seems really restrictive to me. Or are there "full beta" accounts that can access the game at all times?
    You should use it to see if you enjoy the game...not sure what other accomplishment you can or should try to get from 2 days.
    Try some professions...see what you like...get a vibe for the combat...that sort of thing.
    I personally wouldn't try to be too regimented in your approach or try to tick off a list of what one can actually accomplish. Just see if you like it enough to buy it in all honesty.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-07-12 at 02:13 PM.

This buzzword again.
    There is no levelcap, people have already reached 80. But zones are limited, up untill lv35 zones and ~lv20 for personal story. There were 2 pvp maps in the last BWE and i think they were adding the third for the upcomming, not sure. WvW is completely available, but resets every night instead of every 2 weeks. They run testing aswell obviously, in an internal beta.

Quote Originally Posted by GallowsZA View Post
    See now you are actually defining the indicators that you consider to be "things you can accomplish". Well done, its a step in the right direction. Now, in order to answer your question, you would likely have to specify how much of the amount of time you will be playing, your playstyle (how likely you are to wander off as opposed to focusing on TTK).

All the sPVP maps and WvWvW will be available to you from level 1. The first dungeon is only available mid 30's i believe, so to answer whether or not you'd be able to experience it, you'd have to first answer the first part of my post.
    I think he means to ask what the "scope" of the BETA is. In other words, what content is opened up to the public. That said, I like your sense of humor.

and its 3 days sorta. Starts Fri ends late sunday night, so you have most of fri / sat and sun too play. as for content yuoull have access to everything we have access to who pre purchised which is all 5 races and up to level 35 zones aswell as world vs world pvp (which is amazing) and structured pvp.

Deleted
    How much you have time for depends. If you focused you could reach level 35, which is the highest level content in the beta as far as we still know. That would be quite a bit of rushing however, so you would miss out on allot of stuff.

I would recommend to try a little of everything, to get a feel of the game instead. The lower level areas are quite similar to the higher level areas. The combat to get a bit more involving at higher levels (especially for ranged, range is just flat out nukefest in low level areas as those mobs are more simple), but you will still get a good feel for the game.

Accomplishment? Beta gets wiped and therefore you accomplish nothing but helping them test. If that is not agreeable...

In all seriousness. This "buzzword" you speak of is what games are for. You may have forgotten it but Anet hasn't. So if you tone down the attitude and actually just TRY to have fun without some sort of epeen agenda of accomplishment, then you might discover that which has been long forgotten.