Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Looking for a singleplayer RPG

Hey, 2 months of semester break is coming closer and I am looking for a game to sink my freetime in. I am playing Diabro 3 (still) with about 280 Hours played, but I'm sure its not going to last much longer and so I am looking for something new.

Those are the options so far:
    -Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    -Fallout 3
    -Mass Effect 3

I haven't played any of those games before, except Fallout 1. I've had a blast with Skyrim, a very enjoiable game for sure, but I think I explored almost every dungeon twice on highest difficulty (had to play for Stormcloaks and Imperials, right?).

Could you recommend a game for me, that I should play next? Feel free to suggest any other games, besides those three that I've listed already.

EDIT: I do not own any consoles. Games must be available for PC.
    Last edited by Cfyhx; 2012-07-12 at 10:55 AM.
    I posted in the legendary "I found Yogg-Saron" thread and all I got was this lousy signature.

Deleted
    If you want to play the Mass Effect series, I highly recommend starting out with the first game. I started with Mass Effect 2 and i now realise that it was a mistake, I missed out on lots of the story that way. I have now played all games through, from 1-3 and even though the first game had really boring combat, it's better to start with it. Combat in mass effect 2 and 3 are similar and way better than the first game. The first games are really cheap anyway.

If you own a 360 grab Lost Odyssey!

Deffo play Fallout 3 and New Vegas at least, they are amazing games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deus Ex I wholeheartedly recommend. Lost Odyssey is also a good suggestion.
    Waiting on GW2 and Z.O.E. HD collection.
    Currently playing WoW and hating YGO.
    My Feral druid Main
    And most importantly I shall give you the means to travel faster than the fastest starship. To soar to the ends of the universe and beyond.....

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I do not own any consoles. Only a PC. But thanks for the suggestion anyways ;-)
    I posted in the legendary "I found Yogg-Saron" thread and all I got was this lousy signature.

Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga

A more humouristic Skyrim-like RPG, coupled with a few twists in gameplay.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Guild Wars 2 (even though it's an mmo) has a great single player RPG story/feel with no monthly fee.

Deus Ex definately.
    You should also try Fallout New Vegas, I find it a lot better than Fallout 3.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Absolutely amazing game. The way Fable should have been.
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz | Corsair H70 | SLI GTX580 @ 850 Core | OCZ Vertex 2 90GB (Boot)
    G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB RAM @ 1800mhz 8-9-8-24

Avid game lover and Twitch streamer @ twitch.tv/rendhammerTV

Quote Originally Posted by Rendhammer View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Absolutely amazing game. The way Fable should have been.
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is indeed an amazing game... actually one of the best I've played! You should give it a try.

After looking up Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on google images, I am unsure if I like the visual design of this game, but further investigation will be done before judging this game ;-) haven't heard of it before. Same goes for Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga.

You should also try Fallout New Vegas, I find it a lot better than Fallout 3.
    Can someone explain why Fallout New Vegas is better than Fallout 3? Also, are they linked together in any way (storywise)? I have no idea.

Hey there.

So I would reccomend you to play some of those old-school rpg's
    So: Baldur's Gate I, II ; Icewind Dale I, II ; Neverwinter Nights ; and ofcourse the grand rpg - Planescape : Torment. Those games are from bioware / black isle studio - a huge piece of art. So just try those, its a big treasure.

Personally I enjoyed FO3 a lot more than New Vegas but they are both amazing games.

New Vegas is not a direct sequel and I think there are no ties what so ever. There may be a few references as well as the brotherhood of steel from the series.

The games you listed are all actually really good and it more or less depends on if your a fan of any one particular genre. Outside of those 3 you should also check out Skyrim, KoA, Lost Odyssey, and if you haven't already the Dragon Age series of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadaverus View Post
    Hey there.

So I would reccomend you to play some of those old-school rpg's
    So: Baldur's Gate I, II ; Icewind Dale I, II ; Neverwinter Nights ; and ofcourse the grand rpg - Planescape : Torment. Those games are from bioware / black isle studio - a huge piece of art. So just try those, its a big treasure.
    I absolutely agree with this. Most of Bioware's back collection is available on Good Old Games ( gog.com ) for $10 each or less. In fact, I'd recommend raiding most of their RPG section there.

And in the name of all that's holy, buy Lost Odyssey ASAP. That game is just glorious if you like to indulge in story and getting to know your character(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend Dragon Age: Origins too, one of two truly great fantasy RPGs of this generation, the other one being Witcher 2, which is also a must buy in my opinion. I really enjoyed Dragon Age 2 as well, but it's certainly not as popular as the original.
    You should also invest in a DS too, it's my favourite console, handheld or otherwise. There's a huge number of great games on that little dual- screened wonder, particularly if you're a fan of J-RPGS.

Drakensang: The River of Time
    Witcher 2
    Dragon age: Origins & Awakening
    Dungeon Siege 3
    Deus Ex
    Kingdoms of Amalur
    Titan Quest
    Torchlight 2 (soon)

If you want to go oldschool
    Bauldur's gate
    Neverwinter nights
    KoToR
    Planescape: Torment
    Betrayal at krondor
    Last edited by Yalingo; 2012-07-12 at 02:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Isnt there a Skyrim DLC coming very soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    I would recommend Dragon Age: Origins too, one of two truly great fantasy RPGs of this generation, the other one being Witcher 2, which is also a must buy in my opinion. I really enjoyed Dragon Age 2 as well, but it's certainly not as popular as the original.
    You should also invest in a DS too, it's my favourite console, handheld or otherwise. There's a huge number of great games on that little dual- screened wonder, particularly if you're a fan of J-RPGS.
    I am going to look for some informations about Dragon Age: Origins later, I remember I was thinking about buying this game a while ago but then I decided not to. Don't know why.
    I completely forgot about The Witcher 2. I've played the first game for a few hours until it crashed and destroyed my save file. I've heard some good stuff about the second game but I don't think I'm really in the mood for those medieval-type games right now. I'll keep The Witcher 2 in mind tho, I could still change my mind ;-)

Regarding to your DS suggestion. I have an emulator for that and I've played some Pokemon game a few months ago. I Think it was Soulsilver. I don't like the DS console a major timesink, I find it hard to get immersed in the atmosphere of the games. Also not a fan of other J-RPG's.

SWTOR - It's pretty much single player