Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    For anyone new to this thread, They're several posts (Don't really stray off the first 2 pages) that are very well thought out on how to combat the competition on the AH. Some take a bit more time consumption, others are a quick way to make some quick coin.

ALL suggestions are plausible and all have seen both positive and negative results. Good luck on the AH =)

Quote Originally Posted by mmoscreenshotproof View Post
    Some farm the mats themselves, thus 0 cost.
    How does farming not have a gigantic opportunity cost? Every minute you farm costs you because you could be doing something more profitable in that time for the most part.

Keep seeing that in this thread and I can't think of anyhing more wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahlika View Post
    How does farming not have a gigantic opportunity cost? Every minute you farm costs you because you could be doing something more profitable in that time for the most part.

Keep seeing that in this thread and I can't think of anyhing more wrong.
    Ofc there is an opportunity cost, but in the mind of a farmer who has invested his own time rather than gold he can afford to sell the item for whatever he wants. In relation to the scenario a person who farms there own stuff is more likely to tolerate lower prices for a sale as opposed to someone who has bought the items off the ah and has to worry about the purchase price. Its not about efficiency its about the possible mindset of people undercutting the OP. If a farmer just wants to ditch his stuff then he isnt going to be bothered what the cost of production has been and can easily undercut someone reliant on the ah. If the OP annoys his competitors enough then its a legitimate stragey to destroy the market completely and take it to its natural conclusion of zero profit or even a loss becayse the experienced player is likely to have more money and can play the game more effectively.

Deleted
    OP, have you ever considered that some people put something on AH just to get rid of it? And the money on the side is just a bonus?

Because that sounds like he's doing. And it's exactly what I would do in the same situation.
    I don't want to hang on to an item for long and keep trying to make the most profit out of it. I don't want to be an AH player.
    I care about the rest of the game, I want to spend my time there. I want action, I don't want to spend time on boring numbers.
    I just want to get rid of some items, and the money is just a bonus.

As long as I make some money off of it, it's all worth it. Yes that can mean that I put items up for less than they're worth.
    What the hell do I care? I found the item and I make money off of it. I don't see the problem.

The only one making a problem out of it is you. The AH player.
    And if I can piss off people that play the AH and get rich off of others, that's just a bonus for me. A great bonus.

People that play the AH are just like bankers and jews in real life. They're rich and still they complain about a minor misfortune.

Seriously get a life.

Mod Edit: Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-07-14 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I support people who undercut. It actually lets me occasionally get something at a fair price, while the pricks who control the market and play the auction house all day price things way too high. I swear, the game would be so much better if auctioning was done away with. As it is, the people who do that screw over the people who just play the game and have no more income than what leveling gives.
    Those "pricks" are the ones who ensure everything you need is always in supply at the AH.

You wine about high prices, but without them a lot more people would wine about unavailability.

Deleted
    Hmm... thats good!